[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Google Pixel

Search This thread

Joran01

Jan 21, 2017
I just installed this ROM on my Pixel 1 (32GB) and wow, I wasn't expecting it to be this much better than the latest stock ROM. It's literally 2-3x faster, and battery life seems to be better. It's so much smoother than the stock ROM (Android 10).

I just noticed that all Pixels except the Pixel 1 and Pixel 6 have LineageOS 19 builds. Is there a hardware limitation that prevents the Pixel 1 from running Android 12? Or is there already work in progress to bring LineageOS 19 to the Pixel 1?

Joran01

Jan 21, 2017
@npjohnson I'm having some issues trying to update LineageOS on my Pixel. When I go to the updater, it says I have the build from May 7, 2022. There's a new version from May 8, 2022 (which is 693 MB) but my phone can't seem to install the update. When I press install after I've downloaded the update, I get an "Install error". If I press install a second time, I don't get the error. Then I have to reboot my device to finish the update but after the reboot, my device is still on the build of May 7, 2022 and it still says the May 8 build is available to install. The current build number is RQ3A.211001.0010f8969de1d

Edit: I was able to install the May 14, 2022 build

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson I'm having some issues trying to update LineageOS on my Pixel. When I go to the updater, it says I have the build from May 7, 2022. There's a new version from May 8, 2022 (which is 693 MB) but my phone can't seem to install the update. When I press install after I've downloaded the update, I get an "Install error". If I press install a second time, I don't get the error. Then I have to reboot my device to finish the update but after the reboot, my device is still on the build of May 7, 2022 and it still says the May 8 build is available to install. The current build number is RQ3A.211001.0010f8969de1d

Edit: I was able to install the May 14, 2022 build
Uploading new build - that one had the wrong gapps selection

Joran01

Jan 21, 2017
I'm sorry if you get these types of questions a lot but do you know if the Pixel 1 will get support for LineageOS 19?

OFFSPRINGER3

Mar 13, 2014
I saw a message that android 12 runs at OG Pixel but so far there are bugs. In general, it is still unknown whether there will be Android 12 for Pixel 🤔

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
Hi everyone! Flashed the 27 April build about a week ago with open gapps pico without any problem. The rom works fantastic! Very smooth, less battery drain, much free storage space compared to stock, google photos free unlimited storage. Many thanks to the developers for keeping this marlin alive!

Pixel XL 32GB
How do you know that Google Photos has free unlimited storage? It seems to have changed, and I can't find where it used to say unlimited on my phone (sailfish).

How do you know that Google Photos has free unlimited storage? It seems to have changed, and I can't find where it used to say unlimited on my phone (sailfish).
Tap on the account thumbnail at the top right > backup completed > 3 dots at the top right > backup settings > it clearly says that my pixel can upload unlimited photos and videos for free.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I went to the Nehus 6 forum and was surprised that even he has a Lineage 19.1 😶Why the OG Pixel is always the last
Because the Nexus 6's Android 12 has _dun dun dun_ Broken BPF! Like I said, we can get m1s1 running 12, but **** will always be broken. No working around it unless someone back ports BPF.

Joran01

Jan 21, 2017
@npjohnson the new June 4, 2022 build seems to be broken. Every time I tap INSTALL, it crashes the updater app. I attached a screen recording. I can also generate a bug report if that's useful to you.

Edit: simply restarting my device fixed it.

Attachments

• screen-20220604-154116.mp4
    10.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson the new June 4, 2022 build seems to be broken. Every time I tap INSTALL, it crashes the updater app. I attached a screen recording. I can also generate a bug report if that's useful to you.

Edit: simply restarting my device fixed it.
It's sadly a known bug, sometimes after it's successfully installs. The reboot button doesn't pop up, some people have tried to fix it but can't really isolate the issue.

If it ever happens again, know you can just reboot the device and it will actually update.

Reactions: Francesco Libera

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Google Pixel.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Sound Trigger (Screen-off "Hey Google" detection) is nonfunctional due to incompatibilities with older proprietary binaries, and lack of system space for needed Google Apps.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is OpenGApps pico, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_marlin
    IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) are fixed. Next build will have it remediated.
    I went to the Nehus 6 forum and was surprised that even he has a Lineage 19.1 😶Why the OG Pixel is always the last
    Because the Nexus 6's Android 12 has _dun dun dun_ Broken BPF! Like I said, we can get m1s1 running 12, but **** will always be broken. No working around it unless someone back ports BPF.
    My experience these first weeks: the phone is very fast and responsive, battery lasting longer than last official stock firmware (Android 10). The following are the only issues I've found:

1. Automatic brightness going too low in the dark: This was present at least in the past two releases.
    2. Android Auto not working in the car ("Test App" appears on screen when connecting to car USB). There's a workaround in the forums where you need to copy the .apk to a system folder here, or re-flashing gapps. This was also present in the last releases.

Great job!
    1. I can take a look into this. Nothing has changed in auto-brightness since 18.0's initial push, so it must be device specific. Does it just go black?
    2. Yeah, we can't fit full GMS - AA is one of the things I sacrificed to get GMS to fit.
    I've found issues that the settings app seems to crash if you enter the permission screen on some (all?) apps. Just go into Facebook or Messenger or whatever and try to disable the microphone and there's a good chance for a crash

Also, I've definitely noticed what was mentioned above. This ROM seems to have 0% screen brightness as an option. The official LineageOS 16.1 does not.
    Permissions: Doesn't happen for me - do you have Magisk or something?
    Thank you so much for the Sailfish July 2021 update 🤗

Edit: what computer 🖥 and OS do you use to compile your Rom's? Would you be so kind to make a guide with the commands you use to compile? I can't get the one from the LOS website to work :/ ty
    I use the same one's detailed on the Lineage wiki.

They work.

My personal PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/npjohnson/saved/#view=dr268d