• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG G5

Search This thread

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
So I solved my NFC wakelock problem and I wanted to share my solution. I installed an Xposed module DeepSleep that lets you disable wakelocks, alarms, servers and syncs for individual apps. I disabled wakelocks and alarms for NFC, rebooted my phone and WOW! My phone stays in deep sleep and my battery life is amazing! After 48 hours of normal use (no games) my battery was at 30%. I am thrilled with this!

I can still use NFC, I just can only use it when the screen is on. I like this as a security precaution, the developer might want to think about including this as an option in LOS 18.1.

Now, even though according to BBS Google Play used minimal sleep time, I disabled wakelocks, alarms, and sync for Google Play Store/Services anyway and my battery life is even better! It appears to me that Google can maybe mask the battery usage of some core apps?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I have VoLTE working fine on LineageOS 14.1 for LG G5.
Yeah, sorry, no you don't.

We've spent countless weeks looking at LG IMS. It's too complex to re-implement cleanly.

Especially on 14.1, where the IMS stack and dependencies aren't even all there to begin with.

Anything you're seeing is a false report, but not sure how that'd happen.

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
Yeah, sorry, no you don't.

We've spent countless weeks looking at LG IMS. It's too complex to re-implement cleanly.

Especially on 14.1, where the IMS stack and dependencies aren't even all there to begin with.

Anything you're seeing is a false report, but not sure how that'd happen.
Ah, sorry, I had this confused with another phone. Yeah, my LOS 14.1 G5 doesn't even have a VoLTE menu item; regardless, the call sound quality is amazing!

Reactions: npjohnson

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
Repo is no longer working for I've started getting the following error.

Code:
[repo reset: error: Entry 'docs/release-process.md' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
fatal: Could not reset index file to revision 'v2.16.6^0'.

My repo script is up to date.

My roomservice.xml is as follows.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_h850" path="device/lge/h850" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_g5-common" path="device/lge/g5-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_msm8996-common" path="device/lge/msm8996-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996" path="kernel/lge/msm8996" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_common" path="device/lge/common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_sony_timekeep" path="hardware/sony/timekeep" remote="github" />
</manifest>

My themuppets.xml is as follows.

Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
</manifest>

Any suggestions?

Best wishes,
Bob

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Repo is no longer working for I've started getting the following error.

Code:
[repo reset: error: Entry 'docs/release-process.md' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
fatal: Could not reset index file to revision 'v2.16.6^0'.

My repo script is up to date.

My roomservice.xml is as follows.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_h850" path="device/lge/h850" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_g5-common" path="device/lge/g5-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_msm8996-common" path="device/lge/msm8996-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996" path="kernel/lge/msm8996" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_common" path="device/lge/common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_sony_timekeep" path="hardware/sony/timekeep" remote="github" />
</manifest>

My themuppets.xml is as follows.

Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
</manifest>

Any suggestions?

Best wishes,
Bob
sounds like your tree is corrupted, I'd blow it away and resync.

Reactions: rfrazier

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
What do you do different for GPS?
At the moment, just a slightly different gps.conf. Until the spring, I didn't have Gapps, and used a different NetworkLocation. But, my wife broke her phone and wanted to use my spare H850 until she got a new phone. She uses google, and I didn't want to keep up two versions, so I made a standard version. Now she doesn't want to get a new phone. :)

Best wishes,
Bob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just finished installing the dirty build, and the torch now works.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Hi. I have stupid question. What does this icon mean? It's present all the time and I cant' figure out what it means. I thought it's a system update icon, but updating system didn't make it go away. View attachment 5414725
    It's either showing the actual orientation of the screen or orientation mode you've chosen.
    Might be possible to turn off in status bar symbol settings.
    My gps can't get localized. Only over internet but not over native gps. is there anyone with the same problem?
    Try to read this
    Also in this thread someone talk about this.
    Is not a LOS issue.
    I have issue on GPS also when was running stock firmware.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG G5

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG G5.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    I just checked my phone. I'm using 18.1 self built on 30 March, with no changes to audio. The phone is H850. I've gone from lineage 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18. I've never used stock on it.

1. Playing music or audio books over the speakers sounds fine (given the quality of the speakers). No crackling or distortion.

2. Recording with the Recorder produces an audio file that is on the low side with regard to volume, but no particular distortion.

3. Ditto for recording with Open Camera.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    FM may be fixed soon, IR I'm, really not sure whats up :/
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    If you're phone is misbehaving and you never did Stock updates, I highly recommend doing a full wipe/format and flashing the latest Autoprime's COMPLETE flashable stock packages for your G5 via TWRP (whichever specific model you have)

I've experienced odd issues when using custom ROMs on the G5 that were fixed once doing so. Those full updates made an update to something important to whichever partition (boot, modem, who knows) that later Lineage builds are based off of.