• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG G5

Search This thread

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
IIRC H850 is unlocked only officially through LG. And they only offer unlock for EU H850.
So basically you have a phone which can't be unlocked, unless some hack thing is discovered.

orclex

Apr 1, 2016
I just installed LineageOS 18.1 on my LG G5 h850.
Is there any chance to use Google Pay on that device with LineageOS 18.1?

I do not need root so I'd like to disable root support if this allows me to use Google Pay. Unfortunately at the LineageOS webpage https://lineageosroms.com/root/ there are only patches to disable SuperUser up to LineageOS 16. What about 18.1?

I also found Magisk 23 and installed the zip in recovery mode and hide magisk in the settings. Unfortunately I still cannot pass the SafetyNet check. Has anyone passed it?
Is this the way to get Google Pay working?

Thanks!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I just installed LineageOS 18.1 on my LG G5 h850.
Is there any chance to use Google Pay on that device with LineageOS 18.1?

I do not need root so I'd like to disable root support if this allows me to use Google Pay. Unfortunately at the LineageOS webpage https://lineageosroms.com/root/ there are only patches to disable SuperUser up to LineageOS 16. What about 18.1?

I also found Magisk 23 and installed the zip in recovery mode and hide magisk in the settings. Unfortunately I still cannot pass the SafetyNet check. Has anyone passed it?
Is this the way to get Google Pay working?

Thanks!
Lineageosroms is not lineage, it's some random ad filled crap site. Stay away.

Magisk no longer passes safetynet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It may be that the 15.1 I'm using isn't so good. So, if anyone has a link to Lineage 15.1 where they know that NFC works on it, I would be grateful.
    I have used this
    There is also another path for got NFC working but I can't find it, I have used the first time about one year ago, I remember you should start from Android 7.0 stock firmware and install all versions of lineageos, on last step you can wipe all and install LOS 17.1 (I started with LOS from version 17.1), maybe now you can use LOS 18.1.
    Android 7.0 stock firmware should install firmware 1.1E on nfc chip.
    At least not how I used them. Although I included the 64bit library in the system, I don't know whether anything is using it.

It is curious that the stock ROM has a 64bit library, but it isn't there on TheMuppets. But, I don't know the nfc system.

What I find really curious, and that which disturbs both my sensibilities about logic and the workings of the physical world, is that idea that the order of changing ROMs could make a difference. If a complete ROM works with any token of H850 hardware, it should work with any token of the same type of hardware. Something about this stuff being relatively deterministic, repeatable, and the like..

Best wishes,
    Bob

I remember fixing NFC after this post during the old LOS 14.1 days. You can find that NFC driver zip here.
    After that, I started using my own LOS 15.1 builds and then I jumped straight to 18.1 and NFC still works. Always clean flashed stuff.
    I hope this helps anyhow.
    I remember fixing NFC after this post during the old LOS 14.1 days. You can find that NFC driver zip here.
    After that, I started using my own LOS 15.1 builds and then I jumped straight to 18.1 and NFC still works. Always clean flashed stuff.
    I hope this helps anyhow.
    Thanks. It turns out that the firmware library in the NFC driver zip has exactly the same md5sum value as the one in TheMuppets (i.e., the one standardly included in the ROM).

Best wishes,
    Bob
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG G5

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG G5.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    I just checked my phone. I'm using 18.1 self built on 30 March, with no changes to audio. The phone is H850. I've gone from lineage 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18. I've never used stock on it.

1. Playing music or audio books over the speakers sounds fine (given the quality of the speakers). No crackling or distortion.

2. Recording with the Recorder produces an audio file that is on the low side with regard to volume, but no particular distortion.

3. Ditto for recording with Open Camera.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    FM may be fixed soon, IR I'm, really not sure whats up :/
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    If you're phone is misbehaving and you never did Stock updates, I highly recommend doing a full wipe/format and flashing the latest Autoprime's COMPLETE flashable stock packages for your G5 via TWRP (whichever specific model you have)

I've experienced odd issues when using custom ROMs on the G5 that were fixed once doing so. Those full updates made an update to something important to whichever partition (boot, modem, who knows) that later Lineage builds are based off of.