• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG G5

Search This thread

VortexHD

Well, I flashed stock and everything works as expected. I flashed all versions of 18.1 and had the same issues.

I also tried Havoc custom ROM android 11 and had the same issues. I might try lighthouse and other custom ROMs but I can't figure out why this is happening? It's fine on stock so not a hardware issue??

Hello, I maintain DotOS for the G5 and can confirm that double tap to wake works on it fine.

Reactions: megatron_lives

megatron_lives

May 6, 2016
LG G5
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello, I maintain DotOS for the G5 and can confirm that double tap to wake works on it fine.
Thanks. I'll try Dot and report back....

Edit: haha, getting there. Double tap does work with Dotos but still when selecting shutdown, the phone restarts (but without the constant vibration before though)

Very strange. I'm not familiar with logcat etc. But would installing and observing the logs help to elucidate the cause for this behaviour??

Last edited:

guytalluto

Nov 11, 2015
OpenCam works good on this rom/phone H830. To get recording volume, you need to switch in camera settings audio to default instead of camcorder mic. Using Opera browser with DuckDuckGo search engine; wondering if Magisk Terminal Debloater will work to remove browser, file explorer and camera apps (I like FX explorer as well)

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Has anyone been able to get WiFi calling to work?

I see "Wi-Fi calling" in the settings "Search results" (when I type in the search string), but it doesn't seem to actually be in the menu anywhere
No, and it never will :/

LG's IMS (VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling) implementation is deeply rooted in LG proprietary frameworks, and can't be implemented in LineageOS.

Reactions: crossan007

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hi @npjohnson
Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video.
We could probably fix the low volume issue with something like this: https://github.com/BernardoBas/andr...mmit/447b11617e94bdc19797f0321b4c67d9ea0e1f94
Maybe 100 is too much. If you are running your own unsigned builds you can test that by replacing mixer_paths_tasha.xml located in /system_root/system/vendor/etc through TWRP file manager (no need to make a new build). I'm using official signed builds so I couldn't test that myself since it breaks audio.
Let me know if I can help.

Reactions: djskribbles

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hi @npjohnson
Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video.
We could probably fix the low volume issue with something like this: https://github.com/BernardoBas/andr...mmit/447b11617e94bdc19797f0321b4c67d9ea0e1f94
Maybe 100 is too much. If you are running your own unsigned builds you can test that by replacing mixer_paths_tasha.xml located in /system_root/system/vendor/etc through TWRP file manager (no need to make a new build). I'm using official signed builds so I couldn't test that myself since it breaks audio.
Let me know if I can help.
push a patchset to gerrit! Details on how to do so are on wiki. Add me as a reviewer :)

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
Does anyone happen to use snapchat for making calls? I use snapchat for calling my niece and always use speaker phone. The first time I used it after installing 18.1 it was fine, but the second time I used it she said she could hear herself echoing really badly. This could very well be a HW issue with my phone.

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Does anyone happen to use snapchat for making calls? I use snapchat for calling my niece and always use speaker phone. The first time I used it after installing 18.1 it was fine, but the second time I used it she said she could hear herself echoing really badly. This could very well be a HW issue with my phone.

Please take a log during one of those calls and I'll see if I can adjust the sound mixer to optimize that.

Has anyone tested 911/E911 for this ROM/device?

I haven't used Lineage since version 16-ish because I once needed to call 911, but doing so sent my phone into a bootloop (this was a few years ago). Fortunately someone else with me was able to make the call.

Curious if anyone else has had similar, or whether anyone else tests this functionality as part of switching ROMs.

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
@aleasto, @npjohnson, @x86cpu, can you look into why my main camera, in snapchat only, has weird vertical lines/artifacts that are not present in any other camera app I've tried? They seem to appear in low-mid lighting conditions. This has been happening as far as I can remember, but I didn't really care much to bring it up because I don't use snapchat's main camera often, but it would still be nice if it could be fixed.

I've attached a logcat and a sample photo.

edit: I can't attach text files/the logcat for some reason. Here's the logcat:

Attachments

• Snapchat-361345185.jpg
    Snapchat-361345185.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
@aleasto, @npjohnson, @x86cpu, can you look into why my main camera, in snapchat only, has weird vertical lines/artifacts that are not present in any other camera app I've tried? They seem to appear in low-mid lighting conditions. This has been happening as far as I can remember, but I didn't really care much to bring it up because I don't use snapchat's main camera often, but it would still be nice if it could be fixed.

I've attached a logcat and a sample photo.

edit: I can't attach text files/the logcat for some reason. If there's some other way to get the logcat to you, let me know.

You can paste the content here https://del.dog/ and share the link.

Reactions: djskribbles
Apr 20, 2021
I think it should work - if it does, report back and I'll add it to the list of supported devices :)
Unfortunately, it didn't :(. I couldn't even get it to start on fast boot, which was both embarrassing and annoying. I spent the better part of the day scouring the internet for methods and tools to do so but to no avail. All that fruitless search somewhat soured my otherwise perfectly good Friday.
I think it comes down to my set being one of the less common and less support variants. Oh well, into the drawer it goes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG G5

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG G5.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    I just checked my phone. I'm using 18.1 self built on 30 March, with no changes to audio. The phone is H850. I've gone from lineage 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18. I've never used stock on it.

1. Playing music or audio books over the speakers sounds fine (given the quality of the speakers). No crackling or distortion.

2. Recording with the Recorder produces an audio file that is on the low side with regard to volume, but no particular distortion.

3. Ditto for recording with Open Camera.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    FM may be fixed soon, IR I'm, really not sure whats up :/
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    If you're phone is misbehaving and you never did Stock updates, I highly recommend doing a full wipe/format and flashing the latest Autoprime's COMPLETE flashable stock packages for your G5 via TWRP (whichever specific model you have)

I've experienced odd issues when using custom ROMs on the G5 that were fixed once doing so. Those full updates made an update to something important to whichever partition (boot, modem, who knows) that later Lineage builds are based off of.