[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG G5

Search This thread
Unfortunately, it didn't :(. I couldn't even get it to start on fast boot, which was both embarrassing and annoying. I spent the better part of the day scouring the internet for methods and tools to do so but to no avail. All that fruitless search somewhat soured my otherwise perfectly good Friday.
I think it comes down to my set being one of the less common and less support variants. Oh well, into the drawer it goes.
For going directly into fastboot I use "Quick Reboot" by phongit.
Just tested again and working perfectly well.
Root needed of course.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Unfortunately, it didn't :(. I couldn't even get it to start on fast boot, which was both embarrassing and annoying. I spent the better part of the day scouring the internet for methods and tools to do so but to no avail. All that fruitless search somewhat soured my otherwise perfectly good Friday.
    I think it comes down to my set being one of the less common and less support variants. Oh well, into the drawer it goes.
    Sad, sorry to hear that.

Edit: oh wait you couldn't get it into fastboot mode? That would be adb reboot bootloader

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • I think this vulnerability exist in LG G5, will it be fixed by LineageOS? Is not easy because the vulnerable code is in vendor library.
    Nope. Would require the OEM to patch it which they won't.
    Is there WIP for Bluetooth not able to autoconnect and not responding to media buttons on headset while phone is in sleep?

Same question for GPS only fix.
    Never heard this one.

Have you filed a bug report for either?

etmatrix

• Jan 6, 2015
    For GPS there is this issue already opened for another device. On my H850 GPS is working, even if it's not fast, but I always had some problems with antenna.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
    Reactions: bernardobas

Stiesen

Nov 18, 2017
    First of all THANK YOU to npjohnson, x86cpu, aleasto and team for keeping the G5s alive!

Avast Antivirus 2021 tells me there is malware in the sms/mms app. I cleared everything, formatted the internal drive and reinstalled lineage-18.1-20210502-nightly-h850-signed.zip. Then I installed nothing but Avast Antivirus. It still tells me there is malware in the sms/mms app. I tried several other scanner which did not detect malware. I believe this is false alarm, but could anybody check this, pease?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • First of all THANK YOU to npjohnson, x86cpu, aleasto and team for keeping the G5s alive!

Avast Antivirus 2021 tells me there is malware in the sms/mms app. I cleared everything, formatted the internal drive and reinstalled lineage-18.1-20210502-nightly-h850-signed.zip. Then I installed nothing but Avast Antivirus. It still tells me there is malware in the sms/mms app. I tried several other scanner which did not detect malware. I believe this is false alarm, but could anybody check this, pease?
    Antivirus for Android is really and genuinely useless. Beyond scanning /sdcard for files with known malicious patterns, it really doesn't do anything of use.

But yeah, defs a false alarm.

Reactions: Stiesen

[email protected]@

Sep 26, 2013
    Have you filed a bug report for either?
    Nope. I've switched to havoc ATM since Bluetooth was less buggy at that time. Now it's the same on havoc. But I reported GPS and somebody reported Bluetooth issue here. I'd really be happy to believe that those issues are my device specific, but even though I asked it here nobody replied for GPS test. Now since VortexHD tested GPS fix on DOTos I believe it is fixed on LOS as well. Bluetooth is still an open question.

[email protected]@

Sep 26, 2013
    I can confirm GPS is a non issue on LOS tree. I can only thank VortexHD for testing and giving me a reason to revisit GPS fix and this time get it done it for good. If somebody is desperate enough of not having GPS and tired of not any more working methods, but interested in drilling your phone, please welcome to read my journey of a shlom's shame-hole method https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gps-issues-demystified.3707934/post-85021533

Apr 20, 2021
    Sad, sorry to hear that.

Edit: oh wait you couldn't get it into fastboot mode? That would be adb reboot bootloader
    The command did not help, sadly. The phone reboots normally no matter how many times I use it. I have turned on USB debug, OEM unlock, tried adb from numerous sources, factory reset the device half a dozen times, but nothing worked. This factor also severely limited the options to root. By this point I'm inclined to believe this particular model is beyond hope. Thanks for your response though. I appreciate you trying to help.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • The command did not help, sadly. The phone reboots normally no matter how many times I use it. I have turned on USB debug, OEM unlock, tried adb from numerous sources, factory reset the device half a dozen times, but nothing worked. This factor also severely limited the options to root. By this point I'm inclined to believe this particular model is beyond hope. Thanks for your response though. I appreciate you trying to help.
    sounds like the turned fastboot off for your model - just convert to us997 like others said.

Matwar

Dec 12, 2011
    LG G5
    Has anyone made Google Pay to work? I can't add any card, everytime I get error that my phone is rooted. Of course I tried Magisk Hide, but without succes...

[email protected]@

Sep 26, 2013
    Has anyone made Google Pay to work? I can't add any card, everytime I get error that my phone is rooted. Of course I tried Magisk Hide, but without succes...
    I use it almost daily. Check if you pass the test and hide Google play and pay. If you do not pass the test you need to add prop module. Do not remember the name of it unfortunately. I do not use the module.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-164755_Magisk.png
      Screenshot_20210517-164755_Magisk.png
      198.1 KB · Views: 17

livinglight108

May 17, 2021
    Hello. Calls do not work on my H830 with any ROM other than stock T-Mo. I confirmed this by flashing an 8.0 ROM, which solved my problem. Calls work. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-imgs-kdz-2018-08-01-security-patch.3845206/)

I have the latest TWRP. I formatted data, installed the official 18.1 build for the H830, I then wiped the cache. ROM boots perfectly. Texts work. Data works. No calls work. I tried messing with mobile network settings, no avail.

I tried flashing a ''stock'' modem file after Lineage thinking this might solve my problem, it did not.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I updated my H850 two days ago and I'm facing two (or three) problems, which prevents me from staying at 18.1

Do you mean nightly build: "lineage-18.1-20210516-nightly-h850-signed.zip"?
      Do you mean nightly build: "lineage-18.1-20210516-nightly-h850-signed.zip"?
      Exactly this rom, I came from 17.1 without working NFC and outdated Magisk.
      So I started flashing at 15.1 following these instructions and everything looked good so far, as long as I stayed at home within WiFi range...
      Has anyone had any issues with attaining Widevine L1/Netflix HD on the latest nightly builds? I had Widevine L1 working way back in the 17.1 era, but can't get it working with the current 18.1 builds; only Widevine L3 is available. FWIW it doesn't appear to be an SELinux access bug that is preventing L1 like in the 17.1 days according to logcat.
      it's broken on 18.1, and on 17.1 only a few codecs work.
      Those changes were pushed to get at least L3 since it was not even possible to play drm content (aka Netflix app failed to open).

It will be hard to get L1 if that was remotely possible.
      It's not possible :/
      Wide angle works fine.
      My fault. I thought, that I had to use long press for switch and not 0.5 / 1.0.
      lineage-os-logo.png

LG G5

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG G5.

Downloads:
      Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
      If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
      • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
      • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
      Notes:
      • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
      Does anybody know what's the difference between the recovery downloadable here <https://download.lineageos.org/h850> and the official TWRP from here <https://eu.dl.twrp.me/h850/> or has anybody running/tested the first?
      I've used nothing but LineageOS recovery since the beginning of December.

TWRP has many more features, such as a shell and nanroid backup. Lineage recovery is (or was, last time I used TWRP) better integrated into the system. It allows automatic upgrade of an encrypted system.

Best wishes,
      Bob
      If you're phone is misbehaving and you never did Stock updates, I highly recommend doing a full wipe/format and flashing the latest Autoprime's COMPLETE flashable stock packages for your G5 via TWRP (whichever specific model you have)

I've experienced odd issues when using custom ROMs on the G5 that were fixed once doing so. Those full updates made an update to something important to whichever partition (boot, modem, who knows) that later Lineage builds are based off of.
      I just checked my phone. I'm using 18.1 self built on 30 March, with no changes to audio. The phone is H850. I've gone from lineage 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18. I've never used stock on it.

1. Playing music or audio books over the speakers sounds fine (given the quality of the speakers). No crackling or distortion.

2. Recording with the Recorder produces an audio file that is on the low side with regard to volume, but no particular distortion.

3. Ditto for recording with Open Camera.

Best wishes,
      Bob
      Wide angle works fine.
      My fault. I thought, that I had to use long press for switch and not 0.5 / 1.0.