• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG G5

Search This thread
Jan 2, 2015
I set governor to ondemand and the overheating issue reduces

I set the governor to ondemand and the heat problems reduces
The big cpu or little cpu? I tried setting both at schedutil, not as bad as before, but I still pick up some heat during regular browsing session and playing chess. I doubt these are that cpu/gpu intensive. Maybe it's because of wifi usage. Again this wasn't a problem with stock rom, but really don't want to go back. Really like lineage, it runs very smoothly (beside the heating issue)

I'll try the ondemand setting and see how it goes.

Edit: using it for about 5 or 6 hours so far, setting the CPU at ondemand definitely yield the best result. No heat at all during regular browsing session. Haven't try any game yet, but so far so good!

Last edited:
Reactions: rojorojorojo
Jan 2, 2015
Is there any updates on NFC, the icon is grayed out and there's no "turn on" button under connected device > connection preferences > NFC.

Did some searches on git, there was some post opened about 2 months ago, and no more updates afterward. Guessing still broken?

VortexHD

Is there any updates on NFC, the icon is grayed out and there's no "turn on" button under connected device > connection preferences > NFC.

Did some searches on git, there was some post opened about 2 months ago, and no more updates afterward. Guessing still broken?
There is a fix for it! You need to flash LineageOS 15.1 and then flash Lineageos 18.1.
More info can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...88-h850-h830-15-07-2021.4265869/post-84931415

Last edited:
Reactions: ravenchaser210

etmatrix

Jan 6, 2015

there is also this issue still opened. The error of NFC depends on version of firmware, with downgrade to LOS 15.1 download of firmware works so old version is download, from LOS 16 download of firmware doesn't work anymore, so is impossible download old versions into chip.

Jan 2, 2015
There is a fix for it! You need to flash LineageOS 15.1 and then flash Lineageos 18.1.
More info can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...88-h850-h830-15-07-2021.4265869/post-84931415
there is also this issue still opened. The error of NFC depends on version of firmware, with downgrade to LOS 15.1 download of firmware works so old version is download, from LOS 16 download of firmware doesn't work anymore, so is impossible download old versions into chip.
Dirty flash to 18.1 after flashing 15.1, did fix the NFC. Didn't go through 16,17 and etc. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: VortexHD

toot-217

Nov 3, 2012
I'm going to install this rom on my H850 as my daily driver, but I've got three questions before I do that:

- On a previous attempt I had trouble with the fingerprint reader. This should be solved by starting flashing (and checking) from Lineage 15.1, right?

- Does Open Gapps works with this rom? The notes referring to the WIki aren't 100% clear

- Does Android Auto work for somebody using this rom?

etmatrix

Jan 6, 2015
- On a previous attempt I had trouble with the fingerprint reader. This should be solved by starting flashing (and checking) from Lineage 15.1, right?
With LOS 17.1 and 18.1 I never seen issue on fingerprint reader, but only on NFC.

- Does Open Gapps works with this rom? The notes referring to the WIki aren't 100% clear
In the past Open Gapps was not supported on LOS 18.1(android 11) but only 17.1(android 10) and they worked well. Now I see is supported also on android 11, I think works but I never tried, I'm using Nikgapps and are good.

I never used android auto so I don't know.

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
I recently had problems with the fingerprint reader. However, it turned out to be a hardware problem. I originally thought that the problem was with the fingerprint reader/power button itself. So, I got a new one, and also a back cover, with one already installed in it. That didn't help, but when looking closely, I saw that one of the fingerprint reader pads on the new back cover wasn't marked by installing it. So, using a very small straight bladed screwdriver, I bent out the connector on the motherboard that should be in contact with that pad a tiny bit. This resulted in a good connection, and the fingerprint reader worked again.

As an aside, when working on my phone, I noticed spiderweb cracking of the screen (somewhat hidden by the matt screen protector). So, I replaced the front screen as well. And the phone top speaker. And the earphone plug. So, I now have a phone with a new back cover, a new screen, new phone speaker and new earphone plug. All for about £30.

Best wishes,
Bob

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
Is there a tutorial online how to check the pads of the fingerprint reader?

Not that I know of. I was lucky in that I was using a brand new fingerprint reader, so the pads were unmarked. I just looked at things with a watchmaking loupe (watchmaking is my hobby), and saw that one pad had remained unmarked after putting the back cover on and taking it off again.

One possible strategy would be to use engineer's blue, or some functional equivalent. If you do, make sure to clean thing off afterwards.

Best wishes,
Bob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My gps can't get localized. Only over internet but not over native gps. is there anyone with the same problem?
    Try to read this
    Also in this thread someone talk about this.
    Is not a LOS issue.
    I have issue on GPS also when was running stock firmware.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG G5

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG G5.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    I just checked my phone. I'm using 18.1 self built on 30 March, with no changes to audio. The phone is H850. I've gone from lineage 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18. I've never used stock on it.

1. Playing music or audio books over the speakers sounds fine (given the quality of the speakers). No crackling or distortion.

2. Recording with the Recorder produces an audio file that is on the low side with regard to volume, but no particular distortion.

3. Ditto for recording with Open Camera.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    FM may be fixed soon, IR I'm, really not sure whats up :/
    Thanks for all the hard work devs. Any chance/movement on the IR blaster or FM radio on the h850? Two of the reasons I bought this phone heh.
    If you're phone is misbehaving and you never did Stock updates, I highly recommend doing a full wipe/format and flashing the latest Autoprime's COMPLETE flashable stock packages for your G5 via TWRP (whichever specific model you have)

I've experienced odd issues when using custom ROMs on the G5 that were fixed once doing so. Those full updates made an update to something important to whichever partition (boot, modem, who knows) that later Lineage builds are based off of.