[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG V20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Also, I’ve been working on A12 su

Yea, but still better than nothing. Also I’m working on updating our trees for android 12, so los 19 may be a possibility in the future assuming you plan on continuing to support the v20:))
Unless you can somehow magically port BPF to 3.18, sadly, it won't be official.

Already got LGE 8996 booting 19, but BPF cannot easily be reverted, the existing solutions and the one on the lineage Gerrit result in broken data and net filter, which I refuse to ship, as does the project.

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
thanks @xxseva44 @npjohnson i'll test the app again when new build is out :D

btw i'm still troubleshooting why zoom stutter, it seems to occur more often (my perception) when my mic and camera is on, i mean if i'm just a participant it seems ok. when it stutters both incoming and outgoing are freezed for a few seconds, then become normal again for ~20s, then freeze again....

or maybe it's throttling, really not sure.

Last edited:

BloodyIron

Feb 25, 2017
Oh hey, question, I noticed bedtime mode is missing. Is that an Android 11 thing (it being removed), or...? I rather liked that feature :(

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
ok i just tested (sample size = 1), when phone is not charging, zoom doesn't stutter

will keep on monitoring.

BloodyIron

Feb 25, 2017
Okay so Digital Wellbeing is not possible with MindTheGapps, as it is missing a component that's in OpenGapps, or alternatives. So that's kinda annoying it's not even optional. :(

Why is it that MindTheGapps is the "supported"/recommended/preferred Google Apps package of all the options?

AShiningRay

Sep 1, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
LG V20
Okay so Digital Wellbeing is not possible with MindTheGapps, as it is missing a component that's in OpenGapps, or alternatives. So that's kinda annoying it's not even optional. :(

Why is it that MindTheGapps is the "supported"/recommended/preferred Google Apps package of all the options?
You can actually use OpenGapps without any problems from what i tested a while ago as long as it's not one of the biggest packages. It's just that Lineage themselves don't support the google's Gapps because they bundle some specific apps right into the rom and some of those can conflict or be made redundant with more fully-fledged gapps packages, but their gapps wiki page does recommend OpenGapps Nano if you don't want MindTheGapps for example.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

because OpenGApps breaks regularly. Random bootloops due to bad privapp perms.

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012

hi is this going into next los build? thx!

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012

Hi is there anyway I can diy like using adb?

A.Whit

Jul 11, 2021
Getting messages from carrier that VOLTE required. Looks like the old non volte signals are shutting down.

LOS doomed. End of the road

How to check if your phone supports VoLTE​

There’s a pretty easy way to check if your phone supports VoLTE on your current carrier. Simply install the “Network Mode Universal” app from the Google Play Store, turn on mobile data (and turn off Wi-Fi so you don’t accidentally trigger VoWiFi), and make a phone call to another number. If the “Voice Network Type” line shows “LTE,” then your phone call is being routed over LTE. Congrats, your phone supports VoLTE on your carrier! If you see anything other than LTE, like GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, or just 3G, then your phone does not support VoLTE on the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG V20

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG V20.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    Okay, I just merged a literal TON of changes for LGE 8996, please watch for regressions - display should be much more smooth with less artifacting.

Also, 19.1/20 are in the (long term) works for this set of devices, as the 4.4 kernel port is finally mature enough to use.
    Or don't.

This is a Lineage thread.

Just use it for that. Go elsewhere for other stuff.
    ***Moderator Announcement***

Remember that the developers who make XDA their home are some of our most valuable resources. Treat them with respect. Don't demand support for external projects; developers are not obligated to share or support anything beyond their own prerogative.

Further, remember that you are entitled to absolutely NOTHING. Our developers work for free, and therefore owe you NOTHING.

Lastly, keep posts ON TOPIC. Do not promote anything external to the subject matter of the thread, and do not derail the thread into arguments.

This thread is ONLY for LineageOS 18.1 on the LG V20. If you have questions regarding TWRP, take them to the TWRP thread. Sames goes for SHRP or any other project. The developer has made this clear.
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-h910-h918-us996-h990-vs996-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Yeah, considering h910/h918 are near identical, makes sense that they both suffer.

By your own statement, you're an engineer, and should be able to discern based on the info you gave me that it is _not_ an issue with the "Snap Camera apk", instead that we are using compressed audio path, and clearly it isn't processing right (likely a codec issue like I mentioned several posts ago). We could swap it to unprocessed mic input, but that will be garbled and awful - only using that as a last resort as opposed to actually fixing the compressed audio route.

As for the insults launched - k, stop using lineage then. I literally have not a care in the world whether you use it. I'm doing hard work for free, which, as an engineer, you should understand is often thankless, and your naggy/attacking comments only make me want to never touch the device again :)

I'll be looking at it sometime this week, but for everyone else on this thread who has been kind and supportive lol.
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-h910-h918-us996-h990-vs996-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Maybe you should go back to stock? You do realize we do this for free and on our own time? If there are any issues we try to fix them ASAP but with your comments I doubt @npjohnson is going to want to support the device anymore. If there is any issue I would recommend reporting it in a less-hostile way and it might be a simple fix rather than insulting the primary dev for LOS on the device who may now not want to support the device anymore...