[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG V20

Search This thread

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
As far as 3.18 goes, it's the best kernel for basically every V20 variant out there due to its continued updates, so yeah, i recommend it for basically any V20.
3.18 is EOL so there will be no more (security) updates within LOS anyway, right?

If yes I'll just keep a copy of mk2000 around and reflash the kernel manually after every update.

Thanks.

AShiningRay

Sep 1, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
LG V20
3.18 is EOL so there will be no more (security) updates within LOS anyway, right?

If yes I'll just keep a copy of mk2000 around and reflash the kernel manually after every update.

Thanks.
Not for the kernel side of things, but that doesn't matter as much as the rom's security patch, which can still be updated if the rom is still supported, as was the case with CRDroid 7.21 for the V20 for example. That one has the August Security Patch in its latest 3.18 build.

But CRDroid 7.21 is discontinued since we're focusing on bringing 4.4 alongside Android 12.1 (boots and is pretty stable in the latest closed betas, despite missing some features such as camera) and 13 (not really working yet) for the LGE 8996 trio.

Reactions: nostupidthing

itt533

Nov 12, 2020
chennai
i'm trying to mount samba shares with termux or term, using busybox and it always fails with similar error messages. Does anyone knows whether the default kernel in LOS or swan are built with smb support?

nycone

Jun 20, 2013
Newbie with stock VS995 with Android 8.0.0 (Oreo). My bootloader seems unlocked. Can I root and install latest Lineage with mindthegapps or do I need to go to a specific version first to get to the newest version

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Newbie with stock VS995 with Android 8.0.0 (Oreo). My bootloader seems unlocked. Can I root and install latest Lineage with mindthegapps or do I need to go to a specific version first to get to the newest version
Should probably work fine if your bootloader is unlocked.

But that's the Verizon version so I doubt it just came unlocked?

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
What are you talking about?

Oh do you mean us carriers turning off 3g and force everyone to volte?

Bro the us is not the only country in the world and I wonder how many us ppl still use v20
Oddly enough, canada which is right next to the us still has a lot of 3g infrastructure, us is really the only place i've seen that's forcing volte.

Reactions: nostupidthing

riverstyxxx

May 9, 2015
What are you talking about?
The vs995, Verizon model. It will not work after January. At least in the USA, i dont know about elsewhere. Hell, it barely worked. Most of the time it's stuck on roaming. I followed another guide a few replies up and although it's on aosp from 2018, it works and all the roaming issues are gone.

This is all a moot point, I have a oneplus on the way.

bccrosby

Jul 11, 2017
i am using lineageos 18.1 rom for lg v20 h910, i go to settings to check update lineageos 18.1, after updating i get stuck the lineageos logo and i can't access the main screen, please help me how to fix it

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm facing the issue where OTG doesn't work at all. I'm looking at the kernel defconfigs but it has xhci wnd dwc3 enabled so really not sure what's causing it

pranciskus2

Dec 29, 2015
Hi, could you explain me how did you extract kdz to bin files? I found only some videos how to do it, but the files are without real names, like modem, or system, just with a number increasing ascendingly. On Oreo base I experience rare modem kernel crashes and the phone is turning off very often, like 10 times a day even if set to 1 ghz and cores. So, I want to go back to nougat base. Thanks.

Nov 4, 2022
On 04-01, I updated to TWRP 3.5.1 and did a clean install of this ROM (04-01). I wiped & formatted, after making a copy of my internal storage to a PC. The install went great. I reinstalled my apps and then flashed Magisk 22.0. Everything I tried worked well (BT, GPS, quad DAC).

Today, I updated to TWRP 3.5.2 and Magisk 22.1. Then, I dirty flashed the 04-15 nightly. Magisk patched new boot.img automatically and everything is working well.

Thanks to npjohnson and x86cpu for keeping my travel device up-to-date. :)

But mostly, thanks to aleasto !!! (sorry about originally overlooking you).
:)
Please can you paste your magisk link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No new builds for two weeks is something happening? Thx
    18.1 is now monthly. You'll just get security updates.
    Hi h910 builds are up but H990 build are not is there some problems with it? Thx
    They build on different days of the week.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG V20

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG V20.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...96-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Yeah, considering h910/h918 are near identical, makes sense that they both suffer.

By your own statement, you're an engineer, and should be able to discern based on the info you gave me that it is _not_ an issue with the "Snap Camera apk", instead that we are using compressed audio path, and clearly it isn't processing right (likely a codec issue like I mentioned several posts ago). We could swap it to unprocessed mic input, but that will be garbled and awful - only using that as a last resort as opposed to actually fixing the compressed audio route.

As for the insults launched - k, stop using lineage then. I literally have not a care in the world whether you use it. I'm doing hard work for free, which, as an engineer, you should understand is often thankless, and your naggy/attacking comments only make me want to never touch the device again :)

I'll be looking at it sometime this week, but for everyone else on this thread who has been kind and supportive lol.
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...96-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Maybe you should go back to stock? You do realize we do this for free and on our own time? If there are any issues we try to fix them ASAP but with your comments I doubt @npjohnson is going to want to support the device anymore. If there is any issue I would recommend reporting it in a less-hostile way and it might be a simple fix rather than insulting the primary dev for LOS on the device who may now not want to support the device anymore...
    Moderator Announcement

Thread slightly cleaned!

This is a development site and people contribute work as a fun hobby, NOT A JOB! They don't owe you anything but you owe the developers respect!
    If a ROM does not work for you, what did you do to contribute? Did you clean flash? More important, did you run a log of errors to help the developer? Just remember what you would expect in your profession. Or were you just too lazy to help and prefer to leech and complain?
    This world will only get better if we all learn to give instead of always taking! Please do not comment on rude posts, please report and a moderator will help.
    Thank you all for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    If someone could figure out how to get VoLTE working on LineageOS for this phone then it would solve a lot of problems. This is the fastest battery phone on the market that supports custom ROMs. There is no replacement for it.