[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the LG V20

Search This thread

sqrtus

Feb 9, 2021
Then bcl is the issue
It enables itself on older batteries when reaching a certain threshold of charge, slowing the device down.

this is so you don’t face unexpected shutdowns.

if you want to disable it on boot, import this script to your kernel manager of choice, and allow it to execute on boot.
Explain in more detail what program and how to do it?

Skylined

Sep 28, 2009
Siparia
www.fb.com
LG V20
Greeting everyone,

I am a proud owner of a LG V20 H910
I have been running 20H Stock with mk2000 v2.2 for about a year now...loved it...

I have tried all other roms including LOS in the past...
I always loved the speed of LOS but the Audio was not up to my standards vs. stock

I am now running this LOS18,
Works great on my H910, thank you!

lineage-18.1-20221113-nightly-h910-signed.zip
MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228.zip
H910_v0.7-mk2000.zip
Magisk-v24.3.zip

The HI Imp switch for the DAC works!
Audio is awesome if not better than stock.

Bluetooth works well
Camera works well

Also using Viper4Android 2.7...

Ok, I've been using it for about a week now!
I absolutely love it, battery life is awesome, I never got sooo much up time ever...
Thank you for your work!

I have just two issues so far...
Wi-Fi Analyzer and Classic by farproc doesn't work, no signal

My phone seems to now favor the weakest 2.4 GHz. or the 5 GHz. rather than the closest 2.4.
Only manually disconnecting and reconnecting then it connects to the AP with the strongest signal.

My Wi-Fi setup at home is as follows:
I have three access points with the same SSID on the same network.
2 2.4 GHz. AP with identical settings 20 MHz./Channels 1 and 11 respectively.
1 5 GHz./Channel 44.

Very strange, I searched a lot but found nothing!
Maybe someone can suggest something besides separating my Wi-Fi SSIDS.

Last edited:

yopichoi

Feb 11, 2011
Hi, is LineageOS 18.1 compatible with H990T? I've tried flashing it with TWRP and gives me an E3004 error. Is there any special procedure or modification that has to be done? I read something about editing the updater-script file?

sqrtus

Feb 9, 2021
1) Through TWRP, flash the kernel H990_v0.7-BETA4-mk2000.zip for LOS 18.1 or H990DS_v2.2-mk2000.zip - for Android 8.0.0 stock firmware
2) Install, for example, the software kernel manager, Franco kernel manager or external kernel manager and flash the BCL_disabler.sh file through the internal script manager tool so that it is executed at system startup and starts it for execution by selecting "Run".
3) Go to the CPU and set the small and large core to "Performance" in the CPU governor, save this save profile for autoload.
4) On Android, go to Settings - Accessibility and set the Franco Kernel Manager software to Enabled - required!
5) Attention! after updating the system, updating system applications, GAPP or installing new programs, or uninstalling software (any change in the composition) transfer to what may be necessary after each installation / removal, reflash the H990_v0.7-BETA4-mk2000.zip or H990DS_v2 kernels. 2-mk2000.zip via TWRP, because. the camera, especially in OpenCamera, starts to freeze. In the graphics driver for the application (in particular, for OpenCamera), set "System graphics driver" instead of "Default". Turn off OpenCamera software from power saving.
6) Attention! It was found through the SystemPanel 2 software that when the OpenCamera software was running, the Gallery, Photo and ES Explorer software was launched immediately after 5 seconds and the reader overused the processor from 30 to 75% (!!!), as a result of which the core frequency immediately dropped. Requires stopping these applications (stopping, using it in the background and transferring data in the background).
7) Through the Autorun Manager software, common unnecessary processes that strain the system.
8) Through the software SystemPanel 2, AIDA64, FKM, check that the core frequency is at the kernel level, and the total processor load does not exceed 15-20% for all cores and for all applications and that the performance regulator profile is installed and that Android through special features picked up (should be enabled) FKM work with moods above the settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-11-32.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-11-32.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2022-12-13-16-38-38.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-13-16-38-38.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 10
  • H990_v0.7-BETA4-mk2000 (#1345456).zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 2
  • H990DS_v2.2-mk2000 (#1345498).zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-00-04.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-00-04.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-03-21.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-03-21.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-04-18.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-04-18.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-11-25.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-13-15-11-25.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 11
  • BCL Disabler.sh
    81 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:

stormlight

Oct 27, 2019
Does anyone know any kernel mod or apk that will allow you to charge from PC when plugged in? This option was added in the LG hidden menu-> charge mode. I believe this is a hardware configuration.

stormlight

Oct 27, 2019
Device should charge when plugged into pc usb port. Is yours not?
No, it is not charging. It shows charging but it is not charging: just power the phone only. No issue with file transfer. I have two lg v20 H918/Tmobile. Both behave the same way. I have tried 10+ cables, same thing. It is not the cable, it is the type of charger it seems. It does behave the same with stock firmware until you go into hidden menu and enable the charge mode. At the moment, I have them charged through my Nintendo switch docking station lol. I also have an old bluethooth headphone charger with micro-usb with USB-C adapter and LG V20 is willing to take the charge. This put me with limited charging option if I stick with LineageOS.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Or don't.

This is a Lineage thread.

Just use it for that. Go elsewhere for other stuff.
    ***Moderator Announcement***

Remember that the developers who make XDA their home are some of our most valuable resources. Treat them with respect. Don't demand support for external projects; developers are not obligated to share or support anything beyond their own prerogative.

Further, remember that you are entitled to absolutely NOTHING. Our developers work for free, and therefore owe you NOTHING.

Lastly, keep posts ON TOPIC. Do not promote anything external to the subject matter of the thread, and do not derail the thread into arguments.

This thread is ONLY for LineageOS 18.1 on the LG V20. If you have questions regarding TWRP, take them to the TWRP thread. Sames goes for SHRP or any other project. The developer has made this clear.
    read #1029.

then it's the answer.

TWRP recovery is better...
    Cool - but no one listens to what I'm saying:

I support Lineage Recovery - that is it. If you use TWRP and have issues - don't expect support.

TWRP has been changing so much between rebases that I don't even know what TWRP for this device acts like anymore.
    #1037 and #1039.

mirror in the wall.

post another recovery in this thread.
    Or don't.

lineage-os-logo.png

LG V20

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG V20.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    Or don't.

***Moderator Announcement***

Remember that the developers who make XDA their home are some of our most valuable resources. Treat them with respect. Don't demand support for external projects; developers are not obligated to share or support anything beyond their own prerogative.

Further, remember that you are entitled to absolutely NOTHING. Our developers work for free, and therefore owe you NOTHING.

Lastly, keep posts ON TOPIC. Do not promote anything external to the subject matter of the thread, and do not derail the thread into arguments.

This thread is ONLY for LineageOS 18.1 on the LG V20. If you have questions regarding TWRP, take them to the TWRP thread. Sames goes for SHRP or any other project. The developer has made this clear.
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...96-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Yeah, considering h910/h918 are near identical, makes sense that they both suffer.

By your own statement, you're an engineer, and should be able to discern based on the info you gave me that it is _not_ an issue with the "Snap Camera apk", instead that we are using compressed audio path, and clearly it isn't processing right (likely a codec issue like I mentioned several posts ago). We could swap it to unprocessed mic input, but that will be garbled and awful - only using that as a last resort as opposed to actually fixing the compressed audio route.

As for the insults launched - k, stop using lineage then. I literally have not a care in the world whether you use it. I'm doing hard work for free, which, as an engineer, you should understand is often thankless, and your naggy/attacking comments only make me want to never touch the device again :)

I'll be looking at it sometime this week, but for everyone else on this thread who has been kind and supportive lol.
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...96-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Maybe you should go back to stock? You do realize we do this for free and on our own time? If there are any issues we try to fix them ASAP but with your comments I doubt @npjohnson is going to want to support the device anymore. If there is any issue I would recommend reporting it in a less-hostile way and it might be a simple fix rather than insulting the primary dev for LOS on the device who may now not want to support the device anymore...
    Moderator Announcement

Thread slightly cleaned!

This is a development site and people contribute work as a fun hobby, NOT A JOB! They don't owe you anything but you owe the developers respect!
    If a ROM does not work for you, what did you do to contribute? Did you clean flash? More important, did you run a log of errors to help the developer? Just remember what you would expect in your profession. Or were you just too lazy to help and prefer to leech and complain?
    This world will only get better if we all learn to give instead of always taking! Please do not comment on rude posts, please report and a moderator will help.
    Thank you all for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator