Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
thx!

1. right now h910-10r modem seems to be okish for my wifi only use. not perfect but not too bad...
2. gpu driver await dev to fix thx
3. twrp seems i'm not the only one... https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_lge_h990/issues
Modem doesn't do much for wifi. Wifi blobs are what's causing the issues, makes sense seeing as their old, really old. As for the gpu driver, it's old, but still fine. You can flash a newer driver if you'd like from the adreno team. For twrp decrypt, send a log here.

Last edited:

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
Now that is weird, chances are slim but i guess possible.
SORRY and SORRY to devs and @npjohnson ! It turns out it's probably the seller who modded the phones before selling and put in same MAC. I finally fixed it by following this guide

So it's TOTALLY unrelated to LOS. 😅😅😅

Last outstanding issues for me.
1. graphic driver https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/4336
2. twrp decrypt https://github.com/Phoenix591/android_device_lge_h990/issues/1

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
I just read @npjohnson explanation in the TWRP thread about decryption. Maybe I just switch to Lineage OS recovery instead.
:D

as long as system update can work it should be fine, backup is preferable but not 101% necessary

so now still trying to figure out the gpu driver

Reactions: npjohnson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG V20

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the LG V20.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    Okay, I just merged a literal TON of changes for LGE 8996, please watch for regressions - display should be much more smooth with less artifacting.

Also, 19.1/20 are in the (long term) works for this set of devices, as the 4.4 kernel port is finally mature enough to use.
    Or don't.

This is a Lineage thread.

Just use it for that. Go elsewhere for other stuff.
    ***Moderator Announcement***

Remember that the developers who make XDA their home are some of our most valuable resources. Treat them with respect. Don't demand support for external projects; developers are not obligated to share or support anything beyond their own prerogative.

Further, remember that you are entitled to absolutely NOTHING. Our developers work for free, and therefore owe you NOTHING.

Lastly, keep posts ON TOPIC. Do not promote anything external to the subject matter of the thread, and do not derail the thread into arguments.

This thread is ONLY for LineageOS 18.1 on the LG V20. If you have questions regarding TWRP, take them to the TWRP thread. Sames goes for SHRP or any other project. The developer has made this clear.
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-h910-h918-us996-h990-vs996-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Yeah, considering h910/h918 are near identical, makes sense that they both suffer.

By your own statement, you're an engineer, and should be able to discern based on the info you gave me that it is _not_ an issue with the "Snap Camera apk", instead that we are using compressed audio path, and clearly it isn't processing right (likely a codec issue like I mentioned several posts ago). We could swap it to unprocessed mic input, but that will be garbled and awful - only using that as a last resort as opposed to actually fixing the compressed audio route.

As for the insults launched - k, stop using lineage then. I literally have not a care in the world whether you use it. I'm doing hard work for free, which, as an engineer, you should understand is often thankless, and your naggy/attacking comments only make me want to never touch the device again :)

I'll be looking at it sometime this week, but for everyone else on this thread who has been kind and supportive lol.
    On my LG v20 H910 with LOS 18.1 lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-h910-signed.zip
    (nothing else installed, no gapps, no mods, no root, etc...) the "LOS SNAP CAMERA" VIDEO record sound volume is almost 0%

SAME ISSUE ON Lg v20 H918 !!!!!!! I have that phone also.

After days of research and playing with mixer_paths_tasha.xml settings I gave up..... PROBLEM VERIFIED: its a LOS snap camera apk issue.

Then I installed ROM [android 11] UNOFFICIAL SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-h910-h918-us996-h990-vs996-11-unofficial-superioros-xcalibur.4248255/

COMING FROM LINEAGE/RR:

1. Boot into twrp
    2. Do a regular wipe (not format)
    3. Flash Superior zip
    4. Flash magisk (optional but recommended)
    5. Wipe dalvik
    6. Reboot

CAMERA VIEDO WORKS PERFECT !!!!
    PERFECT SOUND !!!

To LOS maintainers: Fix the LOS SNAP CAMERA apk or quit screwing around with programming android ROMs. Simple as that. I am a MSEE engineering manager and if I cant do my job right I don't do it at all.

The LOS snap camera has been broken for a very long time (years) and many people have had to use GCAM or Open Camera and all these people including myself are sick that LOS maintainers can't fix a simple but very important apk in LOS (CAMERA video sound issue). This is well documented all over LOS wiki and github etc.....

"Hi @npjohnson
    Open Camera (and BSG GCam 8.1) uses unprocessed-mic by default to get audio while recording video."

I am done with LOS until this is fixed. YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME
    Maybe you should go back to stock? You do realize we do this for free and on our own time? If there are any issues we try to fix them ASAP but with your comments I doubt @npjohnson is going to want to support the device anymore. If there is any issue I would recommend reporting it in a less-hostile way and it might be a simple fix rather than insulting the primary dev for LOS on the device who may now not want to support the device anymore...