Search This thread
lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7 Plus

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
  • None.
  • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
Notes:
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998

Last edited:

MisterDM

Mar 6, 2017
Thank you very much! Installed it yesterday in combination with MindTheGapps and working great.

Only thing that I'm missing is the 'focus mode' which is part of 'digital wellbeing'. Could you tell me how I can get it? Couldn't find it in the Play store. I did install a separate APK but that doesn't make a difference. If I'm not mistaken, it is supposed to add an entry to the Settings section.

papperlapapp

Nov 23, 2013
Has anyone done an upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1? Any issues when upgrading?

Why does the upgrade require sideloading, why cant it be done OTA?

The G7plus has a new maintainer with 18.1? Jleeblanch no longer?

yasen6275

May 6, 2020
Has anyone done an upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1? Any issues when upgrading?

Why does the upgrade require sideloading, why cant it be done OTA?

The G7plus has a new maintainer with 18.1? Jleeblanch no longer?
I did that. No issues for the moment. But I'm not using GAPs.

Can't be sure why sideload is mandatory for major version upgrade, but I suspect it might be due to kernel change or some other major component that is incompatible with old system.

jf.navica

Nov 1, 2015
Upgraded using adb sideload, everything working fine, except for Wi-Fi that won't connect. Got this in the logs, any ideas?

4-04 11:04:21.368 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=USER type=COUNTRY alpha2=CA
04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID 'Guest'
04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to select authenticated key management type
04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to set WPA key management and encryption suites

UPDATE: my router was offering WPA2 and WPA3. I disabled WPA3 and phone is able to connect.
UPDATE #2: Problem is fixed with April 6th release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramanoid
Still no long press functionality on back button. :(
Flash a rom that does...and copy the overlay pertaining to the function you need from /system/product/overlay/ directory to external card flash next rom then use twrp file manager to place the overlay in the same directory then set permissions 755 in twrp.... Boot run su terminal #cmd overlay list this will list all overlays on phone with stars next to what's currently used... Then to enable/disable type from su terminal #cmd overlay enable nameofoverlay.apk
Use disable instead of enable for disabling... Sometimes a reboot is needed to apply.....that's low level intro easy just follow the steps and as always back up first...this will modify system...if you don't want it permanent create a magisk module to inject the overlay systemlessly....

Reactions: faheyd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey dudes how much memory is free in this rom? RAM / STORAGE
    haven't done clear install, so I can't give u precise numbers, but haven't seen big difference in both after upgrade from 17
    But the diference from stock to Lineage? How much?
    Didn't notice any difference. Check stock yourself if possible, on lineageos 18.1 it is 2.1 from 3.9 GB on average.
    Hope that this helps
    Dude, this thread is for Moto G7 (Lake). Not OPO.
    Yeah i know, i just tried to use the method described on his post, but my phone is G7 plus Lake too.

AND: i just reinstalled everything and now it is ok.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7 Plus

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
    I think I found a problem but not sure if it is build problem or A11.
    There us no option to kill app with long press of back button.
    We removed that feature for a number of development based reasons, sorry.
    Does this reasons apply to mere mortals? ;)

Let's hope no, because I find it quite useful.
    Upgraded using adb sideload, everything working fine, except for Wi-Fi that won't connect. Got this in the logs, any ideas?

4-04 11:04:21.368 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=USER type=COUNTRY alpha2=CA
    04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID 'Guest'
    04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to select authenticated key management type
    04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to set WPA key management and encryption suites

UPDATE: my router was offering WPA2 and WPA3. I disabled WPA3 and phone is able to connect.
    UPDATE #2: Problem is fixed with April 6th release.
    Still no long press functionality on back button. :(
    Flash a rom that does...and copy the overlay pertaining to the function you need from /system/product/overlay/ directory to external card flash next rom then use twrp file manager to place the overlay in the same directory then set permissions 755 in twrp.... Boot run su terminal #cmd overlay list this will list all overlays on phone with stars next to what's currently used... Then to enable/disable type from su terminal #cmd overlay enable nameofoverlay.apk
    Use disable instead of enable for disabling... Sometimes a reboot is needed to apply.....that's low level intro easy just follow the steps and as always back up first...this will modify system...if you don't want it permanent create a magisk module to inject the overlay systemlessly....
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone