[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto G7 Plus

Search This thread
I have to change my launcher to restore functionality that was integrated in the OS previous version, right?

Doesn't seem right to me.
I was just giving you the suggestion you know they took it out probably because they had the reasons but I'm just giving you an easy way to fix it which it's the launcher from havok custom ROM and you can get it in a magisk module and all I got to do is flash it boom you're good then you ain't got to worry about it and I'm not saying this about you but most people on the lineage thread or pansies and don't want to do anything about anything you got to learn somehow they just want somebody to fix their stuff for them open source non-paying jobs is what these developers have plus they have families and take care of stuff and I just do this as a hobby and it envelops most of my day so what you want to jump down the rabbit hole grab you a Linux distro and start cracking

yasen6275

May 6, 2020
Flash a rom that does...and copy the overlay pertaining to the function you need from /system/product/overlay/ directory to external card flash next rom then use twrp file manager to place the overlay in the same directory then set permissions 755 in twrp.... Boot run su terminal #cmd overlay list this will list all overlays on phone with stars next to what's currently used... Then to enable/disable type from su terminal #cmd overlay enable nameofoverlay.apk
Use disable instead of enable for disabling... Sometimes a reboot is needed to apply.....that's low level intro easy just follow the steps and as always back up first...this will modify system...if you don't want it permanent create a magisk module to inject the overlay systemlessly....
If I need to do something so complicated to restore something that was part of the ROM in Los 16, I might better learn myself to build my own ROM.

I though that tag [OFFICIAL] is connected to some standards about not breaking functionality. Starting to reconsider that believe.

yasen6275

May 6, 2020
I was just giving you the suggestion you know they took it out probably because they had the reasons but I'm just giving you an easy way to fix it which it's the launcher from havok custom ROM and you can get it in a magisk module and all I got to do is flash it boom you're good then you ain't got to worry about it and I'm not saying this about you but most people on the lineage thread or pansies and don't want to do anything about anything you got to learn somehow they just want somebody to fix their stuff for them open source non-paying jobs is what these developers have plus they have families and take care of stuff and I just do this as a hobby and it envelops most of my day so what you want to jump down the rabbit hole grab you a Linux distro and start cracking
Thanks for the attempt to help me. I highly apriciate it. Story if my frustration seemed aimed at you. It was not.

I'm using Linux for more than 10 years, so I'm not afraid of rabbit holes. What I'm afraid of is that I get myself in yet another Foss project plagued die"developers have families and take care of stuff " mentality. From my experience with that mentality, projects either get over it or die. Especially when we talk about removing functionality. Obviously I was wring about that Los is old enough to get over it.

yasen6275

May 6, 2020
V
Is the vibration working in your case?
As was your initial question , my case is without vibration anywhere but on keyboard. Now when you are more "precise", I have tried vibration on calls(working) and notifications(not working). Anything I'm missing?

PS for completion I tried to turn off vibration on typing. That works.

Last edited:
Reactions: maciocho

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Upgraded using adb sideload, everything working fine, except for Wi-Fi that won't connect. Got this in the logs, any ideas?

4-04 11:04:21.368 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=USER type=COUNTRY alpha2=CA
    04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID 'Guest'
    04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to select authenticated key management type
    04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to set WPA key management and encryption suites

UPDATE: my router was offering WPA2 and WPA3. I disabled WPA3 and phone is able to connect.
    UPDATE #2: Problem is fixed with April 6th release.
    Fixed. Update to newer build.

blarrgh1

Jun 25, 2020
    upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 by following the guide and the only issue i'm having it is whever i try to use camera I get an error 'open camera eorror id =0'

kyke23

• Oct 28, 2014
    Hi guys, two days ago I installed LOS 18.1 lake signed in my Moto G7 Plus, I installed MindTheGapps 11.0.0 arm64 and installed Magisk v22.0 and everything seemmed to be ok, but when I tried to use mi assurance app, it showed a message that say mi phone was modify and cannot use the app.

I checked in Magisk the safetyNet and showed the message Safety check failed. In playstore says that my device is not certified. I saw this post and did everithing and also I saw that the magisk was updated in their canry versión thta fixed that error of safetyNet because a key or something. So I installed the canary version of magisk and now in magisk got the message:

Attestation failed!
    basicIntegrity ok
    ctsProfile -
    evalType BASIC

In Playstore the Playprotect: Device is not certified (Disable trust, cleared cache, and storage, reboot)
    I have Magisk hide but i don't know hich apps to hide from magisk :(
    I download an app called SafetyNet 'attest' and when I run the safetynet test says:

SafetyNet response:
    CTS profile match: false
    Basic Integrity: true
    Advice: None available.

How can I get the Playstre certified and the SafetyTest run ok so I can use mi assurance and my bank app?

Moto G7 Plus
    lineage-18.1-20210413-nightly-lake-signed (yesterdat updated via OTA to 18.1-20210420-NIGHTLY-lake)
    MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247
    Magisk Canary fb8000b5 (22104 updated today)

Did I do something wrong during installation or setup?

Thank you in advance!!

maciocho

Oct 15, 2013
    Wrocław
    Hi guys, two days ago I installed LOS 18.1 lake signed in my Moto G7 Plus, I installed MindTheGapps 11.0.0 arm64 and installed Magisk v22.0 and everything seemmed to be ok, but when I tried to use mi assurance app, it showed a message that say mi phone was modify and cannot use the app.

I checked in Magisk the safetyNet and showed the message Safety check failed. In playstore says that my device is not certified. I saw this post and did everithing and also I saw that the magisk was updated in their canry versión thta fixed that error of safetyNet because a key or something. So I installed the canary version of magisk and now in magisk got the message:

Attestation failed!
    basicIntegrity ok
    ctsProfile -
    evalType BASIC

In Playstore the Playprotect: Device is not certified (Disable trust, cleared cache, and storage, reboot)
    I have Magisk hide but i don't know hich apps to hide from magisk :(
    I download an app called SafetyNet 'attest' and when I run the safetynet test says:

SafetyNet response:
    CTS profile match: false
    Basic Integrity: true
    Advice: None available.

How can I get the Playstre certified and the SafetyTest run ok so I can use mi assurance and my bank app?

Moto G7 Plus
    lineage-18.1-20210413-nightly-lake-signed (yesterdat updated via OTA to 18.1-20210420-NIGHTLY-lake)
    MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247
    Magisk Canary fb8000b5 (22104 updated today)

Did I do something wrong during installation or setup?

Thank you in advance!!
    Have you tried Magisk hide that app?

maciocho

Oct 15, 2013
    Wrocław
    Me, but I don't consider that weird.
    Well, can't help you with that but certainly it should not be that stubborn to go to 0% when it's not completely or let's say "very" dark. Other thing is that it is supposed to learn your preferences and was perfectly fine in previous LOS versions.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hey dudes how much memory is free in this rom? RAM / STORAGE
      haven't done clear install, so I can't give u precise numbers, but haven't seen big difference in both after upgrade from 17
      But the diference from stock to Lineage? How much?
      Didn't notice any difference. Check stock yourself if possible, on lineageos 18.1 it is 2.1 from 3.9 GB on average.
      Hope that this helps
      Dude, this thread is for Moto G7 (Lake). Not OPO.
      Yeah i know, i just tried to use the method described on his post, but my phone is G7 plus Lake too.

AND: i just reinstalled everything and now it is ok.
      Hi guys,
      anyone knows if it's possible to change the default camera app? As you probably discovered, on Android 11 is not possible to set a different default application for camera. For example, if you want to take a picture from an app like sports tracker you must use motorola app. Any possibility to change the original app, setting open camera or another?
      Could it be possible to substitute the original app before compiling the rom?
      In 18.1, you can change the default camera app just fine. If you install one, and double click power button, it will ask you which camera app to use, and if it should be default.
      lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7 Plus

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus.

Downloads:
      Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
      If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
      • None.
      • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
      Notes:
      • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
      I think I found a problem but not sure if it is build problem or A11.
      There us no option to kill app with long press of back button.
      We removed that feature for a number of development based reasons, sorry.
      Does this reasons apply to mere mortals? ;)

Let's hope no, because I find it quite useful.
      Upgraded using adb sideload, everything working fine, except for Wi-Fi that won't connect. Got this in the logs, any ideas?

4-04 11:04:21.368 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=USER type=COUNTRY alpha2=CA
      04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID 'Guest'
      04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to select authenticated key management type
      04-04 11:04:23.606 19578 19578 W wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Failed to set WPA key management and encryption suites

UPDATE: my router was offering WPA2 and WPA3. I disabled WPA3 and phone is able to connect.
      UPDATE #2: Problem is fixed with April 6th release.
      Still no long press functionality on back button. :(
      Flash a rom that does...and copy the overlay pertaining to the function you need from /system/product/overlay/ directory to external card flash next rom then use twrp file manager to place the overlay in the same directory then set permissions 755 in twrp.... Boot run su terminal #cmd overlay list this will list all overlays on phone with stars next to what's currently used... Then to enable/disable type from su terminal #cmd overlay enable nameofoverlay.apk
      Use disable instead of enable for disabling... Sometimes a reboot is needed to apply.....that's low level intro easy just follow the steps and as always back up first...this will modify system...if you don't want it permanent create a magisk module to inject the overlay systemlessly....
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone