[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto G7 Plus

Search This thread

orckine

Apr 22, 2021
Hey people, i can't use GPS on this build, i'm coming from stock rom.
So i tried the fix i found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/iacb1z But i checked not to have a gps.conf on my system/etc, but then i recalled i saw someone saying that the vendor/etc has one, so i copied it to the system/etc with the XTRA servers uncommented. but it didn't work yet. anyone knows how to fix it?

sapo_joe

Oct 4, 2016
Hey people, i can't use GPS on this build, i'm coming from stock rom.
So i tried the fix i found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/iacb1z But i checked not to have a gps.conf on my system/etc, but then i recalled i saw someone saying that the vendor/etc has one, so i copied it to the system/etc with the XTRA servers uncommented. but it didn't work yet. anyone knows how to fix it?
Dude, this thread is for Moto G7 (Lake). Not OPO.

Oct 21, 2019
I just flashed LOS 18.1 onto my G7+ and used the Gapps pico beta build. It went smoothly. I was surprised to find the stock Email app is missing. Was this removed from LOS 18 or something? If so, what's a good choice from the play store (free, open source, no ads, not buggy)?

Oct 21, 2019
In my last five years of using lineage you are the first person. That I have ever met that likes the email....I use web browser and Microsoft outlook in incognito tab....that's what I'm used to but if I was going to use a native app for email I would K9 Mail its Foss
Well just because I use it, doesn't mean I like it :p . Seriously though, I've tried K9 before on my nexus 5 and had problems. I guess I can try it again. Still wonder what happened to the stock email app though...

maciocho

Oct 15, 2013
Wrocław
Well just because I use it, doesn't mean I like it :p . Seriously though, I've tried K9 before on my nexus 5 and had problems. I guess I can try it again. Still wonder what happened to the stock email app though...
It was removed from further development starting from 18.1
I'm with you, it doesn't make sense to remove this app as it makes other, like calendar, useless

Oct 21, 2019
It was removed from further development starting from 18.1
I'm with you, it doesn't make sense to remove this app as it makes other, like calendar, useless
Thanks for clarifying that. I guess email isn't the first class citizen it once was. They really butchered the stock camera in this release too. When you go to start/stop video recording, the sound it plays is picked up in the recording. What an obvious bug.

Oct 21, 2019
This is what I bought: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GL2HKLT . It claims to be an xt1965-t . I only had problems with getting fastboot to work on windows. The official drivers for windows did not work. But I had no problems doing it all through linux. There is some question about whether it works over usb3. I did it via usb2, because it's an older linux machine. The phone comes only with a type C to type C cable. So if that part is true, you will want to make sure you have an older type C to type A cable. It may just be a red herring though. For me a Linux PC was the key.

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
OpenGApps has no official releases for Android 11 yet - they're all beta and various states of broken - just use MTG tbh.
Huh? That's a strange assessment given that I have been using the Opengapps pico test version with Sakura Android 11 for over 2 months without any issues whatsoever. Haven't seen anything broken about it at all. On the other hand, I tried Mind the Gapps which kept my phone in a boot loop after flashing and Nik Gapps which was trash becuase apps kept closing and made it impossible to use my phone.

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Huh? That's a strange assessment given that I have been using the Opengapps pico test version with Sakura Android 11 for over 2 months without any issues whatsoever. Haven't seen anything broken about it at all. On the other hand, I tried Mind the Gapps which kept my phone in a boot loop after flashing and Nik Gapps which was trash becuase apps kept closing and made it impossible to use my phone.
    Well, flashing MTG over Nik was your issue there - they work fine on their own.

As for OpenGApps, their issues lie in sound trigger, privapp permissions, and the fact that they just stuff everything into /system ignoring product and system_ext partitions. Glad its working fine for you but I don't recommend it right now.

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
    Springfield
    Well, flashing MTG over Nik was your issue there - they work fine on their own.

As for OpenGApps, their issues lie in sound trigger, privapp permissions, and the fact that they just stuff everything into /system ignoring product and system_ext partitions. Glad its working fine for you but I don't recommend it right now.
    I didn't flash one over the other. In all 3 cases (MTG, Nik and Opengapps) I started from scratch with a clean install of everything ROM included. Been doing this a long time. I know better than to flash anything dirty. Additionally, I have yet to see any gapps that doen't have shortcomings of one sort or another. And uninstalling both system and user apps is pretty simple these days so you don't have to settle for anything.

fankool

Hi guys,
    anyone knows if it's possible to change the default camera app? As you probably discovered, on Android 11 is not possible to set a different default application for camera. For example, if you want to take a picture from an app like sports tracker you must use motorola app. Any possibility to change the original app, setting open camera or another?
    Could it be possible to substitute the original app before compiling the rom?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Hi guys,
    anyone knows if it's possible to change the default camera app? As you probably discovered, on Android 11 is not possible to set a different default application for camera. For example, if you want to take a picture from an app like sports tracker you must use motorola app. Any possibility to change the original app, setting open camera or another?
    Could it be possible to substitute the original app before compiling the rom?
    In 18.1, you can change the default camera app just fine. If you install one, and double click power button, it will ask you which camera app to use, and if it should be default.

Reactions: Ultramanoid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      No, i ment ear-speaker.
      I like this ROM, but i have discovered these issues:
      1.Low speaker volume during calls (not loudspeaker)
      2.Only working bottom loudspeaker in "handsfree" calls
      3.Lower camera quality - blurred photos when using stock camera app. Open Camera takes sharper photos but best photos was taken with stock ROM.
      4.Issue with google Duo - when somebody try to call me, i receive only missed notification (maybe Googles issue)
      For the camera quality, I used this:

PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk
      Online Updates: 18.1 XT1965-2
      Always reverts to Lineageos Recovery. Necessary to reinstall Twrp and Magisk. Any way around this ??
      Nope, Lineage Recovery should be used on this device. Magisk will persist if you use the Updater app.
      Try switching off "update recovery" in the updater options.
      Can't do that here, we're A/B. It will tell you you can't do that if you try.
      Hi,
      For many builds now my phone doesn't recognize the sim card after a reboot or an update- tray needs to be pulled out on each occasion. I've tried everything so far... Anyone else?

@npjohnson

I've seen this reported for moto g7 play and power, fixed two or one build back... Is this something that you can look at for the next update please?
      Or maybe you can advise on a possible update of non-hlos.bin or such I should perform myself? Thanks in advance!
      Nope, issue doesn't exist for us, that was a typo on 632-common, we use 660-common, my TMO SIM is still fine.
      Seems to be some kind of magic tool! I checked status-tab and it quickly found my position, even on the map. Then I switched to navi-app, and it works! Thanks...

PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk
      Thank you! This camera app takes awesome photos! :cool:
      Can anyone elaborate on this Updater app/ A/B /Recovery/Magisk etc please
      What do you need to know?

Updater app persists addons that have an "addon.d script", recovery doesn't on A/B devices because it can't.
      lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7 Plus

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus.

Downloads:
      Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
      If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
      • None.
      • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
      Notes:
      • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
      I think I found a problem but not sure if it is build problem or A11.
      There us no option to kill app with long press of back button.
      We removed that feature for a number of development based reasons, sorry.
      Online Updates: 18.1 XT1965-2
      Always reverts to Lineageos Recovery. Necessary to reinstall Twrp and Magisk. Any way around this ??
      Nope, Lineage Recovery should be used on this device. Magisk will persist if you use the Updater app.
      Try switching off "update recovery" in the updater options.
      Can't do that here, we're A/B. It will tell you you can't do that if you try.
      Hi,
      For many builds now my phone doesn't recognize the sim card after a reboot or an update- tray needs to be pulled out on each occasion. I've tried everything so far... Anyone else?

@npjohnson

I've seen this reported for moto g7 play and power, fixed two or one build back... Is this something that you can look at for the next update please?
      Or maybe you can advise on a possible update of non-hlos.bin or such I should perform myself? Thanks in advance!
      Nope, issue doesn't exist for us, that was a typo on 632-common, we use 660-common, my TMO SIM is still fine.
      Still no long press functionality on back button. :(
      Flash a rom that does...and copy the overlay pertaining to the function you need from /system/product/overlay/ directory to external card flash next rom then use twrp file manager to place the overlay in the same directory then set permissions 755 in twrp.... Boot run su terminal #cmd overlay list this will list all overlays on phone with stars next to what's currently used... Then to enable/disable type from su terminal #cmd overlay enable nameofoverlay.apk
      Use disable instead of enable for disabling... Sometimes a reboot is needed to apply.....that's low level intro easy just follow the steps and as always back up first...this will modify system...if you don't want it permanent create a magisk module to inject the overlay systemlessly....
      No, i ment ear-speaker.
      I like this ROM, but i have discovered these issues:
      1.Low speaker volume during calls (not loudspeaker)
      2.Only working bottom loudspeaker in "handsfree" calls
      3.Lower camera quality - blurred photos when using stock camera app. Open Camera takes sharper photos but best photos was taken with stock ROM.
      4.Issue with google Duo - when somebody try to call me, i receive only missed notification (maybe Googles issue)

PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone