• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto X 2014

Search This thread

Stk14

Apr 15, 2021
1. Netflix should be fixed next build, update and let me know
2. Looking into it
3. Not sure, seems fine to me
Hello, sorry for the late answer but I wanted to wait in case you needed more time.

1. Netflix is still not working. Still stuck on the boot logo (Netflix) and after awhile it says "Device failure occured. Please restart your device and try again (501.109)."

2. Chrome still freezes. It works fine for maybe 30 seconds/ 1 min before freezing.

3. I think you can forget about the network problem. Seems like a carrier related bug.

Really sorry if I seem to only post bugs, and again for the very late reply.

Maybe these are problems that only occur on my device ? If so, let me know and I'll just live without Netflix and Chrome.

Thank you very much for your kindness ^^

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
Hello, sorry for the late answer but I wanted to wait in case you needed more time.

1. Netflix is still not working. Still stuck on the boot logo (Netflix) and after awhile it says "Device failure occured. Please restart your device and try again (501.109)."

2. Chrome still freezes. It works fine for maybe 30 seconds/ 1 min before freezing.

3. I think you can forget about the network problem. Seems like a carrier related bug.

Maybe these are problems that only occur on my device ? If so, let me know and I'll just live without Netflix and Chrome.

I had no issues with Netflix, but chrome seem a bit borked... I'll take a look at it

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

netflix works for me - maybe you need to wipe data to have it take effect? We did swap DRM blobs.

Chrome, I can't recreate, so weird.

Stk14

Apr 15, 2021
Hello! Thanks for your replies.

As for Netflix, I cleared the data and rebooted my phone. When I relaunched the app it said "Sorry We Cannot Reach The Netflix Service (-9)"

After deleting the data (without rebooting the phone) I got the previous error : "Device failure occured. Please restart your device and try again (501.109)"

So I guess it was an internet connection problem all along... What's weird is that I never had these problems on Lineage 17. When I do speed tests, it's pretty much as before (at the beginning, just after upgrading to 18.1 though, it was a bit slow).

Maybe our internet connection just isn't up to Android 11 standards...

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hello! Thanks for your replies.

As for Netflix, I cleared the data and rebooted my phone. When I relaunched the app it said "Sorry We Cannot Reach The Netflix Service (-9)"

After deleting the data (without rebooting the phone) I got the previous error : "Device failure occured. Please restart your device and try again (501.109)"

So I guess it was an internet connection problem all along... What's weird is that I never had these problems on Lineage 17. When I do speed tests, it's pretty much as before (at the beginning, just after upgrading to 18.1 though, it was a bit slow).

Maybe our internet connection just isn't up to Android 11 standards...
That almost sounds VPN/DNS related, any mods there?

Leandro031

Jul 7, 2021
I still can't get the app to work. unfortunately the application crashes on startup. app: ifood and ifood para entregadores. I am on latest build

yuhrim

Dec 29, 2015
Hi. I have a problem triggering the camera with a gesture. Everything works well when unlocking the screen. But when I start the camera from the off state, then the application crashes. Pin not set.

Attachments

• logcat_08-07-2021_17-57-18.txt
    417.9 KB · Views: 5
Oct 13, 2014
Utrecht
Hi all,

First of all I'd like to thank everyone that have worked on this ROM for this device. My main phone died so I dug up my XT1092 and was super surprised to see I could have Android 11 on it with this ROM! Just amazing. Runs fine, just am encountering some minor issues that I'd like to post here, perhaps they can be fixed.

1. I can't grant Google play services permission to SMS. I find the setting, set it to Allow, but then it just doesn't get set to allow. Tried many many times, rebooted, didn't work. For example to restore a backup of Signal chats this permission is required (found a workaround too for those interested).

2. Chromium based browsers freeze after a minute or so. Tried Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi. All exactly the same. Firefox does not have this issue.

3. Netflix and Disney+ don't work. Disney+ just stays black for me, no splash screen or log in screen whatsoever. Netflix shows the Netflix logo on black background. After waiting long enough it errors with attached error message.

Happy to provide logs or test things out if that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-195359_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210819-195359_Trebuchet.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 10

juanchotazo99

May 9, 2013
Hi all,

First of all I'd like to thank everyone that have worked on this ROM for this device. My main phone died so I dug up my XT1092 and was super surprised to see I could have Android 11 on it with this ROM! Just amazing. Runs fine, just am encountering some minor issues that I'd like to post here, perhaps they can be fixed.

1. I can't grant Google play services permission to SMS. I find the setting, set it to Allow, but then it just doesn't get set to allow. Tried many many times, rebooted, didn't work. For example to restore a backup of Signal chats this permission is required (found a workaround too for those interested).

2. Chromium based browsers freeze after a minute or so. Tried Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi. All exactly the same. Firefox does not have this issue.

3. Netflix and Disney+ don't work. Disney+ just stays black for me, no splash screen or log in screen whatsoever. Netflix shows the Netflix logo on black background. After waiting long enough it errors with attached error message.

Happy to provide logs or test things out if that helps.

Can also confirm 2 and 3.

I just got my victara back to the last official Lineage 17.1 build (just before April 1st 2021) which doesn't have any of these issues nor the others mentioned in the thread, for the time being, a few months ago.

Here's my copy for anyone who would like to go back.

Oct 13, 2014
Utrecht
The Google Play services thing is fixed for me now. Not sure if Google fixed it on their end or it got fixed in Sept 12 update that I installed.

I encountered one other weird thing, not sure if it is related to this LineageOS build. I can't download the Microsoft Office app. It downloads up to 80-90 something percent then stops and it ends with an error. See attached. Anyone else experience this? Tried all the things Google recommends, doesn't help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-183709_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210918-183709_Trebuchet.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210918-183809_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210918-183809_Trebuchet.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto X 2014

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto X 2014.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Front camera can be a little bright and blown out in indoor lighting, we're working on it.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8974
    1. Netflix should be fixed next build, update and let me know
    2. Looking into it
    3. Not sure, seems fine to me

Update: we are now in the official build roster and queued to get an official 18.1 build on Sunday morning :)
    Moto X 2014 victara Upgrade to LineageOS 18.1 Fail & Workaround

...I've follow all the steps for the upgrade, that happened without fails (the only unusual thing that i've noticed is that process finshed as OK on the device screen when progress was around 47% on pc cmd adb screen, for the rom and for the mindthegapps), but the device do not unlock when I enter my pin. The screen turns black for a moment and return to lock screen. Any idea of how to solve this?...

For the Motorola Moto X 2014 (victara) the LineageOS upgrade wiki page now says that you need to format data before installing LineageOS 18.1: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/victara/upgrade

In this LineageOS subreddit thread Can't go past locking screen after installing 18.1 on bacon (OnePlus 1) there is a post made by haggertk who is one of the 9 Lineage directors that explains why.

The workaround in that thread posted by OffizierMichael to avoid formatting the Data partition & losing your apps, data & settings was confirmed by a few OnePlus One users but not for the victara yet confirmed by victara user @douglasmarx:

Ok, I got this to work on my Oneplus One, setup before installation:

• Lineage OS 17.1
    • TWRP 3.5.1
    • Deactivate your unlock protection (pattern, PIN etc.) so it unlocks by simply sliding up
    Now, boot into TWRP and install (in same order and without rebooting inbetween)

• Lineage OS 18.1
    • GApps (must be Android 11 of course, like https://nikgapps.com/ - I used Open GApps before but they don't have version 11 out yet)
    • Remove or rename the file /data/system/locksettings.db by using TWRPs explorer functionality
    • Reboot and unlock into Lineage 18.1 like normal and reactivate your unlock protection of choice
    As mentioned by developers already, it is adviced to format every partition (therefore resetting and removing all settings/apps/files on your phone, be aware of course!) before going for the update.
    Moto X 2014 victara Upgrade to LineageOS 18.1 Fail & Workaround

For the Motorola Moto X 2014 (victara) the LineageOS upgrade wiki page now says that you need to format data before installing LineageOS 18.1: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/victara/upgrade

In this LineageOS subreddit thread Can't go past locking screen after installing 18.1 on bacon (OnePlus 1) there is a post made by haggertk who is one of the 9 Lineage directors that explains why.

The workaround in that thread posted by OffizierMichael to avoid formatting the Data partition & losing your apps, data & settings was confirmed by a few OnePlus One users but not for the victara yet confirmed by victara user @douglasmarx:
    Works for me too (the workaround)! Thank you very much, again!