[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto Z Play

Search This thread

huzefaonline

Dec 21, 2012
Karachi
Moto Z Play
Most users has already suggested solutions if bugs are there...few are known bugs..and ota is supported ..ota pushes every saturday
That is great. I have not installed it yet so dont know what the bugs are, other then those mentioned in OP or their solutions. Thank you for replying to my messages. I will hopefully unlock it over the weekend. If i may, is there any guide here that has step by step details to unlock bootloader, install recovery and custom rom?

huzefaonline

Dec 21, 2012
Karachi
Moto Z Play
That is great. I have not installed it yet so dont know what the bugs are, other then those mentioned in OP or their solutions. Thank you for replying to my messages. I will hopefully unlock it over the weekend. If i may, is there any guide here that has step by step details to unlock bootloader, install recovery and custom rom?
Apologies, i just found the wiki page link in OP

Sadako8888

Sep 7, 2022
Hi! In the last days I installed this official version of Lineage 18.1 for Moto Z Play, and due to incompatibility with some apps that I use, I went back to the official ROM, through the Rescue and Smart Assistant software.
The next day, using the phone normally, it restarts and the screen is off. I can't access fastboot mode, but the pc does detect it when connected via USB. Is my phone bricked? How can I solve that? Thank you

huzefaonline

Dec 21, 2012
Karachi
Moto Z Play
Hi! In the last days I installed this official version of Lineage 18.1 for Moto Z Play, and due to incompatibility with some apps that I use, I went back to the official ROM, through the Rescue and Smart Assistant software.
The next day, using the phone normally, it restarts and the screen is off. I can't access fastboot mode, but the pc does detect it when connected via USB. Is my phone bricked? How can I solve that? Thank you
I think you should use the rescue and smart assistant software to repair the device

mark04

Jan 13, 2013
I think the community would also appreciate knowing which apps were incompatible. Some of us are still sitting on the sidelides trying to decide whether now is the time to unlock the bootloader and flash something other than stock.

For my part, I need Microsoft Authenticator (required by work) and I would also hate to lose any of my banking apps.

Sadako8888

Sep 7, 2022
I think you should use the rescue and smart assistant software to repair the device
After 2 days without phone, I repaired it again with Rescue and Smart Assistant, and the phone turned on in Fastboot mode, but left me without IMEI. So I reinstalled Lineage and was able to get it back. For fear of bricking it, once again, going down to the official ROM, I'll stay in Lineage.
I think the community would also appreciate knowing which apps were incompatible. Some of us are still sitting on the sidelides trying to decide whether now is the time to unlock the bootloader and flash something other than stock.

For my part, I need Microsoft Authenticator (required by work) and I would also hate to lose any of my banking apps.

They are 2 local apps from Argentina. I think the incompatibility stems from the local development of the apps, and not from the ROM, which so far works perfectly (except that you can't lock the phone with your fingerprint).
I use Microsoft authenticator, and it works perfect.

mark04

Jan 13, 2013
They are 2 local apps from Argentina. I think the incompatibility stems from the local development of the apps, and not from the ROM, which so far works perfectly (except that you can't lock the phone with your fingerprint).
I use Microsoft authenticator, and it works perfect.
Thanks! Does the fingerprint sensor work at all? E.g. can you unlock the phone with it?

Unreal_man

Aug 15, 2016
To developer: please bring back unlock by fingerprint. It's main reason why I still didn't flash this rom.

Unreal_man

Aug 15, 2016
The post immediately prior to yours claims that fingerprint unlocking does work. Do you have information / experience to the contrary?
Excurse me. I meant lock ofcourse. Now I'm with AICP and have the same problem. When I flashed AICP 3 months ago, I'm also read about this rom, and developer wrote he won't return locking by fingerprint.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto Z Play

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto Z Play.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
    • Audio Mods have no alarm or notification audio through them.
    • Camera Mods don't (and won't ever) work.
    • Volume may be lowered at when locking and unlock the device
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Official Lineage OS builds for addison ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
      Code:
      Technical details on our Treble implementation:
      Treble is enabled with VNDK30, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953
    @marcost22 there is something off about updated dated 25th june, installation size reduced 716.83 MB to 707.63 MB also, feature like tap on fingerprint to sleep is removed in this update.
    can you please consider update dated 2022-06-18 as base, this is the most stable update so far, and less issue noticed regarding low volume.
    I wrote the following script to create and install a Magisk module for re-enabling fingerprint sleep.
    Paste and run on terminal, as root.
    Code:
    (kl=/vendor/usr/keylayout/fpc1020.kl
    mod=/data/adb/modules/vr25.addison_fp_sleep/system$kl
    [ -f $kl ] || {
      echo "Device not supported ($kl not found)"
      exit 1
    }
    mkdir -p ${mod%/*}
    sed '/^key 614/s/NOTHING/SLEEP/' $kl > $mod
    exit)
    - Is there a minimum firmware base requirement?
    - Which GSI variant is supported?
    - MB; yes there is, it's just the latest Oreo firmware, on retail channel that would be OPNS27.76-12-22-9
    - ARM64 A-Only, given that this device has no A/B support

Also aren't you the guy that made acc?
    As expected, thanks. This treble implementation is such a gem!
    Yes, I'm the acc guy.
    Thanks!
    Also funny finding you here
    Which gapp i should download.. there are 6 files.. i have already tried 3 file form given link..but everytimes showing error.. plz mentioned the perticular download link of gapp

Also you are expected that if you are able to install a rom, you are able to do a little googling and reading
    @marcost22 million of thanks to you, never thought will see a official lineage os for moto z play. Its based on 64 bit ?
    I would like to say "YOU ARE THE BEST" !!

Yes, as all my roms it is a 64bits rom
    Sorry friend I posted here but I got very impatient and re-applied the rom and the front flash is ok. The only downside is that NFC is not working in practice, despite being available in the settings menu. Does anyone know or have the same bug?
    First, thank you very much for the ROM @marcost22
    I think it's amazing to bring an "updated" android to an old smartphone

Here I had the same problem with NFC (my variant is XT1635-03)
    How I "solved":
    restart in twrp (use latest that can mount vendor folder)
    mount the vendor partition
    Go to /vendor/etc folder
    delete the file libnfc-nxp.conf
    rename the file libnfc-nxp_retcn.conf to libnfc-nxp.conf

If you have magisk, it won't work.
    You have to do this configuration before installing magisk.