[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto Z2 Force

Search This thread

wyldwilly

Feb 8, 2009
Noice/Thanks!

Oh, I'd like to report that my Mophie external battery seems to be working better than it did in 17.1.
My Googling isn't yielding any similar complaints: Has anyone else noticed that the "screenshot edit" function no longer allows drawing or highlighting? In 17.1, I used to frequently add my "input" to screenshots before sharing them...

• Wow
Reactions: tsoump

Sunport

Nov 21, 2017
Thanks to developers for this awesome new update I love it 💕👍

Everything seems works fine, fast and nice:)

Have question about new "flicker free" setting in LiveDisplay in 13.04.2021 update (I see it in Changes page). This function is real will work? This will be niiice!

Now I use "OLED saver" already couple years.

idelgador

Apr 9, 2021
sounds like a persist issue - did you ever flash pie firmware?
No, never flashed before, it was oreo and then upgraded to pie OTA. Unlock the bootloader and tried twice to install this version. No luck. Had to reinstall official firmware again (amxmx version) and worked again. Really want to try Lineage but no luck so far.

Aaronmv

Nov 28, 2014
hello good I would like to know which of the versions of lineage is more stable I have downloaded several versions of roms from other entities but so far I have not been able to find stability especially when playing genshin impact it only works well with the stock ROM and I do not want to install the original that the developers recommend I hope your answer thanks

magaiverzinho

Jan 31, 2015
I just installed recovery 18.1 and lineageos 18.1 everything works fine, my carrier chip does not work and
wifi connects no more data, before I used lineageos17.1 and everything worked ok

BeingHuzzii

Apr 2, 2021
hi i just simply download linage os 18.1 and recovery first i flashed recovery the i flash via adb sideload linage os 18.1 from linage os 17.1 in my moto z2 force now its stucked on linage bootup

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
I've already upgraded. Everything seems smooth and fast. Also, some small bugs of the stock pie are disappeared, such as disconnection of the wifi and the casting to the TV box.
I got many messages of corruption from Google gallery since I upgraded but there has been progress by now.
I need to refer that my main disappointment is the hard key of navigation (fingerprint). I'd like to have the option of changing :
A) The directions of swapping (for me it's more convenient swapping to the left for the home key and to the right for the back key)
B) The functionality of the long press of fingerprint key (it works only as the Google assistant key) . It would be better to lock the screen.

Thank you for having this upgrade though!!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • hello good I would like to know which of the versions of lineage is more stable I have downloaded several versions of roms from other entities but so far I have not been able to find stability especially when playing genshin impact it only works well with the stock ROM and I do not want to install the original that the developers recommend I hope your answer thanks
    18.1 is the best. Get the newest.
    can I root lineage 18.1?

same lineageos 17.1 root method with magisk?
    sure, but we don't support magisk/magisk modules - things will probably still work, but I can't support your bug tickets.
    after restarting the phone, wifi and the carrier chip works fine ! !!!!
    good to hear, I suspect your /persist partition has some old twrp logs on it that filled it up, go take a look if you get time, not crazy important, but might solve future issues.
    hi i just simply download linage os 18.1 and recovery first i flashed recovery the i flash via adb sideload linage os 18.1 from linage os 17.1 in my moto z2 force now its stucked on linage bootup
    you need to follow the guide at wiki.lineageos.org - if you don't I can't support it.
    Anyone know if wifi calling works on T-Mobile on any version of Lineage OS for the Z2 Force?
    It does!
    I've already upgraded. Everything seems smooth and fast. Also, some small bugs of the stock pie are disappeared, such as disconnection of the wifi and the casting to the TV box.
    I got many messages of corruption from Google gallery since I upgraded but there has been progress by now.
    I need to refer that my main disappointment is the hard key of navigation (fingerprint). I'd like to have the option of changing :
    A) The directions of swapping (for me it's more convenient swapping to the left for the home key and to the right for the back key)
    B) The functionality of the long press of fingerprint key (it works only as the Google assistant key) . It would be better to lock the screen.

Good to hear!

So, A would kinda be odd to implement. Maybe someday.
    B, we can't get that keycode to work as it does on stock, on stock the Moto app intercepts and handles it. Maybe will revisit it if I get time.

• Love
    Reactions: tsoump

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
    Hello,

About last updates I must refer :
    1. Music players don't work stable enough when locking and unlocking the device. The music files are from a new SD Card.
    2. Sometimes the screen splits when removing the keyboard after writing a message.
    3. The auto balance of the brightness of the screen, I think, needs re - configuration. For example: when I wake up in my dark room the auto brightness is about 25% (which is too bright) and when I am outside in a shiny day the brightness seems about 85% instead of 100%. The lockscreen behaves the same : very dim and not easily readable in shiny days.
    4. Indeed, sometimes the SIM card is loosing its place and needs restart.
    5. On the status bar the music player sometimes cannot be removed by sliding right or left. It sticks until a restart. And when it exists, the quick access buttons are not more expandable by scrolling down.
    6. Very curious bug is the video recording. Check the black and white camera. It doesn't synchronize the audio - picture. Also, neither the gcam 7.3 (Wichaya) can record video.
    7. In live display the Adobe color profile corrupts after awhile.

Overall it's smooth. The brightness for me is a problem as if the sensor is erratic. And of course, I cannot get used to the limitations of the fingerprint button.

Is there any option or app to change the appearance of the lockscreen and its sensitivity?

Thank you!

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • can I root lineage 18.1?

Hello,

About last updates I must refer :
    1. Music players don't work stable enough when locking and unlocking the device. The music files are from a new SD Card.
    2. Sometimes the screen splits when removing the keyboard after writing a message.
    3. The auto balance of the brightness of the screen, I think, needs re - configuration. For example: when I wake up in my dark room the auto brightness is about 25% (which is too bright) and when I am outside in a shiny day the brightness seems about 85% instead of 100%. The lockscreen behaves the same : very dim and not easily readable in shiny days.
    4. Indeed, sometimes the SIM card is loosing its place and needs restart.
    5. On the status bar the music player sometimes cannot be removed by sliding right or left. It sticks until a restart. And when it exists, the quick access buttons are not more expandable by scrolling down.
    6. Very curious bug is the video recording. Check the black and white camera. It doesn't synchronize the audio - picture. Also, neither the gcam 7.3 (Wichaya) can record video.
    7. In live display the Adobe color profile corrupts after awhile.

Overall it's smooth. The brightness for me is a problem as if the sensor is erratic. And of course, I cannot get used to the limitations of the fingerprint button.

Is there any option or app to change the appearance of the lockscreen and its sensitivity?

Thank you!
    1. Weird - works fine here - have you tried the built in one?
    2. You mean like Android's split screen?
    3. This uses stock configurations, so not sure why it would be any different...
    4. Yeah, trying to recreate this locally to debug it at the moment.
    5. This is an AOSP thing, hopefully they fix it in Android 12 :)
    6. Huh - that's weird! I'll take a look.
    7. Yeah, I think I'm just gonna remove it lol
    Anyone know the latest/best working GCam for us?
    Unsure, the most popular one - Arnova or something? - worked fine when I tried it.
    Google Play device certification uncertified.

Is it possible to fix it?
    Magisk maybe? IDK. It shouldn't really matter. What you probably care about is SafetyNet.

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
    1. Weird - works fine here - have you tried the built in one?
    2. You mean like Android's split screen?
    3. This uses stock configurations, so not sure why it would be any different...
    4. Yeah, trying to recreate this locally to debug it at the moment.
    5. This is an AOSP thing, hopefully they fix it in Android 12 :)
    6. Huh - that's weird! I'll take a look.
    7. Yeah, I think I'm just gonna remove it lol
    1. I have tried both build in one and vlc. When locking the screen, sometimes they corrupt and the music stops. 5sec after, it starts normally again. I don't know, maybe due to the SD card? (it's Samsung Evo plus sdxc 64gb)
    2. I mean sometimes, when I close down the keyboard, its position turns to white instead of appearing the rest of the screen. As if it has stuck. For solving that I enable again the keyboard.
    3. It doesn't make sense this setting of the brightness. It's very weird in the darkness 25% and in extremely light 85%. I'm sure in stock rom it had smarter behavior.

-My device is also uncertified in Google store.

Thank you for your quick response!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      hello good I would like to know which of the versions of lineage is more stable I have downloaded several versions of roms from other entities but so far I have not been able to find stability especially when playing genshin impact it only works well with the stock ROM and I do not want to install the original that the developers recommend I hope your answer thanks
      18.1 is the best. Get the newest.
      can I root lineage 18.1?

sure, but we don't support magisk/magisk modules - things will probably still work, but I can't support your bug tickets.
      after restarting the phone, wifi and the carrier chip works fine ! !!!!
      good to hear, I suspect your /persist partition has some old twrp logs on it that filled it up, go take a look if you get time, not crazy important, but might solve future issues.
      you need to follow the guide at wiki.lineageos.org - if you don't I can't support it.
      Anyone know if wifi calling works on T-Mobile on any version of Lineage OS for the Z2 Force?
      It does!

Good to hear!

So, A would kinda be odd to implement. Maybe someday.
      B, we can't get that keycode to work as it does on stock, on stock the Moto app intercepts and handles it. Maybe will revisit it if I get time.
      Magisk maybe? IDK. It shouldn't really matter. What you probably care about is SafetyNet.
      Magisk is not installed.

SafetyNet failed.
      Anyone know the latest/best working GCam for us?
      I red on Spanish Telegram for the moto z2 force that this gcam is the most functional.
      I also verify.

npjohnson Can I install this rom on XT1789-03 (sprint version, android 8.0) without bug with baseband or imei?​

Yes, as our wiki states - your model is compatible. Be sure to follow the guide exactly.
      lineage-os-logo.png

Moto Z2 Force

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto Z2 Force.

Join our Moto Z2 Force Development Discord server!

Downloads:
      Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
      If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
      • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
      • Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in LineageOS, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.
      • Audio Mods have no alarm or notification audio through them.
      • Camera Mods don't (and won't ever) work.
      • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
      Notes:
      • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
      • Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
        Code:
         Technical details on our Treble implementation:
        Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
      How did you find this? I got an alert that lineage 18 came out but went to the website less than five minutes ago and it wasn't available for nash yet ?

*Edit* I just checked again it's not available for download even though it's listed ..weird
      Am the developer - and it is building on official servers tonight, check back in 24 hours.
      Am the developer - and it is building on official servers tonight, check back in 24 hours.
      Oh awesome. Thank you for the hard work ! Glad to see roms still being made for this phone
      Thanks a ton for keeping our device up to date! I see that the efficiency mode is working for the battery mod, amazing!!
      Yup! And will from here on out :)
      The clock app is not working and I think usb tethering is not working.
      Clock app works, maybe gapps overwrite it with a broken one? Will try usb tethering locally.
      Vibration is not working
      It works, your motor may have died.
      Firstly, THANKS FOR THIS!

I get the following error when opening the Camera app: dlopen failed: library "libmcf-jni.so" not found.

HDR mode is missing and you still can't save to SD - otherwise seems to work OK

Install steps taken:
      1. adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-nash-signed.zip
      2. Reboot into the newly-updated 18.1 recovery
      3. adb sideload MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210328_143848.zip

Since I was updating from 17.1 with Google Apps, I did not perform a factory reset per the upgrade instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nash/upgrade

Was this wrong? Should I have done a clean install?
      dlopen, HDR, and save to SD: all expected and WIP. Working on them :)

npjohnson Can I install this rom on XT1789-03 (sprint version, android 8.0) without bug with baseband or imei?​

Yes, as our wiki states - your model is compatible. Be sure to follow the guide exactly.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone