[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto Z2 Force

Search This thread

nanatsuboshi

May 5, 2021
Magisk maybe? IDK. It shouldn't really matter. What you probably care about is SafetyNet.
Magisk is not installed.

SafetyNet failed.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 9
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: tsoump

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
Hello!

Some more observations :
1. The music players & the buzzer alarm sometimes corrupt a song if it comes from my SD card, but it works well if it's located in the phone's memory as if the SD card sleeps.
2. Also if the music has been stopped, the music shortcuts are still in the status bar.
3. The background apps seems to be killed very soon.
4. On safetyNET I get a FAIL. So, what do you suggest?
5. Why are completely disabled the ''new'' gestures of Android 10 and 11? It should be better to be optional.
9. Someday, my will is to fix on the one hand the fingerprint's way of working and on the other the behavior of the brightness.

Thank you again and again!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Hello!

Some more observations :
    1. The music players & the buzzer alarm sometimes corrupt a song if it comes from my SD card, but it works well if it's located in the phone's memory as if the SD card sleeps.
    2. Also if the music has been stopped, the music shortcuts are still in the status bar.
    5. Why are completely disabled the ''new'' gestures of Android 10 and 11? It should be better to be optional.
    9. Someday, my will is to fix on the one hand the fingerprint's way of working and on the other the behavior of the brightness.

1. No clue, file a bug ticket as described on the wiki.
    2. Same as above
    3. That's LMK, we use the AOSP configurations, things should mirror stock.
    4. Yup, your bootloader is unlocked, you can try Magisk but I doubt it will work anymore for us.
    5. They're not at all disabled, go to Settings, system, gestures, navigation, and you can choose between 3 button, 2 button , and gesture nav.
    Do moto mods work in lineage? I mean the motor mod of the battery

View attachment 5312573
    All but Camera mods, like the OP says.

• Love

gorillaD

May 13, 2021
    hey gang is andriod 11 killing apps too aggressive for you on this phone too? multitasking on this rom is impossible with apps getting refreshed every time

loldevil

Mar 20, 2009
    São Paulo
    Hello my beloved ones!

I'm facing some issues reported earlier, like the "No SIM card" going constantly, WiFi randomly stops working and the screen colors going crazy after unlocking the screen (random but very often).
    I was on a stock Pie with everything working and just unlocked the bootloader, installed the LineoageOS following the wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nash/install by using the Lienage Recovery and a adb sideload install method.

The version that I tried is lineage-18.1-20210601-nightly-nash-signed.zip.

Any ideas?

ThankYou!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Hello my beloved ones!

I'm facing some issues reported earlier, like the "No SIM card" going constantly, WiFi randomly stops working and the screen colors going crazy after unlocking the screen (random but very often).
    I was on a stock Pie with everything working and just unlocked the bootloader, installed the LineoageOS following the wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nash/install by using the Lienage Recovery and a adb sideload install method.

The version that I tried is lineage-18.1-20210601-nightly-nash-signed.zip.

Any ideas?

ThankYou!
    Try going back to stock and starting once more.

To clarify, you've never used TWRP? That can cause some problems like these if you used older versions.

thaiminhan

Dec 4, 2007
    for safety net on my device with LOS 18.1, im using fingerprint android 8 :
    motorola/nash/nash:8.0.0/OPXS27.109-34-10/5:user/release-keys

it will pass with magis 23 (without magisk not yet tested)

with fingerprint:

motorola/nash_retail/nash:9/PPX29.159-24/e78f1:user/release-keys

safetynet cts profile failed

my device 1789-03

Thanks npjohnson

Reactions: npjohnson

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • @npjohnson - this is OT for the topic, but I don't see the Discord group for LOS anymore. Did I get kicked out?!

@ph03n!x XIYL here, we don't know what happened to it yet, the server got hit with some spam, and next time I looked it was gone.
    No, we have no clue what happened - it just disappeared - contacted discord support, will see what happens.

Reactions: ph03n!x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello!

Some more observations :

1. No clue, file a bug ticket as described on the wiki.
      2. Same as above
      3. That's LMK, we use the AOSP configurations, things should mirror stock.
      4. Yup, your bootloader is unlocked, you can try Magisk but I doubt it will work anymore for us.
      5. They're not at all disabled, go to Settings, system, gestures, navigation, and you can choose between 3 button, 2 button , and gesture nav.
      Do moto mods work in lineage? I mean the motor mod of the battery

View attachment 5312573
      All but Camera mods, like the OP says.
      hey gang is andriod 11 killing apps too aggressive for you on this phone too? multitasking on this rom is impossible with apps getting refreshed every time
      for safety net on my device with LOS 18.1, im using fingerprint android 8 :
      motorola/nash/nash:8.0.0/OPXS27.109-34-10/5:user/release-keys

it will pass with magis 23 (without magisk not yet tested)

with fingerprint:

motorola/nash_retail/nash:9/PPX29.159-24/e78f1:user/release-keys

safetynet cts profile failed

my device 1789-03

Thanks npjohnson
      @ph03n!x XIYL here, we don't know what happened to it yet, the server got hit with some spam, and next time I looked it was gone.
      @npjohnson - this is OT for the topic, but I don't see the Discord group for LOS anymore. Did I get kicked out?!

No, we have no clue what happened - it just disappeared - contacted discord support, will see what happens.
      lineage-os-logo.png

Moto Z2 Force

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto Z2 Force.

Join our Moto Z2 Force Discord!

Downloads:
      Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
      If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
      • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
      • Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in LineageOS, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.
      • Audio Mods have no alarm or notification audio through them.
      • Camera Mods don't (and won't ever) work.
      • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
      Notes:
      • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
      • Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
        Code:
        Technical details on our Treble implementation:
        Treble is enabled with VNDK30, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
      How did you find this? I got an alert that lineage 18 came out but went to the website less than five minutes ago and it wasn't available for nash yet ?

*Edit* I just checked again it's not available for download even though it's listed ..weird
      Am the developer - and it is building on official servers tonight, check back in 24 hours.
      Am the developer - and it is building on official servers tonight, check back in 24 hours.
      Oh awesome. Thank you for the hard work ! Glad to see roms still being made for this phone
      Thanks a ton for keeping our device up to date! I see that the efficiency mode is working for the battery mod, amazing!!
      Yup! And will from here on out :)
      The clock app is not working and I think usb tethering is not working.
      Clock app works, maybe gapps overwrite it with a broken one? Will try usb tethering locally.
      Vibration is not working
      It works, your motor may have died.
      Firstly, THANKS FOR THIS!

I get the following error when opening the Camera app: dlopen failed: library "libmcf-jni.so" not found.

HDR mode is missing and you still can't save to SD - otherwise seems to work OK

Install steps taken:
      1. adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-nash-signed.zip
      2. Reboot into the newly-updated 18.1 recovery
      3. adb sideload MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210328_143848.zip

Since I was updating from 17.1 with Google Apps, I did not perform a factory reset per the upgrade instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nash/upgrade

Was this wrong? Should I have done a clean install?
      dlopen, HDR, and save to SD: all expected and WIP. Working on them :)
      @npjohnson - this is OT for the topic, but I don't see the Discord group for LOS anymore. Did I get kicked out?!

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone