• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto Z2 Force

Search This thread
Sep 4, 2019
I'm struggling to get gapps installed and haven't even tried Magisk yet. I follow the install instructions for Nash but after I sideload the LineageOS, my device's connection status turns to unauthorized and I'm unable to sideload any add-ons before booting the device up for the first time. Any ideas? Thanks!

johnathanamber

Sep 26, 2008
I recall that you should only use MindTheGApps.

Have you tried that?

Have you turned on USB Debugging after the initial install? You will have to re-allow the connection after the install.

middlestream

Jul 31, 2019
@johnathanamber , I'm getting the same result from adb shell getprop ro.boot.hardware.sku, in that it only displays my phone model number (xt1789-04), and nothing about the firmware version. Did you figure out this problem? I'm scared to continue as the wiki clearly warns:

--Warning: If you follow these instructions on a firmware not explicitly listed as supported for your variant, or a firmware not intended for your variant, you are very likely to damage the device--

Can anyone else help clear this up? How can I ascertain that my firmware is up to date?

EDIT: In case anyone else has this problem - apparently the command adb shell getprop ro.boot.hardware.sku is NOT supposed to tell you your firmware. It is supposed to tell you your model number, which you compare to the chart on the installation page. If it says 8, you're supposed to be running Oreo, and 9 is for Pie. You can check this by going to settings/about phone/Android version.

Also worth mentioning that about halfway down the Installation page is the step called: "Temporarily booting a custom recovery using fastboot". Once you start those instructions, there's no going back until you finish everything. Your phone will not boot normally until you install lineage properly.

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Performing a factory reset did not restore the rear camera function. Using another camera app, like Google Camera still shows it working, but still in black and white. Model specifically is XT1789-04.

The odd part is that sometimes the camera works, and sometimes it does not.

Running OCT5.
So weird - it works fine on the October nightly for me.

johnathanamber

Sep 26, 2008
So weird - it works fine on the October nightly for me.
I did try to install from the SEP date and increment to the latest, same results. Also did a reinstall using the latest zip, ditto, same result.

I would chalk it up to a hardware issue, except that sometimes, the camera works fine. Then it decides not to, disabling the flashlight as well, and then the other camera app "works" with black and white images.

Very odd.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I did try to install from the SEP date and increment to the latest, same results. Also did a reinstall using the latest zip, ditto, same result.

I would chalk it up to a hardware issue, except that sometimes, the camera works fine. Then it decides not to, disabling the flashlight as well, and then the other camera app "works" with black and white images.

Very odd.
huh - that's super odd. What gapps? Magisk? Anything else of interest?

Ivoney

Aug 14, 2019
This LineageOS 18.1 ROM seems to be very good, evolving more and more, my question for installation is the following: do I use twrp or Lineage recovery?, MindTheGApps or OpenGApps?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
This LineageOS 18.1 ROM seems to be very good, evolving more and more, my question for installation is the following: do I use twrp or Lineage recovery?, MindTheGApps or OpenGApps?
the wiki details this. Lineage Recovery - MindTheGapps are my personal go-to, as opengapps changes daily and can be flakey.

Reactions: Ivoney

Ivoney

Aug 14, 2019
Obrigado, não consegui instalar através do Lineage Recovery, acabei instalando pelo twrp, mas o desempenho não foi tão bom quanto o estoque, talvez porque não instalei direito ou tive problemas de slot A \ B.

Ivoney

Aug 14, 2019
Obrigado, não consegui instalar através do Lineage Recovery, acabei instalando pelo twrp, mas o desempenho não foi tão bom quanto o estoque, talvez porque não instalei direito ou tive problemas de slot A \ B.
Eu também gostaria que o leitor de impressão digital funcionasse como um botão liga / desliga para apagar a tela

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
Suddenly, the battery life is now very poor. I get screen on time about 1.30h since 2 weeks now and I don't know if this problem occurred by the previous update. There is no app spends unusual %.
What can I do to solve this issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Suddenly, the battery life is now very poor. I get screen on time about 1.30h since 2 weeks now and I don't know if this problem occurred by the previous update. There is no app spends unusual %.
    Try to reboot, maybe better with holding 10 seconds the power button. If that not help, try to clean install the whole rom. If that's not helping, I would change battery
    Factory reset, and if it persists, an app is acting badly or your battery is degrading?
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto Z2 Force

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Moto Z2 Force.

Join our Moto Z2 Force Discord!

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
    • Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in LineageOS, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.
    • Audio Mods have no alarm or notification audio through them.
    • Camera Mods don't (and won't ever) work.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
      Code:
      Technical details on our Treble implementation:
      Treble is enabled with VNDK30, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
    How did you find this? I got an alert that lineage 18 came out but went to the website less than five minutes ago and it wasn't available for nash yet ?

*Edit* I just checked again it's not available for download even though it's listed ..weird
    Am the developer - and it is building on official servers tonight, check back in 24 hours.
    Am the developer - and it is building on official servers tonight, check back in 24 hours.
    Oh awesome. Thank you for the hard work ! Glad to see roms still being made for this phone
    Hey everyone!

So, I am already running Lineage OS 17.1 (latest available), I assume I cannot upgrade directly to 18.1, correct?

With that, looking at the install instructions (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nash/install) running the following, I get nothing in return:

Running the following and searching the txt file, I do not get a model:

I am pretty confident that it is the XT1789-04 model though. I've only had one of these model phones to use and I used it in my previous thread:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...brid-of-sprint-pie-and-tmo-oreo-roms.4019311/

Is this good enough to continue with the install or must this "ro.boot.hardware.sku" variable be present before installing Lineage 18.1?

Thoughts?

Thank you!
    follow the guide under "Upgrade" on the wiki, you can directly upgrade. model is only set on stock.
    Thanks a ton for keeping our device up to date! I see that the efficiency mode is working for the battery mod, amazing!!
    Yup! And will from here on out :)
    The clock app is not working and I think usb tethering is not working.
    Clock app works, maybe gapps overwrite it with a broken one? Will try usb tethering locally.
    Vibration is not working
    It works, your motor may have died.
    Firstly, THANKS FOR THIS!

I get the following error when opening the Camera app: dlopen failed: library "libmcf-jni.so" not found.

HDR mode is missing and you still can't save to SD - otherwise seems to work OK

Install steps taken:
    1. adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-nash-signed.zip
    2. Reboot into the newly-updated 18.1 recovery
    3. adb sideload MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210328_143848.zip

Since I was updating from 17.1 with Google Apps, I did not perform a factory reset per the upgrade instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nash/upgrade

Was this wrong? Should I have done a clean install?
    dlopen, HDR, and save to SD: all expected and WIP. Working on them :)