[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Moto Z2 Play

Search This thread

zyngfang

Jul 21, 2022
My nor any Z2 play i know have such buttons; only the fingerprint sensor which in stock can double as the "one button" navigation system (via gestures); could you please send me a picture of how it looks like in your device?
Whoops. You are right. My mistake, sorry. I guess I've been switching phones too much recently and forgot that this Z2 Play never had those buttons to begin with! I'll investigate the "one button" nav option and see if I like that option better.

marcost22

Jun 26, 2019
Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play
Whoops. You are right. My mistake, sorry. I guess I've been switching phones too much recently and forgot that this Z2 Play never had those buttons to begin with! I'll investigate the "one button" nav option and see if I like that option better.
God you almost made me think there was some obscure variant i wasn't properly supporting! Yeah, with "one button" your fp one tap is home, left swipe is back and right swipe is recents

schranzonator

Aug 16, 2022
Many thanks for the great update ^^ is there a way to deactivate moto actions like waving and picking up the phone for waking up the display?

meelten

Nov 21, 2018
@marcost22 can you check what's with the notification light? For me it doesn't work.

Screenshot_20220819-150239_Trebuchet.png

RDS5

theres a notification light on this phone?!?!?!
i have seen a bright white light shine from its insides but it didnt seem to be intended to be used for anything but debugging (hence why i only saw it when i was messing around with fastboot on it).

meelten

Nov 21, 2018
theres a notification light on this phone?!?!?!
i have seen a bright white light shine from its insides but it didnt seem to be intended to be used for anything but debugging (hence why i only saw it when i was messing around with fastboot on it).
Because it is intended in stock but in most custom roms works for notifications.

Poldovico

Sep 4, 2022
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
I don't see the required firmware listed anywhere on the wiki page or this page.
I am having a problem with bluetooth not turning on which elswhere on the internet suggests is related to my firmware being old, but I can't actually figure out what version I need.

todobarato

Jan 5, 2011
I don't see the required firmware listed anywhere on the wiki page or this page.
I am having a problem with bluetooth not turning on which elswhere on the internet suggests is related to my firmware being old, but I can't actually figure out what version I need.
Yes I have the same question, How I figure out what version of Firmware I have?
Thanks.

NeedaVirus

Oct 8, 2015
Woops,
Doesn't work for me :-/
I've this appears after loooong time boot screen...
Tried 2 times, same issue.

Any Issue ?

Phone was already rooted, and on Resurrection Remix.

IMG_20220917_170721278.jpg

Thanks !

marcost22

Jun 26, 2019
Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play
You are right, it isn't listed on the wiki but it's listed on the first post of this thread, at the very end. It's just PPS29.133
Hello
how to install on XT1710-06?
Can you add support?
While it is not listed as directly supported, i invite you to try and report any issues there might be. Listed variants are those that are known to work flawlessly but there's a good chance yours works just fine too
Yes I have the same question, How I figure out what version of Firmware I have?
Thanks.
If you are on stock and rooted you can check executing in adb shell "getprop ro.build.id". You are looking for PPS29.133
Woops,
Doesn't work for me :-/
I've this appears after loooong time boot screen...
Tried 2 times, same issue.

Any Issue ?

Phone was already rooted, and on Resurrection Remix.

View attachment 5713633

Thanks !
So, just to understand what you are saying. You are coming from RR, installed lineageos and it doesnt boot? Quick question, did you format /data before switching roms?

NeedaVirus

Oct 8, 2015
So, just to understand what you are saying. You are coming from RR, installed lineageos and it doesnt boot? Quick question, did you format /data before switching roms?
Hello, Thanks for your help !
Of course, I've followed the entire "wiki guide" on the LineageOS page.

1. Installed the latest and correct recovery
2. Format/Wipe
3. Sideloaded and flashed last LineAge Zip Build, same rev as recovery.
4. And rebooted, without succes :-(

marcost22

Jun 26, 2019
Moto Z Play
Moto Z2 Play
Hello, Thanks for your help !
Of course, I've followed the entire "wiki guide" on the LineageOS page.

1. Installed the latest and correct recovery
2. Format/Wipe
3. Sideloaded and flashed last LineAge Zip Build, same rev as recovery.
4. And rebooted, without succes :-(
That's very weird; if at that prompt you try to factory reset does it just land you back at that page?

NeedaVirus

Oct 8, 2015
Already tried too, same issue, stay on booting screen for at least 30 mins, and then display this message again. :-/

NeedaVirus

Oct 8, 2015
Well... I've tried to get you logcat, but can't do it... :-/
If I type adb logcat into bootloader the prompt says -Waiting for Device..." And nothing more happens...
And if you want a logcat before flashing the last lineage image, I don't know how I suppose to do it ... :-/

Can you help me to done this correctly ?
Many thanks =)

Swarmadd

Oct 14, 2017
It works great !
But since the beginning I never managed to flash any recovery on my phone, including lineage's of course. I still have to use my computer and use the command "flashboot boot <image>".
I thought that was because the bootloader is unlocked but I must admit I never knew why ! If someone knows, it would be so useful for updating.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash, bang, mind the gapps - and here comes Lineage! Really nice version, very light (but not poor), battery friendly. Moto actions, JBL mod and powerpack mod work fine, no unexpected behaviour so far (three days).
    Thanks @marcost22 !
    i had built this myself at home but never thought to publish it or make it official since i thought it was too much work.
    so glad someone actually did publish an 18.1 rom for this phone so not everyone has to build it at home (especially since many cant).
    great work as usual (y)
    What the hell, that's unexpected to say the least. I'm quite happy with AICP and don't feel like hopping but good to have choice.
    I'm not sure where the settings are for this? I don't seem to have much in my default LOS settings controlling the LED.

There is a white LED that turned on by default for me with LOS 18.1 out of the box when the phone was plugged in, but I found it too bright and annoying, and didn't see where to change the colours or brightness. And I don't see any settings to configure the LED for specific notifications either. So I just set it to stay off when plugged in. And that's it: that's the only setting I could find for LEDs?
    Open settings and type notification light in search.
    I mean the touch-sensitive, haptic "buttons" that are built into the Z2 phone. They sit below the bottom edge of the actual screen, to the left and right of the "home" fingerprint button. In the original default Android system, those buttons light up with white icons when they are available and they function as back and recent apps buttons, and they vibrate when touched. In this version of LOS 18.1, there are no buttons there. There is no haptic feedback or vibration when I touch those areas using LOS 18.1, and the system doesn't seem to be aware that they exist.

The fingerprint sensor works as a regular home button when I disable the onscreen buttons. But there is no back or recent app button, which makes it impossible to navigate the UI. So I have the onscreen buttons enabled. I note again that this functions OK for me, so it is not a deal breaker. But it would be better for me if those haptic (capacitive) buttons worked, because then I could disable the onscreen buttons and increase the usable space on screen. Does that make sense?
    My nor any Z2 play i know have such buttons; only the fingerprint sensor which in stock can double as the "one button" navigation system (via gestures); could you please send me a picture of how it looks like in your device?