• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Nextbit Robin

Search This thread

blackuriel

Nov 25, 2017
Google Nexus 4
Nextbit Robin
@npjohnson @Raiz
Sorry for a late report. I did a clean install and the audio channels are all ok.

I may have found a small bug connected with the microphone.
Sometimes after reboot or after a doze, apps like the native lineage recorder or any app using voip to call like whatsapp or skype, can't connect to microphone. I noticed that it gets fixed once I try to make a normal phone call.
I made a logcat and I think it says error -22 and error code -20.
Could you check if you can recreate the problem?
Or should I just make a bug ticket?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson @Raiz
Sorry for a late report. I did a clean install and the audio channels are all ok.

I may have found a small bug connected with the microphone.
Sometimes after reboot or after a doze, apps like the native lineage recorder or any app using voip to call like whatsapp or skype, can't connect to microphone. I noticed that it gets fixed once I try to make a normal phone call.
I made a logcat and I think it says error -22 and error code -20.
Could you check if you can recreate the problem?
Or should I just make a bug ticket?
yeah, I've seen this once! Thought it was a fluke! Ticket would be awesome!

Reactions: Raiz

namikiri

Sep 7, 2012
radio.nyan.pw
Hello!

I've installed 18.1-20210418-nightly and it seems that this version has big issues with storage. No app can write files to internal storage. I've tried several apps: Telegram, TikTok and some other apps. They work fine with their app-specific storages but fail when trying to save files to /sdcard. Telegram can create directories and empty files but can't fill them with data, other apps can't do anything. Seems like a FUSE bug because when Telegram attempts to write a file, this message appears in logcat:
Code:
fusedaemon: Failed to check lock: Invalid argument

Does anyone have any solutions for this?

Gave it another try, 18.1-20210809 is still buggy, can't save files from messaging apps. I guess it's a scoped storage problem, how do you fix that?

GoldenChaos

Aug 18, 2021
Philadelphia, PA
Was recently given a Nextbit Robin for testing/tinkering and I really like the design of this device.

However, I'm experiencing Chrome and other related apps not working :( no version of Chrome is working for me. Firefox is the only browser that doesn't immediately crash, which is less than ideal.

How can I help troubleshoot these issues?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nextbit Robin

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Nextbit Robin.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work on LineageOS 16.0 and above - it's possible this feature may return in the future, though it unlikely, due to severely outdated proprietary blobs.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nextbit_msm8992
    @npjohnson Just checked the May 9th build.
    There is a very short lag before the FP sensor starts to work but works perfectly!
    Tested both during the initial setup, as well as adding a fingerprint from the settings.
    Also with and without Gapps.

Thank you very much!

The "little bug" the first time you register the FP is from long before LOS 18.1 and isn't really a big deal so I consider it fully functional.
    Great job @npjohnson
    super happy to hear it. Yeah, the lag is it firing up lol, I mean it is old hardware at this point ;p - after it's up, all is fine.
    yeah, I've seen this once! Thought it was a fluke! Ticket would be awesome!
    Here's the bug ticket
    Bug ticket

If you could please look into it.
    Thank you!
    noob qustion, how to crate log with adb? and what is registering FP on step 5
    thx
    registering FP (=fingerprint) is when you add a new fingerprint. To create a log with adb use this command:
    Code:
    adb logcat -v long > FPR.txt

You need to have adb up and running of course but since you unlocked your bootloader I don't think it's an issue for you.

And this may not solve your problem, I was just lucky when doing it. If you're lucky it'll fix it for you too, but otherwise I won't be suprised if you tell me that it didn't worked
    @npjohnson Here is the bug ticket.
    https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3416

If you could please look into it.
    Thank you!
    I will! On vacation for 2 weeks, but after that, sure!