• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Nexus 6

Search This thread

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
Hmm, I just tried 18 August and still no success. Any recommendations on how to debug? Also, should the location icon be in the drop down tray?
On my phone, the icon isn't there, but I can add it by editing the tray.

As for debugging, here are some suggestions:
- check that you have the newest bootloader
- wipe data, if you haven't done that recently
- try stock rom, to check whether it is a hardware problem

dumb.phone

Aug 28, 2021

@runekock All user error. The penicl icon to edit the tray I never noticed before so that solved that. For the GPS, it seems my radio strength is not the same as before. I took the phone outside and after about 5-10 minutes, GPSTest picked up satelites. It's odd because GPS worked in my place before. Thanks for the help!

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
I don't know if I'm the only one getting this kind of a strange issue ?
I'm getting an occasional random reboot where the camera disappears and I have to reboot again to bring it back ?

Yep, its some bonehead logic in the camera application where if the camera server doesn't start up fast enough, it won't show the icon. When that happens, just go into the GALLERY and hit the camera button from in there.

Rootmaster906

Dec 2, 2020
Nexus 6
Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Go to platform tools, powershell and type ./adb devices that will help PC recognize the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Interesting Privacy article out 6 Oct, lots on the interweb today. Android in general, and also LineageOS discussed. There is the usual tradeoff between data needed for functionality and innovation vs just revenue. The point is it could be more transparent, and give users some choices.

Full article: https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Doug.Leith/Android_privacy_report.pdf
    That paper doesn't understand how any of this works, and the fact it paints /e/ in a good light really makes me question it's integrity. Plus, the chart that shows the "reporting" we do to google - none of it is correct. We do none of that - unless you install gapps - which is an aftermarket user choice.

It's really hilarious that they took /e/OS and just shilled so hard for it - when they've really just slapped a new launcher and coat of paint on LineageOS, taken our device support repos, taken MicroG, slapped it together and sold it for profit. Other privacy centric OSes really do focus on privacy - ProtonAOSP, Calyx, Copperhead, Graphene, etc etc. Either the person who wrote this was /really/ misinformed or they had a reason to paint /e/ as perfect.

Not at all saying LineageOS is perfect but dang, do they harp on weird things.
    Anyone know of a way to limit the battery charge level?
    Wanna set it to 80% or 85% since the battery in this thing likes to die quickly since its mostly plugged in (being used as an emergency phone in truck)
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nexus 6

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Nexus 6.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work on LineageOS 16.0 and above - it's possible this feature may return in the future, though it unlikely, due to severely outdated proprietary blobs.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu
    Interesting Privacy article out 6 Oct, lots on the interweb today. Android in general, and also LineageOS discussed. There is the usual tradeoff between data needed for functionality and innovation vs just revenue. The point is it could be more transparent, and give users some choices.

Full article: https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Doug.Leith/Android_privacy_report.pdf
    That paper doesn't understand how any of this works, and the fact it paints /e/ in a good light really makes me question it's integrity. Plus, the chart that shows the "reporting" we do to google - none of it is correct. We do none of that - unless you install gapps - which is an aftermarket user choice.

It's really hilarious that they took /e/OS and just shilled so hard for it - when they've really just slapped a new launcher and coat of paint on LineageOS, taken our device support repos, taken MicroG, slapped it together and sold it for profit. Other privacy centric OSes really do focus on privacy - ProtonAOSP, Calyx, Copperhead, Graphene, etc etc. Either the person who wrote this was /really/ misinformed or they had a reason to paint /e/ as perfect.

Not at all saying LineageOS is perfect but dang, do they harp on weird things.
    Awesome to see the continued development!!

I assume the IMS development has been dropped? https://github.com/wavedashdoc/android_device_moto_shamu
    No I'm just crazy busy, it's on my to-do list albeit low atm :)
    I can't believe my eyes!! Thanks!!!

EDIT: Wait... is this an april fools joke? -__-
    Nope! Builds are rolling right now!
    Seeing about the same as your 2.
    I don't have a sim in it (not my main phone) but can't get in after inputting pin code... screen goes dark and then comes back to asking for pin code (as if lockscreen reboot).
    No adb acces (since not pin unlocked) to grab a logcat.

Have a full twrp backup so did some tests :
    * Tried deactivating pin in 17.1 before upgrading --> same issue (upon swipping up from lockscreen instead of entering pin)
    * Tried fresh 18.1 install after data wipe --> works...

Maybe deleting the .key files like explained here could be a workaround.

I am very pleased to see the next Android version coming to my N6. Thank you very, very much for your work!

But...

Than bothers me a bit. Having to re-setup every personal data and app is something I would rather avoid. Is there any chance that upgrading from 17.1 without loosing all data and apps will be possible in the near future? That would really be the icing.

Google removed the support for our legacy hardware based hashing of passwords/pins/patterns, ..
    Our wiki unfortunatly doesn't state that a wipe is needed. I'll be adding that.

Like said above maybe deleting the .key files is a workaround, but we can't make it the default install method for obvious reasons.