Just to partially answer my question:
Using Magisk can solve this issues.

How can I safely install Magisk?

I found some instructions like:
1) Download magisk.apk
2) rename it to magisk.zip
3) sideload this .zip file from TWRP
4) install magisk.apk

Do these steps also work under Lineage 18.1?
Yes, this steps also work under Lineage 18.1.
After installing magisk install you also need to install safetynet-fix-v2.3.1-MOD_2.0

Then disable wifi (and mobile data) and delete data of play service and playstore. Reboot your device, enable internet access again and your device should be verified.

Artu900

Nov 6, 2022
Yes, this steps also work under Lineage 18.1.
After installing magisk install you also need to install safetynet-fix-v2.3.1-MOD_2.0

Then disable wifi (and mobile data) and delete data of play service and playstore. Reboot your device, enable internet access again and your device should be verified.
Thank you for the detailed answer.
I did it already and got the phone Play certified.
However, Netflix and Disney+ still do not work.
I deleted them completely and reinstalled, had sadly no effect.

What could be the reason?

xuxu1

The reason is propably that the apps still can see that your device is rooted.
You can hide Magisk this way:
1. Go to Magisk Settings and hide manager
2. Enable zygisk
3. Install following magisk module Shamiko-v0.6-126-release.zip
4. Reboot
5. Go to magisk settings and add Netflix and Disney+ to Denylist. "Enforce Denylist" has to be disabled.
6. Delete data of Netflix and Disney+

Reactions: runekock

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Reactions: barnettejd

dwardo

Jan 15, 2011
France
Asus Transformer TF700
Nexus 6

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nexus 6

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Nexus 6.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work on LineageOS 16.0 and above - it's possible this feature may return in the future, though it unlikely, due to severely outdated proprietary blobs.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu
    Interesting Privacy article out 6 Oct, lots on the interweb today. Android in general, and also LineageOS discussed. There is the usual tradeoff between data needed for functionality and innovation vs just revenue. The point is it could be more transparent, and give users some choices.

Full article: https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Doug.Leith/Android_privacy_report.pdf
    That paper doesn't understand how any of this works, and the fact it paints /e/ in a good light really makes me question it's integrity. Plus, the chart that shows the "reporting" we do to google - none of it is correct. We do none of that - unless you install gapps - which is an aftermarket user choice.

It's really hilarious that they took /e/OS and just shilled so hard for it - when they've really just slapped a new launcher and coat of paint on LineageOS, taken our device support repos, taken MicroG, slapped it together and sold it for profit. Other privacy centric OSes really do focus on privacy - ProtonAOSP, Calyx, Copperhead, Graphene, etc etc. Either the person who wrote this was /really/ misinformed or they had a reason to paint /e/ as perfect.

Not at all saying LineageOS is perfect but dang, do they harp on weird things.
    Awesome to see the continued development!!

I assume the IMS development has been dropped? https://github.com/wavedashdoc/android_device_moto_shamu
    No I'm just crazy busy, it's on my to-do list albeit low atm :)
    I can't believe my eyes!! Thanks!!!

EDIT: Wait... is this an april fools joke? -__-
    Nope! Builds are rolling right now!
    Maybe deleting the .key files like explained here could be a workaround.

Google removed the support for our legacy hardware based hashing of passwords/pins/patterns, ..
    Our wiki unfortunatly doesn't state that a wipe is needed. I'll be adding that.

Like said above maybe deleting the .key files is a workaround, but we can't make it the default install method for obvious reasons.
    Thank you for the tip an nudge in the right direction !!!
    Here is what worked for me :)
    1. In 17.1 turned off pin code locking in settings
    2. Rebooted to twrp
    3. Deleted /data/system/locksettings.db file
    I didn't have any of the "*.key" files and no other locksettings.* files (probably because I had deactived pin in settings before hand)
    4. flashed 18.1 zip [+gapps + magisk]
    5. Rebooted
    6. Started enjoying 18.1 on my shamu