• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Nexus 6

Search This thread

xdaggg

Feb 29, 2020
Running into the same issue as well even with Magisk 23.0 installed and SafetyNet checks passing. "DRM Info" doesn't show Widevine at all.

Symptoms:
1. Netflix encounters error on load.
2. Disney+ encounters error on playback start.
3. Udemy videos appear to play but have no image or audio.
4. Udemy videos within Chrome attempt to play multiple times but ultimately report a video error.

No issue with YouTube or other videos on the web so does appear to be DRM related.

I'll look into it! Probably easy to fix.
My Nexus 6 is on the latest nightly and has this issue as well. Any chance of a fix? And thank you for keeping this device updated!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

xdaggg

Feb 29, 2020

cyrildtm

Jan 21, 2011
Flashed latest nightly and still having problems with Netflix. Netflix shows error code "502.-1006" immediately when launching, disabling DRM/liboemcrypto lets it load a little further but then reports error code "501.-109" instead. Did you or anyone else manage to get it working successfully? Thanks
Same.
DRM info app reports the same as before, no Widevine.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Flashed latest nightly and still having problems with Netflix. Netflix shows error code "502.-1006" immediately when launching, disabling DRM/liboemcrypto lets it load a little further but then reports error code "501.-109" instead. Did you or anyone else manage to get it working successfully? Thanks
Looking into it.

indians810

Feb 7, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 6
I was wondering if Stadia is working for anyone on the latest build. I launch any game and it just immediately crashes back to the home screen. Maybe it has to do with the DRM issue? I changed the graphics driver under developer options and it still did the same thing.

woodsticks

Jul 16, 2014
Thank you Devs and everyone who contributed to this ROM and for keeping Shamu going. I Dig It! Works Butter Smooth for me.
Coming from LOS 17.1 and keeping it simple, I used lineage recovery 18.1-20210804, then using a microSD & adapter flashing 18.1 20210804 and MtG. No issues, it's not over heating. Right On!

mithic

Feb 11, 2016
Hi, thanks everyone for this awesome rom!!I am on latest 18.1-20210811, but what i'm going to describe it happens also in previous editions.
ONLY when i am on a "normal" call (using 2g,3g or lte) and am trying to navigate on internet through wifi or mobile connection my phone shutdown!!

ps: (my battery is new,1 year ago was changed).

Last edited:

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Getting alot of instability random shutdowns and reboots also with this rom

How old is your battery? Mine was doing weird crap like that if the battery was under 75%, and basically wouldn't work at all if the battery was under 50%. Changed the battery and its rock solid after 6 hours screen on and 48 hours since last charge. I also changed with an OEM LG EZ30, which are cheap anyway, $11 CAD: https://www.esourceparts.ca/motorola-google-nexus-6-xt1100-xt1103-ez30-replacement-battery.html

I wouldn't waste energy trying to go with an off-brand battery. Why pay 4x as much for a knockoff that doesn't even *pretend* to be better spec? The only thing you need to be cautious about in replacing the battery, is peeling the charger coil off the old battery. Its the only thing under the back cover that's actually glued, everything else is really nicely screwed together. I wish phones were still made like this, its a true beauty.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
@npjohnson : Nice work on this. Normally I build my own everything from AOSP, but time is tight for me this year, so thank you very much for this. Its nice enough that I've switched back to N6 from P2XL (screen is just not wide enough at 68mm vs 74mm). It might be short lived for me though, the P6Pro (71mm) might be adequate with a bit of layout trickery in the OSK. Nevertheless, never thought I'd be switching back to this phone :)

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
How old is your battery? Mine was doing weird crap like that if the battery was under 75%, and basically wouldn't work at all if the battery was under 50%. Changed the battery and its rock solid after 6 hours screen on and 48 hours since last charge. I also changed with an OEM LG EZ30, which are cheap anyway, $11 CAD: https://www.esourceparts.ca/motorola-google-nexus-6-xt1100-xt1103-ez30-replacement-battery.html

I wouldn't waste energy trying to go with an off-brand battery. Why pay 4x as much for a knockoff that doesn't even *pretend* to be better spec? The only thing you need to be cautious about in replacing the battery, is peeling the charger coil off the old battery. Its the only thing under the back cover that's actually glued, everything else is really nicely screwed together. I wish phones were still made like this, its a true beauty.
Yeah I guess I really need to go ahead and replace the battery mine is super old and having the same symptoms as you mentioned . I think I'll pay someone to do it for me this time I tried changing the battery on my Pixel C Tab a few months ago and i destroyed the thing accidently slashed a cable trying to separate the screen from it. One thing that kind worries me about buying the original OEM Nexus 6 batteries is they all seem to be from super old stock they don't make the battery anymore and from what i read Li ion batteries have a unused shelf life ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nexus 6

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Nexus 6.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work on LineageOS 16.0 and above - it's possible this feature may return in the future, though it unlikely, due to severely outdated proprietary blobs.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu
    Awesome to see the continued development!!

I assume the IMS development has been dropped? https://github.com/wavedashdoc/android_device_moto_shamu
    No I'm just crazy busy, it's on my to-do list albeit low atm :)
    I can't believe my eyes!! Thanks!!!

EDIT: Wait... is this an april fools joke? -__-
    Nope! Builds are rolling right now!
    Seeing about the same as your 2.
    I don't have a sim in it (not my main phone) but can't get in after inputting pin code... screen goes dark and then comes back to asking for pin code (as if lockscreen reboot).
    No adb acces (since not pin unlocked) to grab a logcat.

Have a full twrp backup so did some tests :
    * Tried deactivating pin in 17.1 before upgrading --> same issue (upon swipping up from lockscreen instead of entering pin)
    * Tried fresh 18.1 install after data wipe --> works...

Maybe deleting the .key files like explained here could be a workaround.

I am very pleased to see the next Android version coming to my N6. Thank you very, very much for your work!

But...

Than bothers me a bit. Having to re-setup every personal data and app is something I would rather avoid. Is there any chance that upgrading from 17.1 without loosing all data and apps will be possible in the near future? That would really be the icing.

Google removed the support for our legacy hardware based hashing of passwords/pins/patterns, ..
    Our wiki unfortunatly doesn't state that a wipe is needed. I'll be adding that.

Like said above maybe deleting the .key files is a workaround, but we can't make it the default install method for obvious reasons.
    Maybe deleting the .key files like explained here could be a workaround.

Google removed the support for our legacy hardware based hashing of passwords/pins/patterns, ..
    Our wiki unfortunatly doesn't state that a wipe is needed. I'll be adding that.

Like said above maybe deleting the .key files is a workaround, but we can't make it the default install method for obvious reasons.
    Thank you for the tip an nudge in the right direction !!!
    Here is what worked for me :)
    1. In 17.1 turned off pin code locking in settings
    2. Rebooted to twrp
    3. Deleted /data/system/locksettings.db file
    I didn't have any of the "*.key" files and no other locksettings.* files (probably because I had deactived pin in settings before hand)
    4. flashed 18.1 zip [+gapps + magisk]
    5. Rebooted
    6. Started enjoying 18.1 on my shamu