[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi) - Repartition Only (flox)

Search This thread

Magister54

Dec 18, 2012
Montréal
i9100
Nexus 7 (2013)
Thanks! I have 2 Nexus 7, a black 16GB and a white 32GB, both were stock, they still runs great to watch videos and all!

The app of my new TVIP provider needs Android 7+, so I decided to install a well proven official ROM, Lineage 18.1.

I followed those steps at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/flox/install and now both my tablets are flox running Lineage 18.1, repartitioning seem hanged at one point so from another adb shell I saw that the process "reboot recovery" was launched but did nothing, there was no reboot, so I rebooted it anyway to continue the process. I sideloaded ROM/GAPPS. In fact, everything worked 1st try.

Reactions: npjohnson

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Thanks! I have 2 Nexus 7, a black 16GB and a white 32GB, both were stock, they still runs great to watch videos and all!

The app of my new TVIP provider needs Android 7+, so I decided to install a well proven official ROM, Lineage 18.1.

I followed those steps at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/flox/install and now both my tablets are flox running Lineage 18.1, repartitioning seem hanged at one point so from another adb shell I saw that the process "reboot recovery" was launched but did nothing, there was no reboot, so I rebooted it anyway to continue the process. I sideloaded ROM/GAPPS. In fact, everything worked 1st try.
Great to hear!

ZaxonXP

Jun 13, 2017
Hi,
I am trying to install latest LOS on Nexus7 2013 using following guide. I stuck on the repartition script which does not end and hangs on the following state. What should I do in order to make it work?

Looks like it stuck at the reboot recovery line, so I restarted it manually. Then afterwards I did the command
Code:
fastboot -w
, but this gave me following error:

Code:
Erasing 'userdata' OKAY [ 14.389s]
mke2fs 1.46.2 (28-Feb-2021)
/tmp/TemporaryFile-TaXPnH: Unimplemented ext2 library function while setting up superblock
/usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/mke2fs failed with status 1
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata

I am not sure if already these errors cause the installation failure or the above from fastboot -w.
How to fix it?

So I booted the recovery image and did the format for /data /system /cache manually. Then I tried to adb sideload the LineageOS and the Gaps with success. :D
Someone should update the instruction as it is not accurate.

Kind regards,
ZaxonXP

Last edited:

underflash

Oct 19, 2018
My Nexus is heavily lagging with 18.1, e.g, Gmail hangs with white screen for minutes. Never experienced such lags with stock Marshmallow. What should I do?

Last edited:

BLewis4050

Apr 18, 2014
Install update:
  • TWRP 3.6.2_9-0-flow
  • N7-13_TWRP_flo2flox_Injector-Addon
  • LineageOS 18.1 20220718-nightly-flox
  • Open GAPPS - Arm-11.0-nano 20220215
  • Magisk-v25.1
... and all is well.

Has anyone tried the unofficial 19.1 ROM on the N7 2013 tablet?
If so, are there any missing features or concerns?

Last edited:

k8500

Could you guys tell me about your experience with this rom?

I intend to use the tablet as Android Auto display (with Headunit Reloaded) and for some reading on the go (PDF, websites). Maybe also some simple gaming (SCUMMVM). I also don't really need Google services (will flash Micro G instead).

Don't care much about new Android features, but I do care about stability, performance and compatibility. Maybe it would be better to go with LOS 14.1?

Last edited:

contradude

My Nexus is heavily lagging with 18.1, e.g, Gmail hangs with white screen for minutes. Never experienced such lags with stock Marshmallow. What should I do?
I wonder if its an eMMC trim issue since you probably just rewrote a large portion of your nand with repartition, flash, and subsequent app reinstalls. Does it get better if you leave it powered on on the charger overnight? I'm not sure if this ROM has built in trim but most modern ROMs do. I used the fstrim batch file after flashing this ROM through CROSS so I never experienced that issue personally on my 16G Flox.

Last edited:

contradude

Could you guys tell me about your experience with this rom?

I intend to use the tablet as Android Auto display (with Headunit Reloaded) and for some reading on the go (PDF, websites). Maybe also some simple gaming (SCUMMVM). I also don't really need Google services (will flash Micro G instead).

Don't care much about new Android features, but I do care about stability, performance and compatibility. Maybe it would be better to go with LOS 14.1?
It works well and gets regular security updates. Everything I expect to work does so in an amazing way for a tablet that's almost a decade old.

underflash

Oct 19, 2018
I wonder if its an eMMC trim issue since you probably just rewrote a large portion of your nand with repartition, flash, and subsequent app reinstalls. Does it get better if you leave it powered on on the charger overnight? I'm not sure if this ROM has built in trim but most modern ROMs do. I used the fstrim batch file after flashing this ROM through CROSS so I never experienced that issue personally on my 16G Flox.
I just re-partioned with sysrepart-ultimate.zip and it solved the problem. I have no idea why re-partitionig 32GB stock with flo-deb_clamor_repartition_20201203.zip worked so badly...

k8500

I just re-partioned with sysrepart-ultimate.zip and it solved the problem. I have no idea why re-partitionig 32GB stock with flo-deb_clamor_repartition_20201203.zip worked so badly...
I used sysrepart-ultimate from CROSS as well. The other one struggled badly and never completed here and left my n7 hanging lol
I can confirm this. The instructions on the LOS page did not work for me. It only worked when I used TRWP UA (can't find the link right now, maybe someone can help) instead of LOS Recovery, with formats and wipes before and after the clamor script.

underflash

Oct 19, 2018
The only idea why clamor_repartition worked so badly... it makes 1.4GB system partition vs sysrepart-ultimate 4GB system, so maybe it is simply too small. Initial thought was dead eMMC, but it is HYNIX HBG4e // 31GB MAY 2013. I did not want to mess with sysrepart-flox and 1.5GB system. Both re-partition scripts worked at my end without any errors.

- Start from the latest working Stock ROM
- Flash latest TWRP FLO recovery from Bootloader ==>> fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.6.2_9-0-flo.img
- Boot into TWRP recovery
- Wipe all partitions and format data (several times)
- Reboot into TWRP recovery
- Sideload re-partitioning script for 32GB ==>> adb sideload sysrepart-ultimate.zip (for 16GB use sysrepart-ultimate2.zip)
- Reboot into Bootloader from within TWRP recovery
- Flash latest TWRP FLOX recovery from Bootloader ==>> fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.0_9-0-flox.img
- Boot into TWRP recovery from Bootloader
- Wipe all partitions and format data (several times)
- Sideload latest LineageOS 18.1 nightly build ==>> adb sideload lineage-18.1-20220620-nightly-flox-signed.zip
- Sideload latest OpenGApps for arm ==>> adb sideload open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20220215.zip
- Reboot into system

Last edited:

*MILO*

Oct 30, 2006
Wollongong, Australia
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, however I'm at the Beginning trying to Install Recovery using Fastboot.
Have downloaded and renamed the .img file, and my computer can see my Nexus when prompted using CMD prompt Fastboot Devices, however when trying to transfer the .img file to the Tablet, it says File not found.

Is this just me with file directory location? I've checked 10 times, and it seems right though?
Bootloader is unlocked, and Tab is in Fastboot mode.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

underflash

Oct 19, 2018
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, however I'm at the Beginning trying to Install Recovery using Fastboot.
Have downloaded and renamed the .img file, and my computer can see my Nexus when prompted using CMD prompt Fastboot Devices, however when trying to transfer the .img file to the Tablet, it says File not found.

Is this just me with file directory location? I've checked 10 times, and it seems right though?
Bootloader is unlocked, and Tab is in Fastboot mode.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong?
My bet you have added a space in .img name or doing this from different directory. Just keep original recovery .img name.

Win+R type cmd and then cd c:\platform-tools (or any dir you use). You can use dir command to check if you really have .img file in this location.

Last edited:

TamD

Mar 25, 2017
Could anyone tell me if TWRP works with Official 18.1 for Flo?
And... if so what version would be recommended?
Thanks. :)

Last edited:

*MILO*

Oct 30, 2006
Wollongong, Australia
Grrr.
I presume my device should be Flox, and not Flo for this to work??

Attachments

• 20220723_175730.jpg
    20220723_175730.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

contradude

Could anyone tell me if TWRP works with Official 18.1 for Flo?
And... if so what version would be recommended?
Thanks. :)
Yes and no lol. There's an older version of TWRP for flox that's includes with CROSS. I personally use the latest version of TWRP for flo but immediately booted into that latest FLO TWRP and flashed the flo to flox TWRP zip that's in the TWRP thread on the last page or so (from 2021 or so). Works perfectly after rebooting to recovery (after flashing the conversion)

TamD

Mar 25, 2017
Yes and no lol. There's an older version of TWRP for flox that's includes with CROSS. I personally use the latest version of TWRP for flo but immediately booted into that latest FLO TWRP and flashed the flo to flox TWRP zip that's in the TWRP thread on the last page or so (from 2021 or so). Works perfectly after rebooting to recovery (after flashing the conversion)
Thank you so much for the response. I got impatient and installed the latest Twrp (twrp-3.6.2_9-0-flo) and so far it seems to work fine.... already did a backup. What are your thoughts on that? Am I going to see trouble if I don't jump to flox TWRP? :)

contradude

Thank you so much for the response. I got impatient and installed the latest Twrp (twrp-3.6.2_9-0-flo) and so far it seems to work fine.... already did a backup. What are your thoughts on that? Am I going to see trouble if I don't jump to flox TWRP? :)
Yes, I expect it to eat your installation eventually if you don't flash the N7-13_TWRP_flo2flox_Injector_Addon-AK3-signed.zip file on the linked post to make your installed version of TWRP FLOX aware: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...uch-recovery-2017-05-19.2380100/post-85724759

Top Liked Posts