[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi) - Repartition Only (flox)

Search This thread

Magister54

Dec 18, 2012
Montréal
i9100
Nexus 7 (2013)
Thanks! I have 2 Nexus 7, a black 16GB and a white 32GB, both were stock, they still runs great to watch videos and all!

The app of my new TVIP provider needs Android 7+, so I decided to install a well proven official ROM, Lineage 18.1.

I followed those steps at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/flox/install and now both my tablets are flox running Lineage 18.1, repartitioning seem hanged at one point so from another adb shell I saw that the process "reboot recovery" was launched but did nothing, there was no reboot, so I rebooted it anyway to continue the process. I sideloaded ROM/GAPPS. In fact, everything worked 1st try.

Reactions: npjohnson

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Thanks! I have 2 Nexus 7, a black 16GB and a white 32GB, both were stock, they still runs great to watch videos and all!

The app of my new TVIP provider needs Android 7+, so I decided to install a well proven official ROM, Lineage 18.1.

I followed those steps at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/flox/install and now both my tablets are flox running Lineage 18.1, repartitioning seem hanged at one point so from another adb shell I saw that the process "reboot recovery" was launched but did nothing, there was no reboot, so I rebooted it anyway to continue the process. I sideloaded ROM/GAPPS. In fact, everything worked 1st try.
Great to hear!

ZaxonXP

Jun 13, 2017
Hi,
I am trying to install latest LOS on Nexus7 2013 using following guide. I stuck on the repartition script which does not end and hangs on the following state. What should I do in order to make it work?

Looks like it stuck at the reboot recovery line, so I restarted it manually. Then afterwards I did the command
Code:
fastboot -w
, but this gave me following error:

Code:
Erasing 'userdata' OKAY [ 14.389s]
mke2fs 1.46.2 (28-Feb-2021)
/tmp/TemporaryFile-TaXPnH: Unimplemented ext2 library function while setting up superblock
/usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/mke2fs failed with status 1
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata

I am not sure if already these errors cause the installation failure or the above from fastboot -w.
How to fix it?

So I booted the recovery image and did the format for /data /system /cache manually. Then I tried to adb sideload the LineageOS and the Gaps with success. :D
Someone should update the instruction as it is not accurate.

Kind regards,
ZaxonXP

Last edited:

underflash

Oct 19, 2018
My Nexus is heavily lagging with 18.1, e.g, Gmail hangs with white screen for minutes. Never experienced such lags with stock Marshmallow. What should I do?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts