[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi) - Repartition Only (flox)

Search This thread

frankusb

Mar 8, 2011
I tried an unofficial Mind the Gapps. Still no dice. I'm on the latest nightly. This is 100% a bug with LOS or GAPPs. I don't know how I could go about logging this so it can be figured out.
Are those both paid apps? I can't replicate without purchasing.

I would think a logcat while trying to install would be helpful in debugging.

Last edited:

zosX

Nov 14, 2010
Are those both paid apps? I can't replicate without purchasing.

I would think a logcat while trying to install would be helpful in debugging.

Frank

Yes, paid apps. I just tried again with a fresh install of the nighly and the currently testing GAPPs for Android 11 and its the same thing. Certainly something with LOS I believe. I'll run a logcat.

zosX

Nov 14, 2010
Trying again. Edit: the forum won't let me attach a 114k log.

Edit2: sorry for posting screenshots but best I can do.

What's going on here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-111755_Logcat_Extreme.png
    Screenshot_20210415-111755_Logcat_Extreme.png
    345.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

zosX

Nov 14, 2010
It seems like your emulated storage is not working. Maybe reformat your data partition?

I've installed LOS 18.1 twice now. The partions were all wiped and reformatted beforehand. Once with GAPPS and once with MindtheGAPPs. Same result both times.

If emulated storage wasn't working, nothing would install from google play.

zosX

Nov 14, 2010
It seems like your emulated storage is not working. Maybe reformat your data partition?

I did a full wipe (AGAIN). Reinstalled with LOS recovery. Used MindtheGAPPs.

Same exact problem. It gets to the OBB file and just dies. Anything that does not come packaged with an OBB will install. There's something broken here and its not on my end.

frankusb

Mar 8, 2011
I did a full wipe (AGAIN). Reinstalled with LOS recovery. Used MindtheGAPPs.

Same exact problem. It gets to the OBB file and just dies. Anything that does not come packaged with an OBB will install. There's something broken here and its not on my end.
Sure enough, my obb directory is empty. What is a free app that uses the obb that I can try?

zosX

Nov 14, 2010
You may be able to sideload the apk and the manually copy over the OBB. I tried GTA and FF3 apks from my Pixel 4a 5g, but without the OBB they were trying to download it and that failed since I'm guessing those servers no longer exist. I'd try that, but for now I tried flashing the unofficial 14.1 and its just stuck on the bootup animation. Same problem I had when I tried to flash the last official 14.1 coming from 18.1. Could be the gapps. Both times I tried recently I didn't rule that out, though I am using the latest 7.1 gapps for arm which should be ok.

zosX

Nov 14, 2010
Does the app work on stock?

I could go back to a stock N7 setup and try. I can tell you that it will most likely work though. I've always had FF3 installed on every rom I've ever thrown at my N7. Definitely the last 14.1 official release.

Edit: I compared Geekbench 3 scores between stock and 18.1. I was actually surprised that despite what seems like heavier system load they score pretty identically. Battery life over a day was pretty good too. Maybe not as good as 14.1 in deep sleep, but I don't think wifi is turning off automatically at screen off. I'd have to check to make sure. Sometimes in 14.1 the wifi would hang in the on state too and drain the battery. Otherwise it would be a flat line when airplane mode engaged. I imagine with android optimizing battery use it would likely improve with more use though. All in all, this is the best a newer rom has run on this tablet so I'm pleasantly surprised. I only ever really use it for retroarch for the most part anyways, but it is nice to throw some older android games on it too.

Top Liked Posts

Can I run the

Whats the best way to go back to stock partition map?
    flashing our repartition script, but instead of typing `modify` like it says in the guide, type `stock`. :)
    I repartitioned mine successfully, but I can't flash because the device name isn't flox. What am I missing?
    Use the Lineage recovery.
    Hello everyone! Thanks for this awesome project!
    Is there a way to enable USB OTG+Charging?
    I tried to flash custom kernel from unofficial page of lineageos 18.1 (by followmsi and also ElementalX), both give me error of unsupported device.
    Well, I understand, that it is because now my devices is flox (and Kernels were made for flo).
    So is there a way to overcome this?
    Thank you.
    Not on the official kernel - you'll need to talk to the kernel developers about adding flox to their assertions.
    Why is the performance so fluid at first, then as slow as molasses after a day, and completely unusable?

I did a clean install, and this happens with both 17.1 and 18.1.

Wiped everything, data, cache, etc.... what's the solution?
    first boot is unthrottled in some places afaik, so might be exceeding typically okay thermals. Its also msm8960, and 8 years old :/
    It is slow, but I expect that with an 8-year-old device running a modern operating system.
    I find that killing each app in Recents as soon as I've finished with it improves speed. I'm not a developer, but I'm guessing that each app you use is hogging memory and clearing it frees memory, hence better performance.
    Yeah, it does.
    Can I run the

flashing our repartition script, but instead of typing `modify` like it says in the guide, type `stock`. :)
    I tried to flash custom kernel from unofficial page of lineageos 18.1 (by followmsi and also ElementalX), both give me error of unsupported device.
    Well, I understand, that it is because now my devices is flox (and Kernels were made for flo).
    Thank you.
    one option is the FLOX TWRP https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145709590

Or f someone is using TWRP -FLO(eg twrp-3.5.2_9-0-flo) (which is much friendlier vs LineAge Recovery) and is getting message that your device is FLO and FLOX is needed.

Open "lineage-18.1-20210503-nightly-flox-signed"
    edit file: META-INF\com\android\metadata

Code:
    CHANGE THIS:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "flox" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "flox" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: flox; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););

TO THIS:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "flo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "flo" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: flox; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi)

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi).

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • This device _must_ be repartitioned before installation, the only supported repartition package is the one listed in the Wiki linked above - please make sure you followed it before attempting to install!
    • `debx` support may come at some point in the future, but considering neither I or the other maintainer have one, it is unlikely, feel free to step up and do it! If you do, feel free to reach out to [email protected] and I'll help you get official builds rolling.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm
    Can I run the

Thank you.
    Not on the official kernel - you'll need to talk to the kernel developers about adding flox to their assertions.
    Why is the performance so fluid at first, then as slow as molasses after a day, and completely unusable?

I did a clean install, and this happens with both 17.1 and 18.1.

Wiped everything, data, cache, etc.... what's the solution?
    first boot is unthrottled in some places afaik, so might be exceeding typically okay thermals. Its also msm8960, and 8 years old :/
    It is slow, but I expect that with an 8-year-old device running a modern operating system.
    I find that killing each app in Recents as soon as I've finished with it improves speed. I'm not a developer, but I'm guessing that each app you use is hogging memory and clearing it frees memory, hence better performance.
    Yeah, it does.
    I repartitioned mine successfully, but I can't flash because the device name isn't flox. What am I missing?
    Use the Lineage recovery.
    I upgraded this device and I can't seem to go through a smooth 17.1 upgrade to 18.1 because I have a lock screen pin/pattern and every time I tried, the lock screen would crash as soon as I entered my pin. I saw that some other users had this problem on other devices, just thought I might want to bring that forward here on the new thread.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone