• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi) - Repartition Only (flox)

Search This thread

mirkoPigna77

Nov 4, 2014
I have another issue. The wifi keeps disconnecting from my home network. It works fine when I hotspot from my phone. Any suggestions? It used to work fine, not it connects for a few seconds then bam, disconnected. I am on the latest nightly, 30/08/2021

If I restart the router, it works fine for a few hours then again the same issue appears.

Last edited:

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
I have another issue. The wifi keeps disconnecting from my home network. It works fine when I hotspot from my phone. Any suggestions? It used to work fine, not it connects for a few seconds then bam, disconnected. I am on the latest nightly, 30/08/2021

If I restart the router, it works fine for a few hours then again the same issue appears.

Maybe set the wifi on the tablet to never sleep. Look for any power saving options and turn them off. Also try playing with the connect to this network when in range.

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
Hi ! Anyone else having trouble installing some apps from Google Play? They download to 99% and after it should go to install the app, it fails. But that is not the case for other apps. I have attached 4 screenshots. I have tried force stop and clearing data and cache for Download Manager, Google Play, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, Package Installer and removing my google account and rebooting my flo. I have tried to repartition back to stock and then go back to flox partition . I am on 09.09 build . I have tried flashing LineageOS 18.1 with twrp 3.5 for flox and with Lineage Recovery. I have tried combinations with MindTheGapps and latest OpenGapps ARM Nano. I can't seem to install some apps from the Google Play Store no matter what I do. I can successfully install and run the .apk of the problematic apps from a different source just fine. The device is not rooted. Can you guys help? Thanks in advance !

Thank you so much @kiraryu ! Your kernel fixed all issues. Also flashed your latest version of twrp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210910-095959_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210910-095959_Google_Play_Store.png
    490.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20210910-100201_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210910-100201_Google_Play_Store.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210910-100215_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210910-100215_Google_Play_Store.png
    533.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210910-112744_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210910-112744_Google_Play_Store.png
    564 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

kiraryu

Sep 13, 2017
Hi ! Anyone else having trouble installing some apps from Google Play? They download to 99% and after it should go to install the app, it fails. But that is not the case for other apps. I have attached 4 screenshots. I have tried force stop and clearing data and cache for Download Manager, Google Play, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, Package Installer and removing my google account and rebooting my flo. I have tried to repartition back to stock and then go back to flox partition . I am on 09.09 build . I have tried flashing LineageOS 18.1 with twrp 3.5 for flox and with Lineage Recovery. I have tried combinations with MindTheGapps and latest OpenGapps ARM Nano. I can't seem to install some apps from the Google Play Store no matter what I do. I can successfully install and run the .apk of the problematic apps from a different source just fine. The device is not rooted. Can you guys help? Thanks in advance !
You can search flox kernel on the androidfilehost,and flash the latest kernel with twrp.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
Anybody have any tricks/ideas/leads for getting WPA3-Personal and WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE Mixed Mode working on this old thing?

My Nexus 7 2013 was the only actively in-use device on my 5 GHz network that couldn't at least handle Mixed Mode, so I dropped it down to my 2.4 GHz hidden SSID which I left at WPA2-PSK for legacy devices.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 18, 2011
Thank you very much for this ROM. Incredible work!

Coming from 17.1, I have installed (clean):
lineage-18.1-20210913-nightly-flox-signed.zip
open_gapps-arm-11.0-nano-20210916.zip

Is it right to use OpenGapps? I read the hint for MindTheGapps too late.

All sensors are working.

Freeze with auto-rotate (worked perfectly with 17.1):
Attached a jpg that causes the tablet to freeze with auto-rotate (Nova Launcher). It seems only the GPU driver freezes. If I push the power button I can hear the sleep sound. But I have to hard power off the tablet. If I use wallpapers with 1920x1080 the tablet will not freeze with auto-rotate.

Gmail:
Playstore only offers the version from 2020-06-17.

Camera:
Only the LineageOS Camera works. I had the same problem with 17.1. I tried different apps, OpenCamera, SimpleCamera etc. It seems to be some kind of ermissions problem.

Everthing else seems to work fine. Incredible!

EDIT: Sorry, I picked the wrong picture.

Attachments

• hs-2007-16-h-1920x1200_wallpaper.jpg
    hs-2007-16-h-1920x1200_wallpaper.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

yhvo2gt9

Dec 31, 2013
Coming from an unofficial earlier LOS version that also involved a repartition stage, I was unable to fully follow the guide.

After sideloading the repartition script into the Lineage recovery, the modify command failed like this:

Code:
~ # modify
/sbin/sh: modify: not found

I couldn't work out what to do next. To try a more user-friendly interface I used fastboot to boot into recent TWRP .img for flo. Wiped all partitions and then sideloaded the repartition script again. This time the verbose output on TWRP effectively told me I needed to type "stock" rather than "modify". I used the advanced settings/terminal in TWRP to do this and it rebooted but went into a bootloop, never getting beyond the Google splash screen.

Then I used volume down+power to get back into the bootloader, and used fastboot again to boot into the TWRP .img. Sideloaded the repartition script again, and this time the verbose output in TWRP indicated I should type "modify" rather than "stock". Repeated the process with "modify" using TWRP's terminal, and this time the script worked to repartition.

Rebooted back into bootloader and from that point I was able to follow the process at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/flox/install

Booted fine into Lineage after that.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
@npjohnson, any chance of adding any other tweaks from the EX Kernel base like GPU OC, etc.? The list from @kiraryu's last unofficial EX build (P.S. @kiraryu, where is the source hosted? And new security patches would be nice..) are as follows:

Code:
Flox kernel Changelog(2021/09/14):
Based on ElementalX-N7 kernel 3.4.113
Update to 2019-07-05 Kernel security patch level
Fix wifi driver to scan the hidden SSID
Remove BFQ I/O Scheduler,it causes kernel panic.
Set CFQ I/O Scheduler to Default when Magisk 23 is installed
Disable s2w by default when Magisk 23 is installed
Enable zram by default when Magisk 23 is installed
Fix wlan: RX Low resource when download large files
Disable 802.11d to prevents 5ghz wifi change to wrong crda country based on AP.
Update ext4 fs driver
Update fuse fs driver
Update msm crypto driver
Update sdcardfs fs driver from kernel 4.4
Fix install app with obb file on google play.
prima: add FragAttacks WiFi vulnerabilities patch
Disable Qualcomm Crypto accelerator to fix battery drain.

Also would you be able to add the Nexus Qualcomm Preview/Beta GPU firmware blobs?

I've kept them archived here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=312875

They have V145 firmware instead of the stock V127, and the last stable one for deb/flo from my (years of) testing was Adreno-Nexus7-MMB29Q from adreno_nexus_feb2016. After that they went buggy on N7, and of course Qualcomm ended up closing the Preview program before pushing any updated drivers to Google. The feb2016/MMB29Q N7 firmware is solid and increase benchmarks quite nicely last time I checked, for what that's worth, and made things smoother on all ROMs I've tried, including your current flox. 🤞

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts