May 16, 2012
Here's my dirty flash process (everything works afterward):
On Lineage 17.1:
set creen lock to None
upgrade TWRP to version 3.5.2
backup everything

Boot to TWRP and then:
delete /data/system/locksettings.db
wipe /system, /dalvik, /cache (don't wipe /data)
install latest Lineage 18.1
install OpenGapps pico ARM test package
install Magisk 22.1

After first boot:
set screen lock back

With that process, I did not need to recover any apps and everything works great after the upgrade.

Reactions: daniga74

lom4x

Apr 18, 2010
Here's my dirty flash process (everything works afterward):
On Lineage 17.1:
set creen lock to None
upgrade TWRP to version 3.5.2
backup everything

Boot to TWRP and then:
delete /data/system/locksettings.db
wipe /system, /dalvik, /cache (don't wipe /data)
install latest Lineage 18.1
install OpenGapps pico ARM test package
install Magisk 22.1

After first boot:
set screen lock back

With that process, I did not need to recover any apps and everything works great after the upgrade.
Did you have encryption enabled on you phone before the upgrade?

@npjohnson, can you please clarify your comment on this PR https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_system_vold/+/304821.
What were fixed on bacon regarding HW FDE if you stated here and on LG G3 review that HW encryption is broken and should be replaced by dm_crypt as i understand?
HW backed encryption works fine on bacon with that, the issue is the OS side framework removal of legacy credential support, which breaks PIN/Pattern.

I could have left he crypto enabled, but PIN would never work. Better to fall back to dm_crypt and software encryption them have half working.

mt.

Apr 5, 2021
@npjohnson thanks for the fixes, the 15.4 build is now working without changes to the file system.

One question according the AOSP dictionaries:
Currently the AOSP keyboard spellchecker has the default languages included (de, en, es, fr, it, pt_br, ru)
Is it possible to include also the additional .dict files to the build? The most of them are already included in (java/res/xml/spellchecker.xml) but the .dict files are missing. although they are committed to the LOS code.
The unneeded ones can be later uninstalled from the menu and that was working fine the previous versions, thanks.

Additional .dict files:
https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...s/packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/java/res/raw

Last edited:

Seb512

Apr 19, 2021
Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years but only recently got an account. Anyways, I recently clean installed the latest official build of LOS 18.1 and an unofficial openGAPPS build on my OnePlus One, and it runs well except the camera and torch is broken. When I open the stock camera app, even after a reboot it crashes instantly, and I cannot use any third party apps, as they say "camera in use". When trying the torch, it also says camera in use and is greyed out. Any ideas? Thanks

peter53

• Feb 6, 2011
    OnePlus One
    Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years but only recently got an account. Anyways, I recently clean installed the latest official build of LOS 18.1 and an unofficial openGAPPS build on my OnePlus One, and it runs well except the camera and torch is broken. When I open the stock camera app, even after a reboot it crashes instantly, and I cannot use any third party apps, as they say "camera in use". When trying the torch, it also says camera in use and is greyed out. Any ideas? Thanks
    I think it is a bug in this build now. I have rebooted my phone several times and about 1 out of 4 or 5 times I can get both front and rear cameras working. Sometimes only the rear camera is working, sometimes both camera are not working.

Reactions: Seb512
    @npjohnson thanks for the fixes, the 15.4 build is now working without changes to the file system.

One question according the AOSP dictionaries:
    Currently the AOSP keyboard spellchecker has the default languages included (de, en, es, fr, it, pt_br, ru)
    Is it possible to include also the additional .dict files to the build? The most of them are already included in (java/res/xml/spellchecker.xml) but the .dict files are missing. although they are committed to the LOS code.
    The unneeded ones can be later uninstalled from the menu and that was working fine the previous versions, thanks.

Additional .dict files:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...s/packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/java/res/raw
    unsure - if you have a way to include them, push a patchset to gerrit!

lom4x

Apr 18, 2010
    I've successfully dirty flashed to the 18.1 from 17.1. Here is my story.

I've had lineageOS 17.1 with encrypted /data with some 2FA apps like Google Auth and banking apps which i don't want to reinstall. First thing I've tried is to disable encryption on 17.1 as it were mentioned that full wipe required because incompatibility in encryption support between 17.1 and 18.1.

* I backup my /sdcard data with adb, than /data /system with TWRP.
    * pulled backup data to the PC
    * formatted /data from TWRP confirming that i want to remove encryption.
    * rebooted to TWRP
    * pushed backup back to the TWRP
    * restored /data from backup
    but next time I've booted to los 17.1 to temporarily remove lockscreen pattern as were suggested in this thread, OS welcomed me with encryption in progress with ETA to complete.
    So i
    * repeat formatting /data from TWRP second time
    * rebooted to TWRP
    * pushed backup to TWRP
    * restored /data from backup
    * removed /data/system/locksettings.db
    * WITHOUT reboot i've installed official los 18.1 from 22.04 and Opengapps from Tomoms thread.
    After the boot to LOS18.1 I were again welcomed with ENCRYPTION in progress screen now from los18.1
    Than I've set a lockscreen key from 18.1 setting and that's it.

lom4x

Apr 18, 2010
    Just curious, what is the difference between this and Mindthegapps? Can you get Live Captions from the Opengapps? Thanks!
    I don't have it in Settings. After a quick search it looks like it is Pixel's feature based on some AI engine in recent Pixel phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      With the latest update the camera is still not responding. Anyone found something to fix that already or am I missing something?
      After the last update i had also a problem with camera app, it doesn't open. I solved it with following, boot into recovery mode and delete cache and dalvik/art cache in twrp, then reboot to system. After that camera is working again. Maybe this helps you.
      Actually, most of them are JDI panels, some are Sharp, and I have never seen someone with Truly. Even Steve Kondik at the good old time of CM11-13 had problems with support them all just because owners of Sharp and Truly panels were hard to reach until they got bootloops :)

AFAIR Sharp's panels have better colors and higher energy consumption and mostly used on bacon's "brother" Oppo Find7a.
      it's fixed now :) - forever hopefully.
      Hi, A complete Noob here - I flashed to lineage OS 17 in Jan 2021. I am not sure if I should update to 18.1, as it says it would be even slower due to software encryption instead of device . can anyone give comment on the performance of Oneplus one with lineage 18.1 - was it slower or not much different?
      It's about the same!
      At the beginning I also started the journey with a sideload update from 17.1 but finally ended up with a clean install of 18.1 with the newest TWRP (3.5.1_9-0). The flashing worked but I had to workaround two bugs that were prevented the OS to start:

1: unlock-protection-bug
      This can be solved with the hint from @stefan.pilsu, thanks!

2: IColorEnhancement (Livedisplay)
      This causes a boot loop on "Phone is starting" and several errors in the logcat:

Deleting the IColorEnhancement-tag from manifest.xml (/system/vendor/etc/vintf/manifest.xml) will finally boot the OS. Livedisplay seems to work anyway. At the initial Livedisplay commit (from 16.0), IColorEnhancement wasn't added in the manifest since not all panels support it:
      https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oppo_msm8974-common/+/241419
      ColorEnhancement wasn't implemented before 18.1, is there a reason to add it now?
      Can this issue be confirmed and how can this be better workarounded or even fixed?
      High priority, thanks for any suggestions.

3: UI-crash on settings from nav-bar
      It's a smaller bug and this happens directly after a fresh start of the OS: when you try to open the settings through the right bottom icon in the nav-bar (or any settings of WiFi/BT/Profile) the UI crashs and restarts:
      Code:
      E WindowManager: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window null does not exist
      E WindowManager:     at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:5451)
      E WindowManager:     at com.android.server.wm.Session.actionOnWallpaper(Session.java:356)
      E WindowManager:     at com.android.server.wm.Session.setWallpaperZoomOut(Session.java:382)
      E WindowManager:     at android.view.IWindowSession$Stub.onTransact(IWindowSession.java:1154)
      E WindowManager:     at com.android.server.wm.Session.onTransact(Session.java:139)
      E WindowManager:     at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1159)
      E WindowManager:     at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1123)
      BUT when you open a notification window at first (Trust or USB mode message) and open settings in the nav-bar after it, the UI does not crash, strange.
      2 and 3 are fixed, will be fine in the next build.

Turns out bacon has 3 different display panel vendors! And one of them doesn't support colorenhancement! So had to split things out to use different hardware skis to determine what supports what feature. Hence why it worked for me but not a select few of you all.
      Can partially confirm #2: I am also having a bootloop with "Phone is starting". After a minute or so, it reboots itself.
      That only after the phone was working perfectly yesterday. It then died and I recharged it. Since then, I can't get it up and running any more.

Update:
      I managed to logcat and am getting the exact same message as @mt.

However, I can't find /vendor/etc/... Are you sure it's in that directory?

Update 2:
      Can also confirm #3 (ui crash).
      Bootloop, and the UI crash should be fixed in the next build.

Turns out bacon has 3 different display panel vendors! And one of them doesn't support colorenhancement! So had to split things out to use different hardware skis to determine what supports what feature. Hence why it worked for me but not a select few of you all.
      Am im blind or there is no more "hold back button to kill app" in dev options?
      Removed it for a variety of development based reasons.
      Hi all,

thanks for the hard work.
      Rom is near perfect, the only thing that doesn't work well on my opo is the nfc (not vital because it's not my primary phone anymore).
      I have tried several nfc cards and it rarely works.
      But I also saw that the following commit

has not yet been rebased on 18.1 branch.
      I don't know if it's still necessary.

Thanks
      Michele
      Will look into it, maybe needs to be forward ported.
      Turns out bacon has 3 different display panel vendors!
      Actually, most of them are JDI panels, some are Sharp, and I have never seen someone with Truly. Even Steve Kondik at the good old time of CM11-13 had problems with support them all just because owners of Sharp and Truly panels were hard to reach until they got bootloops :)

AFAIR Sharp's panels have better colors and higher energy consumption and mostly used on bacon's "brother" Oppo Find7a.
      lineage-os-logo.png

OnePlus One

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the OnePlus One.

Downloads:
      Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
      If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
      • None.
      • Hardware-backed encryption is broken thanks to Google dropping support for legacy credential storage from AOSP 11.0, so we just feel back to software-backed encryption. This means it is a little slower, and taxing on the CPU, in addition to the fact upgrades from older LineageOS versions are not supported. The Wiki upgrade guide notes this as well.
      • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
      Notes:
      • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps!

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974
      @npjohnson Thank you for your continued efforts into maintaining official builds for bacon. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate this. :)
      With the latest update the camera is still not responding. Anyone found something to fix that already or am I missing something?
      After the last update i had also a problem with camera app, it doesn't open. I solved it with following, boot into recovery mode and delete cache and dalvik/art cache in twrp, then reboot to system. After that camera is working again. Maybe this helps you.
      Dirty flash from :
      • Lineage OS 17.1
      • TWRP 3.5.1
      • Deactivate your unlock protection (pattern, PIN etc.) so it unlocks by simply sliding up
      Now, boot into TWRP and install (in same order and without rebooting inbetween)

• Lineage OS 18.1
      • GApps (must be Android 11 )
      • Remove or rename the file /data/system/locksettings.db by using TWRPs explorer functionality
      • Magisk
      • Reboot and unlock into Lineage 18.1 like normal and reactivate your unlock protection of choice
      @npjohnson mate, I successfully installed it but there's this weird bug which isn't allowing me to get past the security lock. After entering the security pattern, the screen kind of blanks out and then refreshes back to the lock screen. After a while, the entire screen shuts off.

I did the whole installation process again, now the display is kinda dead. The lockscreen doesn't show, but the power options after long pressing the power buttin is shown. Is this a first build bug?? I'm reverting to LOS 17.1 for now
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone