[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the OnePlus One

Search This thread

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Guess we have to wait for an update.
    Please file a bug ticket with logcat as the wiki details. I'll take a look.
    I've successfully dirty flashed to the 18.1 from 17.1. Here is my story.

I've had lineageOS 17.1 with encrypted /data with some 2FA apps like Google Auth and banking apps which i don't want to reinstall. First thing I've tried is to disable encryption on 17.1 as it were mentioned that full wipe required because incompatibility in encryption support between 17.1 and 18.1.

* I backup my /sdcard data with adb, than /data /system with TWRP.
    * pulled backup data to the PC
    * formatted /data from TWRP confirming that i want to remove encryption.
    * rebooted to TWRP
    * pushed backup back to the TWRP
    * restored /data from backup
    but next time I've booted to los 17.1 to temporarily remove lockscreen pattern as were suggested in this thread, OS welcomed me with encryption in progress with ETA to complete.
    So i
    * repeat formatting /data from TWRP second time
    * rebooted to TWRP
    * pushed backup to TWRP
    * restored /data from backup
    * removed /data/system/locksettings.db
    * WITHOUT reboot i've installed official los 18.1 from 22.04 and Opengapps from Tomoms thread.
    After the boot to LOS18.1 I were again welcomed with ENCRYPTION in progress screen now from los18.1
    Than I've set a lockscreen key from 18.1 setting and that's it.
    Happy that worked, but I wouldn't recommend, for others, not sure that will cover all cases.
    Just curious, what is the difference between this and Mindthegapps? Can you get Live Captions from the Opengapps? Thanks!
    OpenGApps 11 builds are all betas. MTG is thoroughly tested at this point.
    I don't have it in Settings. After a quick search it looks like it is Pixel's feature based on some AI engine in recent Pixel phones.
    For now it's a pixel exclusive, might not be someday. Some people have gotten it working.

onlyme111

May 2, 2021
    Google Nexus 4
    OnePlus One
    Hi, A complete Noob here - I flashed to lineage OS 17 in Jan 2021. I am not sure if I should update to 18.1, as it says it would be even slower due to software encryption instead of device . can anyone give comment on the performance of Oneplus one with lineage 18.1 - was it slower or not much different?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Hi, A complete Noob here - I flashed to lineage OS 17 in Jan 2021. I am not sure if I should update to 18.1, as it says it would be even slower due to software encryption instead of device . can anyone give comment on the performance of Oneplus one with lineage 18.1 - was it slower or not much different?
    It's about the same!

drezz2

Jul 24, 2008
    Madrid
    Does anyone know what the solution to this can be? In lineage 17 it was already happening to me, I tried 18 and it still happens to me, so I returned to 17 because it is my main phone and with version 18 there were things that were not going well for me. The fact is that lately almost every day I have to restart the mobile because it loses coverage completely, it is "without service" and I have to restart it so that it can find coverage again. Anyone knows how to solve this? change the version of the radio? (I have also verified that the coverage is very low, but I have put the sim on another mobile and I do not have these problems)

It is quite annoying, since sometimes the phone has been "without service" for hours and I have not noticed

gerald_raaf

Nov 10, 2015
    With the latest update the camera is still not responding. Anyone found something to fix that already or am I missing something?
    After the last update i had also a problem with camera app, it doesn't open. I solved it with following, boot into recovery mode and delete cache and dalvik/art cache in twrp, then reboot to system. After that camera is working again. Maybe this helps you.

wvy

Mar 18, 2012
    Does anyone know what the solution to this can be? In lineage 17 it was already happening to me, I tried 18 and it still happens to me, so I returned to 17 because it is my main phone and with version 18 there were things that were not going well for me. The fact is that lately almost every day I have to restart the mobile because it loses coverage completely, it is "without service" and I have to restart it so that it can find coverage again. Anyone knows how to solve this? change the version of the radio? (I have also verified that the coverage is very low, but I have put the sim on another mobile and I do not have these problems)

It is quite annoying, since sometimes the phone has been "without service" for hours and I have not noticed
    You're talking about the problem where the OPO eventually loses mobile signal and has to be restarted, right? Your comment has prompted me to finally write about how I've managed to resolve this issue on my device. Bear in mind that I'm using an unofficial build of LineageOS 17.1 at the moment, but I think it's quite likely that the work-around could work for the official build (including LineageOS 18.1) as well. I've posted about the work-around here. The TLDR of the post is to disable System -> Developer options -> Mobile data always active and reboot the device. I'd still recommend anyone to read my linked post though because it includes additional details about the issue.

Edit: if anybody ends up trying this work-around, please report back if it worked for you or not.

Last edited:
    Reactions: goomStar

drezz2

Jul 24, 2008
    Madrid
    You're talking about the problem where the OPO eventually loses mobile signal and has to be restarted, right? Your comment has prompted me to finally write about how I've managed to resolve this issue on my device. Bear in mind that I'm using an unofficial build of LineageOS 17.1 at the moment, but I think it's quite likely that the work-around could work for the official build (including LineageOS 18.1) as well. I've posted about the work-around here. The TLDR of the post is to disable System -> Developer options -> Mobile data always active and reboot the device. I'd still recommend anyone to read my linked post though because it includes additional details about the issue.

Edit: if anybody ends up trying this work-around, please report back if it worked for you or not.
    Yes, that is the problem, again I am in version 17, I have the lineage office, but the option you indicate I have disabled (I have never had it active) This happens to me both if I have the data active, as if I have them deactivated .. they can spend hours without looking at the phone, and when I look at it .. it is "without service" and I do not know how many hours it can take like this Lately it is happening to me very frequently and even sometimes several times a day I thought it could be related to being in an area where the mobile catches a low signal, although it has also happened to me in areas where it gave me a good signal, but it is true that the signal levels vary a lot, that is why I thought that the same Changing the radio could be solved, but with the official twrp I don't know how the radio is installed and if I have any danger of getting stuck with a brick. thanks for your answer

(To rule out that it was a sim problem, I tried a moment on a nexus 5 and it seems that the signal level it catches on that mobile is higher)

jpandino

Jun 2, 2017
    After the last update i had also a problem with camera app, it doesn't open. I solved it with following, boot into recovery mode and delete cache and dalvik/art cache in twrp, then reboot to system. After that camera is working again. Maybe this helps you.
    Thank you for the tip. It really helped with the camera working again.

Fekkik

Jan 2, 2017
    I've got a problem with Google Discover on latest build. It crashes every time when i pick article to read.
    Screenshot_20210510-052414_Logcat_Reader.png

APBNDRUM

May 18, 2016
    Thanks for the effort dev npjohnson
    Works well.
    Can I get a advanced power menu
    Advanced reboot option, my volume rockers are broken
    Thanks in advance

Likort

Feb 13, 2014
    Cologne
    When switching from 17.1 to 18.1, I got bootloops, either loading, reboot, loading over and over again, or just back to recovery after a while of dancing dots.

The combination of apps causing it was
    • Magisk 22.1 (22100)
    • Riru 25.3.4 r399
    • EdXPosed 0.5.2.2 4683

The easiest way to revert to a state that booted successfully was installing uninstall.zip (renamed Magisk zip), which also clears all Magisk modules, then, without the need for rebooting, Magisk zip again, from TWRP.
    After that, and after installing Riru, installing either EdXPosed or LSPosed triggered the bootloop again.

What finally helped was
    I think it was mainly Magisk that did the trick, as the EdXPosed nightly is from March 11, while the Magisk nightly was from May 10. LSPosed nightlies also didn't help on their own when trying various stuff.

Today Magisk 23.0 was released, and after installing, the system also booted successfully. I'll keep the EdXPosed nightly until an official update is released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi. I just manually updated to Lineage OS 18.1 from 17.1 & installation went well. But now I am not able to open camera. It crashes. Tried other camera apps on play store, but gave Unable to Open Camera error. Please help
      lineage-os-logo.png

OnePlus One

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the OnePlus One.

Downloads:
      Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
      If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
      • None.
      • Hardware-backed encryption is broken thanks to Google dropping support for legacy credential storage from AOSP 11.0, so we just feel back to software-backed encryption. This means it is a little slower, and taxing on the CPU, in addition to the fact upgrades from older LineageOS versions are not supported. The Wiki upgrade guide notes this as well.
      • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
      Notes:
      • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps!

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974
      @npjohnson Thank you for your continued efforts into maintaining official builds for bacon. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate this. :)
      With the latest update the camera is still not responding. Anyone found something to fix that already or am I missing something?
      Dirty flash from :
      • Lineage OS 17.1
      • TWRP 3.5.1
      • Deactivate your unlock protection (pattern, PIN etc.) so it unlocks by simply sliding up
      Now, boot into TWRP and install (in same order and without rebooting inbetween)

• Lineage OS 18.1
      • GApps (must be Android 11 )
      • Remove or rename the file /data/system/locksettings.db by using TWRPs explorer functionality
      • Magisk
      • Reboot and unlock into Lineage 18.1 like normal and reactivate your unlock protection of choice
      @npjohnson mate, I successfully installed it but there's this weird bug which isn't allowing me to get past the security lock. After entering the security pattern, the screen kind of blanks out and then refreshes back to the lock screen. After a while, the entire screen shuts off.

I did the whole installation process again, now the display is kinda dead. The lockscreen doesn't show, but the power options after long pressing the power buttin is shown. Is this a first build bug?? I'm reverting to LOS 17.1 for now