Try determining the cause of the battery drain. You can either start with
- installing only LineageOS
- then installing LineagesOS + GApps
- and finally LineageOS + GApps + your usual apps
to determine if the drain is actually caused by LineageOS or some other component.
Or if you want to avoid reinstalling
- leave your phone in airplane mode over night to see how much drain there is without connections,
- gradually uninstall/install apps which might drain the battery,
- regularly check the internal battery monitor to check for apps which drain the battery,
- use apps such as BetterBatteryStats to determine which apps cause wakelocks.
This is what I additionally do to improve the battery performance of my device:
- turn off WiFi/Bluetooth/Mobile Data/NFC/... and only activate these services when needed (actually, I have aeroplane mode activated most of the time because even cell tower connections drain the battery heavily while inside buildings etc.)
- uninstall apps which are not used regularly (I often find myself in situations where I install apps because they might be useful at some point, but I actually never use them).
- turn on Dark Mode system wide (white pixels are not battery-friendly).
- turn off "wake for notifications" in Lock screen settings (every time the devices wakes, it drains battery).
- turn off the "Printing" service.
- turn off "Nearby share".
- turn down the brightness until still readable, but battery-friendly.
This is what comes to my mind while writing this post. Of course, there might be further optimizations.
You mean "Trusted Face" via Smart Lock? I think this has been removed by Google in newer Android versions, see the notes for OpenGApps nano.
Thanks for your devotion, I redid all the steps but I had same results : google play services were failing (causing signal and RATP app to fail).
So I tryed older version of MindtheGapps and now version : MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210220_134931 seems to work just fine no more errors about play services failling / missing.
However I now traded my services bug with a new one : camera app doesn't work anymore (like some other in thread I saw).
Maybe it's something to do with this mindthegapps version again... ? Because I'm 100% sure it used to work before.
Might do a test tomorrow with clean LOS without any Gapps to see what happens.
Edit: was too curious to know and had to try right now.
It seems that I was right, after installing LOS without Gapps camera works flawlessly.
So should we report this to lineageOS team or mindtheGapps ?
Interesting. I do not know why the camera is affected by the installed GApps package...
Yesterday, I read on reddit that a factory reset might not kill the installed GApps package. So make sure to also format the system partition when doing a clean install. Maybe bad GApps upgrades or missing factory resets when upgrading from LineageOS 17.1 are the cause of the camera issues.
You could try a clean install (including the mentioned formatting of the system partition) with OpenGApps since they have now released packages for Android 11. Maybe this will resolve both of your issues...
i´m not sure, maybe i´ve found a bug. I tried to install my sons child-account on my old oneplus one with a fresh installed lineageos. Everything works fine - except the login to the "google family link-manager". I can add his account and validate it with my adult-account, but it hungs in a window (translated from german) "Activate Family Link-Manager". When i go next a popup goes up (again, translated from german) "This profilemanager is required for family link managed google-accounts". Press on ok brings me back to the "Activate"-Page.
I have tried to install all google-apps from the store, no problems - maybe there is a service missing...
Can anybody help me?
Unfortunately, this is a longstanding unresolved issue in LineageOS. There is nothing you can do about it. You could try installing OpenGApps instead of MindTheGApps, but it probably won't help.