• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the OnePlus One

Search This thread
Nov 14, 2017
Check mac and Bluetooth address in setting if there is no any address present then you should have at least backup of your phone's EFS partition to restore it for fixes.
You're totally right. I couldn't see any mac address on settings. and here comes my next question as I haven't touched anything regarding EFS. With that said, I don't have any backup :(

From online search, it seems requires to flash back to Oxygen OS - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-are-and-how-to-get-it-back-if-lost.3307793/ - Is it good idea to do that and is there any where I can get the official Oxygen files? It's kinda too old at this stage.

pbankar7

Jun 14, 2014
Pune, Maharashtra.
You're totally right. I couldn't see any mac address on settings. and here comes my next question as I haven't touched anything regarding EFS. With that said, I don't have any backup :(

From online search, it seems requires to flash back to Oxygen OS - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...y-are-and-how-to-get-it-back-if-lost.3307793/ - Is it good idea to do that and is there any where I can get the official Oxygen files? It's kinda too old at this stage.
I don't think after flashing oxygen os you will get back your EFS partition restored...

Link is here of all official stock roms (only last final builds) for bacon

T53N

Sep 21, 2010
Peize
plus.google.com
I am wondering if I am the only one who is having wifi dropping issues with this rom or with phone itself. Since last 2 or 3 updates, phone started suddenly losing wifi. First wifi drops, then won't connect automatically. However if connected manually, wifi gets connected but it says no internet. And no matter what you do issue persists. Couple of things I tried.

Restart the phone -- issue persists
toggle airplane mode -- wifi won't connect automatically, upon manual connection, it gets connected but no internet.
reset network setting of the phone -- didn't work
resetting the router, changing wifi bands and channels nothing works.

Only what works is when you power off the phone, and power it on after few minutes. and connect to wifi, it connects for a while and drops again.

So any ideas, what might be the issue here. Any solutions anybody can think of?
I have the same issue. Now running the 20210902 version. It's pretty annoying. Sometimes the wifi remaind connected and sometimes wifi keeps disconnecting after being connected for only several seconds.

Reactions: Mt Everest

Mt Everest

Nov 22, 2012
I have the same issue. Now running the 20210902 version. It's pretty annoying. Sometimes the wifi remaind connected and sometimes wifi keeps disconnecting after being connected for only several seconds.
Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did. So I resorted to clean flash. Well it's a hassle but it seems to be working "OK" now meaning wifi dropping is very rare, though it still happens sometimes. I suspect it might be because of my router..

T53N

Sep 21, 2010
Peize
plus.google.com
Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did. So I resorted to clean flash. Well it's a hassle but it seems to be working "OK" now meaning wifi dropping is very rare, though it still happens sometimes. I suspect it might be because of my router..
I'll try a clean install. I thought it was a bad wifi signal from the router, so I bought a new AP. But still have the same issue.

livingbeings

Jun 21, 2019
Try determining the cause of the battery drain. You can either start with
- installing only LineageOS
- then installing LineagesOS + GApps
- and finally LineageOS + GApps + your usual apps
to determine if the drain is actually caused by LineageOS or some other component.

Or if you want to avoid reinstalling
- leave your phone in airplane mode over night to see how much drain there is without connections,
- gradually uninstall/install apps which might drain the battery,
- regularly check the internal battery monitor to check for apps which drain the battery,
- use apps such as BetterBatteryStats to determine which apps cause wakelocks.

This is what I additionally do to improve the battery performance of my device:
- turn off WiFi/Bluetooth/Mobile Data/NFC/... and only activate these services when needed (actually, I have aeroplane mode activated most of the time because even cell tower connections drain the battery heavily while inside buildings etc.)
- uninstall apps which are not used regularly (I often find myself in situations where I install apps because they might be useful at some point, but I actually never use them).
- turn on Dark Mode system wide (white pixels are not battery-friendly).
- turn off "wake for notifications" in Lock screen settings (every time the devices wakes, it drains battery).
- turn off the "Printing" service.
- turn off "Nearby share".
- turn down the brightness until still readable, but battery-friendly.

This is what comes to my mind while writing this post. Of course, there might be further optimizations.

You mean "Trusted Face" via Smart Lock? I think this has been removed by Google in newer Android versions, see the notes for OpenGApps nano.

Interesting. I do not know why the camera is affected by the installed GApps package...

Yesterday, I read on reddit that a factory reset might not kill the installed GApps package. So make sure to also format the system partition when doing a clean install. Maybe bad GApps upgrades or missing factory resets when upgrading from LineageOS 17.1 are the cause of the camera issues.

You could try a clean install (including the mentioned formatting of the system partition) with OpenGApps since they have now released packages for Android 11. Maybe this will resolve both of your issues...

Unfortunately, this is a longstanding unresolved issue in LineageOS. There is nothing you can do about it. You could try installing OpenGApps instead of MindTheGApps, but it probably won't help.
Thank you for your answer,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am wondering if I am the only one who is having wifi dropping issues with this rom or with phone itself. Since last 2 or 3 updates, phone started suddenly losing wifi. First wifi drops, then won't connect automatically. However if connected manually, wifi gets connected but it says no internet. And no matter what you do issue persists. Couple of things I tried.

Restart the phone -- issue persists
    toggle airplane mode -- wifi won't connect automatically, upon manual connection, it gets connected but no internet.
    reset network setting of the phone -- didn't work
    resetting the router, changing wifi bands and channels nothing works.

Only what works is when you power off the phone, and power it on after few minutes. and connect to wifi, it connects for a while and drops again.

So any ideas, what might be the issue here. Any solutions anybody can think of?
    Where can I download Lineage 17.1 ? Seems more stable than this.
    We don't keep old builds.

What about it is more stable? 18.1 runs just as well.
    lineage-os-logo.png

OnePlus One

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for the OnePlus One.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Hardware-backed encryption is broken thanks to Google dropping support for legacy credential storage from AOSP 11.0, so we just feel back to software-backed encryption. This means it is a little slower, and taxing on the CPU, in addition to the fact upgrades from older LineageOS versions are not supported. The Wiki upgrade guide notes this as well.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps!

Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974
    First of all: It is such a nice feeling to still see passionate people maintaining this one-of-a-kind device that so many people still love and use. Huge KUDOS to all maintainers, who ever touched this piece of phone history :)

On to the topic then: I've got SLOW WIFI issues. I recognize them from earlier major releases (at least 17, maybe even 16 in some custom OSes). After a good amount of phone usage (not directly after install.. it's more like days or weeks), the WiFi-transferrate sometimes drops down really hard (for me it's like below 10% of network capacity).
    Switching Bluetooth OFF can resolve this (but can't be a permanent solution) - and it is 100% NOT an "2.4GHz interferes with Bluetooth so use 5GHz WiFi" issue.
    In earlier releases a workaround was to visit "running processes", open the PlayServices and KILL the "NearbyMessageblabla" routine.
    As I can't find anything similar sounding in the 18.1 release, I wondered if there is another switch I could try to get stable WiFi rates back.

Maybe people encountered the same behaviour, found a dirty fix or implementing an official fix could be possible with the history of former solutions in past releases.

[Android 11 (RQ2A.210505.003) // 10 June]
    Fix merged. Sorry about that!
    Anybody know how to get Netflix working with lineage 18.1.

Tried:
    without ROOT (magisk)
    with Root (magisk)
    with Root (magisk hide)

No luck: Device not supported. Both with the Netflix app (from the netflix site for not supported devices) as the latest netflix app from different app-store). I can install the app, but it doesn't work

Reverted back to Lineage 17.1, wich works fine, because I couldn't get it working under 18.1. Same with the Ziggo Go TV app, not working with 18.1, fine with 17.1: this video can not be played
    Works now.
    It is a shame that LOS 18.1 have so many bugs and problems. Will have to wait few more months before try to again deal with. Not all of them are the result of LOS implementation/development. Few features not balancing the problem and lost functions that we know and love (from 17.1). On the end (for today) - big disappointment.
    What bugs?

Camera being 50/50 is the only one I'm aware of.
    yes its a clean install, i think i found the issue LOS overwrites the TWRP recovery with its own one which only allows to wipe the data cache i installed twrp again booted into recovery after that so that it doesnt get overwritten again and wiped dalvik and data cache seems to work now ill post an update if this error would occur again
    Not unless you check the box in Updater app to do so...
    Thank you for maintaining and updating the ROM until now.

I have installed it and I see that the UI is smooth with most of important functionality works.
    However I notice that the battery performance is not good on my unit. I only get 1hr44min from 100% to 20% which is quite low even with a new battery installed.

Also I found out that the face unlock no longer available in this ROM,
    Does anyone having the same issue?
    Old phone, much more demanding OS requirements?

Face unlock was killed by Google a while ago.
    Hi there,
    i´m not sure, maybe i´ve found a bug. I tried to install my sons child-account on my old oneplus one with a fresh installed lineageos. Everything works fine - except the login to the "google family link-manager". I can add his account and validate it with my adult-account, but it hungs in a window (translated from german) "Activate Family Link-Manager". When i go next a popup goes up (again, translated from german) "This profilemanager is required for family link managed google-accounts". Press on ok brings me back to the "Activate"-Page.
    I have tried to install all google-apps from the store, no problems - maybe there is a service missing...
    Can anybody help me?

Regards
    Matthias
    Yeah, that uses SafetyNet and requires Magisk/MagiskHide.
    Now that opengapps have Android 11 release. It is compatible with this rom?
    Yup. Only small packages. Still recommend MTG personally. Guaranteed to work.
    Latest update
    lineage-18.1-20210729-nightly-bacon-signed.zip can flash and boot fine but Touchscreen does not work/respond..power and volume buttons work 😒😒
    Yeah, platform wide unfortunately, will be fixed ASAP. Disable accessibility apps for now to fix it.
    @npjohnson Thank you for your continued efforts into maintaining official builds for bacon. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate this. :)
    With the latest update the camera is still not responding. Anyone found something to fix that already or am I missing something?
    After the last update i had also a problem with camera app, it doesn't open. I solved it with following, boot into recovery mode and delete cache and dalvik/art cache in twrp, then reboot to system. After that camera is working again. Maybe this helps you.
    @npjohnson not sure if this is the right thread. I just fired up my old OnePlus One and updated it from LineageOS16 to 18.1 just to check if the phone still works. It does work. Since I don't use this phone anymore and the development for this phone still seems active I would like to donate this phone to XDA developers, if you need it. Can you guide me to the right person for this? Thank you!
    If you'd like to, you can ship it to me, and I'll make sure it finds its way into a developers hands.

Up to you! If you want to DM me.