[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (All QCOM Variants)

Search This thread
Hi, first of all a want to thank you for this ROM. It's really great!

I have two problems:
First is problem with hotspot. It looks like it's working but all my computers can't find it by wi-fi.
Seeing post above it should be fixed soon. That's OK.

Second is problem with earphones connected by minijack. I can't use them during phone calls. I can listen to music player, youtube and every sounds are working. Only during phone call is complete silence. I can't hear anybody and anybody can't hear me. I had this problem on Lineage 17.1 too.
Is there any solution for this?

I have galaxy s4 i9505 and I did fresh install by twrp 3.5.2_9-0-jflte
lineage-18.1-20210415-nightly-jfltexx + MindTheGapps + Magisk
Bootloader & modem - I9505XXUHQK1

Greetings!
Weird - 2 or 3 ring 3.5mm jack? I think we only support 3 hw wise iirc.
same here:
with a plugged headset phone call ring goes to the speaker
this is expected.

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
Oh wow... original S4 headset actually really works. I had no idea it is important to have 3 rings. I wonder why... Too bad, because I like my sennheisers more. I think it worked on stock rom.

maybe with an adapter (if such exists) ?
at least to bring voice to the headphone... or an sennheiser for samsung's..., don't know

get a backup (saved to an PC), flash stock, test & report

Last edited:

joam280

Nov 7, 2010
Malaga
Hi all,
After using since last week LOS18 in my S4 (jfltexx - I9505) I tried today to update the phone with the new release (LOS recovery installed) but after download the update when I have clicked on "Install" an error message has sorted and the update was impossible.
I tried flashing manually the last LOS recovery but same issue so finally I downloaded the package through chrome and installed manually through LOS recovery successfully.
View attachment 5276499
Good morning, I present the same error. The first time I downloaded and update manually but the second time I tried to update it gave me the same error on the last build. What recovery do I have to use? I currently have twrp 3.5

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
Good morning, I present the same error. The first time I downloaded and update manually but the second time I tried to update it gave me the same error on the last build. What recovery do I have to use? I currently have twrp 3.5
up to now there is no jfltexx 20210422 release for download yet:

but it seems it's build already:

I guess it will be ready for download in a few hours.

or was it pulled ?
Don't know !

Last edited:

Gitanitos

Jan 30, 2013
Valladolid
Samsung Galaxy S10
Well, first I had read what npjhonson has indicated in previous posts and I have ADB sideloaded the last build in order to verify if the problem is fixed.
Other thing is my recovery because for the first time I used the same TWRP than you and all is passed well then I have flashed LOS recovery un order to have automatic updates but the error happened so I tried again this automatic updates with TWRP (with the same error too) and the strange thing is when I restart in recovery I had been automatically switched to LOS recovery...
I tried another time with TWRP but again the nex restart in recovery has been in LOS recovery so I don't know what's happening in my GT-I9505

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Well, first I had read what npjhonson has indicated in previous posts and I have ADB sideloaded the last build in order to verify if the problem is fixed.
Other thing is my recovery because for the first time I used the same TWRP than you and all is passed well then I have flashed LOS recovery un order to have automatic updates but the error happened so I tried again this automatic updates with TWRP (with the same error too) and the strange thing is when I restart in recovery I had been automatically switched to LOS recovery...
I tried another time with TWRP but again the nex restart in recovery has been in LOS recovery so I don't know what's happening in my GT-I9505
Can you disable recovery update?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-185300_Telegram_FOSS.png
    Screenshot_20210419-185300_Telegram_FOSS.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 32
Good news, my GT-I9505 is updating automatically at this moment ("Update recovery" option disabled).
Next step, activate the option to update the recovery and see if this works well.
Thanks @npjohnson for your incredible work
the recovery image updates the second you check the box.

after you update OS, it updates the recovery on the next boot during boot animation.

Have fun! Good to hear.

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Seeing several reports about the OTA updates giving issues and it being apparently solved in the 210415 build, I would like to share an observation - and thank the developers for all their work!

On an I9505 (jfltexx) which I upgraded via dirty flash from 17.1 to 18.1, I wasn't able to export the downloaded 210422 update what I tend to do on that device before installing. Wasn´t possible resulting in an error - I checked on permissions and also reset all data of the updater (not settings). After successful OTA update to 210422 (had done the update before on another I9505 without issues and therefore dared to do even with this error), it was possible to export.

droi1

Sep 7, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S4
for those with same problem -> can't restore gdrive backup (Apps/device settings) mindthegapps try this Guide (german website)

Important: Skip setup wizard completly on first boot LOS 18.1 don't connect wifi/mobile data.
Login later in your Google Account with "Complete devices setup" enable usb debugging connect to PC start minimal ADB and follow website Guide above.
Now evrything is restored completly!

Last edited:

Franz666

Mar 21, 2019
Thanks for a great ROM again!

Does anybody have problems with USB storage as well? At my I9505 a 4GB USB drive connected with an OTG adapter is not recognized under LOS 18.1. But I can use it in the file manager at twrp-3.5.2_9-0. It also works at another S4 GT-I9505 still with LOS 17.1.
Only other devices like a mouse are running.
Any ideas?

Regards!

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
USB otg is unfortunately broken at the moment. But you can get access to your external storage by installing MiXplorer (which I recommend in any case) and "enable otg" in settings -> more settings

Reactions: bersem and Retrial

Savatage76

Mar 27, 2017
hello!
why if I use home button for turning screen on, the screen goes To homepage and doesn't remain in app that was opened before the screen turn off? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news, my GT-I9505 is updating automatically at this moment ("Update recovery" option disabled).
    Next step, activate the option to update the recovery and see if this works well.

after you update OS, it updates the recovery on the next boot during boot animation.

Have fun! Good to hear.
    USB otg is unfortunately broken at the moment. But you can get access to your external storage by installing MiXplorer (which I recommend in any case) and "enable otg" in settings -> more settings
    Should be fixed in next build.
    FYI:
    OTA update to 2021.04.22 is working well.
    Update file export is also working well.

this is expected.
    Aha, something learned.

So I tested with the orginal S4 headset (it's a 3 ring 3.5 mm jack) and it works (here)
    Hi, first of all a want to thank you for this ROM. It's really great!

I have two problems:
    First is problem with hotspot. It looks like it's working but all my computers can't find it by wi-fi.
    Seeing post above it should be fixed soon. That's OK.

Second is problem with earphones connected by minijack. I can't use them during phone calls. I can listen to music player, youtube and every sounds are working. Only during phone call is complete silence. I can't hear anybody and anybody can't hear me. I had this problem on Lineage 17.1 too.
    Is there any solution for this?

I have galaxy s4 i9505 and I did fresh install by twrp 3.5.2_9-0-jflte
    lineage-18.1-20210415-nightly-jfltexx + MindTheGapps + Magisk
    Bootloader & modem - I9505XXUHQK1

Greetings!
    same here:
    with a plugged headset phone call ring goes to the speaker
    this is expected.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Samsung Galaxy S4

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 18.1 thread for all Galaxy S4 variants.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • jactivelte (GT-I9295)
    • jflteatt (SGH-I337) - Please note you will need to be on bootloader I337UCUAMDB or I337UCUAMDL
    • jfltespr (SCH-R970/C/X, SPH-L720)
    • jfltevzw (SCH-I545) - Please note you need to be on bootloader I545VRUSMDK
    • jfltexx (GT-I9505/G, SGH-I337M, SGH-M919)
    • jfvelte (GT-I9515/L)

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • MHL doesn't work after LineageOS 14.1, and likely never will again, as Google dropped support for it platform-wide in AOSP.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_jf
    thanks for response and support
    This issue is now fixed. You will need to sideload the upcoming build by hand to get back on track though.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
    Should be fixed in next build.

Have fun! Good to hear.
    Update to lineage-18.1-20210408-nightly-jfltexx-signed.zip by TWRP (Install).
    At first glance, everything works fine.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone