[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 21 for Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)

Search This thread

raalph1

Dec 9, 2018
welcome, there is a bug in lineage-19.1-20230112-nightly-sagit-signed.

Second sim card is not showing up. You need to eject sim cards and insert them again and then its working. This is each time you restart your phone. My two sim cards have the same operator ( maybe that is problem ). In lineage 18.1 everything was ok.

Roddy_Perry

Feb 14, 2012
welcome, there is a bug in lineage-19.1-20230112-nightly-sagit-signed.

Second sim card is not showing up. You need to eject sim cards and insert them again and then its working. This is each time you restart your phone. My two sim cards have the same operator ( maybe that is problem ). In lineage 18.1 everything was ok.
Did you do an update from 18.1 or a full wipe? I had the same problem and it fixed itself after doing a full wipe and reinstall...

raalph1

Dec 9, 2018
Did you do an update from 18.1 or a full wipe? I had the same problem and it fixed itself after doing a full wipe and reinstall...
Yes I did dirty flash from 18.1 to 19.1. I dont want to do a full wipe, will try not to restart my phone too often :)

Did you have any problems with twrp recovery? Now I cant decrypt data in recovery. I have no password but twrp is asking for password. This problem is only in twrp. Updated twrp to 3.7.0 but still the same.

Roddy_Perry

Feb 14, 2012
Yes I did dirty flash from 18.1 to 19.1. I dont want to do a full wipe, will try not to restart my phone too often :)

Did you have any problems with twrp recovery? Now I cant decrypt data in recovery. I have no password but twrp is asking for password. This problem is only in twrp. Updated twrp to 3.7.0 but still the same.
Yeah, I understand. It's really a pain to have to reinstall every time...

I have the same problem with TWRP... There are a couple of solutions online but I'm too lazy to try them.
I will stay on LOS19.1 for a while until I get tired of it and decide to reinstall from scratch. At the moment I'm not that motivated to upgrade as everything works great on 19.1.

raalph1

Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, I understand. It's really a pain to have to reinstall every time...

I have the same problem with TWRP... There are a couple of solutions online but I'm too lazy to try them.
I will stay on LOS19.1 for a while until I get tired of it and decide to reinstall from scratch. At the moment I'm not that motivated to upgrade as everything works great on 19.1.
I also dont want to make it worse. My plan is to install lineage 20 from scratch but not now. Maybe closer to end of this year :) thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Roddy_Perry

SamuelsonLB

Feb 16, 2020
Hello!

I'm having problems with a clean install of LOS 20.0 + NikGApps Core + Magisk 25.2. When the smartphone goes into deep sleep, I stop receiving notifications and when I open any applications it closes after 1 second. What happen?

Thanks!

raalph1

Dec 9, 2018
Hello!

I'm having problems with a clean install of LOS 20.0 + NikGApps Core + Magisk 25.2. When the smartphone goes into deep sleep, I stop receiving notifications and when I open any applications it closes after 1 second. What happen?

Thanks!
Maybe for now its better to use 19.1 and wait few months until this LOS 20 will be patched?

Pierre3400

Dec 2, 2013
Hello,
I have a Xiaomi Mi6, and i want to install LineageOS onto it. I have played around and used CyanogenMod in past, so i have no big worry about installing the os, but i have questions about this. Reading on page one, i see its 18.1, but when i click the download link, i see that v20.x is there.
Is the newest confirmed version for the Xiaomi Mi6 the 18.1, or has it been updated to be able to run the v20.x?

Basically, i just dont want to download and play around with a version that does not work on my phone. I want to get rid of the xiaomi OS, cos of the bloatware that i cant remove, and i know the phone is old, but there are no options for me to buy a new one, and i like my mi6 alot for the size in hand, something phone makers are finally moving back towards (S22) but at a stupid high price. My Mi6 has a new battery and feel just like a new phone to me, apart from the OS.

So in short, which version of LineageOS am i looking to install on my Mi6 for the most painfree (bugfree) experience?

Roddy_Perry

Feb 14, 2012
Hello,
I have a Xiaomi Mi6, and i want to install LineageOS onto it. I have played around and used CyanogenMod in past, so i have no big worry about installing the os, but i have questions about this. Reading on page one, i see its 18.1, but when i click the download link, i see that v20.x is there.
Is the newest confirmed version for the Xiaomi Mi6 the 18.1, or has it been updated to be able to run the v20.x?

Basically, i just dont want to download and play around with a version that does not work on my phone. I want to get rid of the xiaomi OS, cos of the bloatware that i cant remove, and i know the phone is old, but there are no options for me to buy a new one, and i like my mi6 alot for the size in hand, something phone makers are finally moving back towards (S22) but at a stupid high price. My Mi6 has a new battery and feel just like a new phone to me, apart from the OS.

So in short, which version of LineageOS am i looking to install on my Mi6 for the most painfree (bugfree) experience?
I have 19.1 and it's rock solid. This phone has been my daily driver since I bought it in 2017 and I have installed every LOS version available. I would say 19.1 has been the most stable of all. Every works for me, even dual sim. Obviosly with time it will come outdated as no more updates are being pushed, but by then LOS20 will be as good as LOS19.1 is now for me I hope.

Pierre3400

Dec 2, 2013
I have 19.1 and it's rock solid. This phone has been my daily driver since I bought it in 2017 and I have installed every LOS version available. I would say 19.1 has been the most stable of all. Every works for me, even dual sim. Obviosly with time it will come outdated as no more updates are being pushed, but by then LOS20 will be as good as LOS19.1 is now for me I hope.
Thank you for the reply.

Now i just need to work out how to install it, i havnt done this stuff since i had an LG G3.
I find the instructions confusing also, haha.

The plan is to factory reset the phone, and then before in time at least, i would hook up to a pc, and then load the OS onto the phone, and then with bootloader run it. But all videos i watch seem to make it like i download on phone and then install that way?

Roddy_Perry

Feb 14, 2012
Thank you for the reply.

Now i just need to work out how to install it, i havnt done this stuff since i had an LG G3.
I find the instructions confusing also, haha.

The plan is to factory reset the phone, and then before in time at least, i would hook up to a pc, and then load the OS onto the phone, and then with bootloader run it. But all videos i watch seem to make it like i download on phone and then install that way?
I normally do it from the phone but the first time you'll need a PC with Windows or Linux to push the recovery once you have unlock the phone. I don't remember exactly but it was very straightforward. I am no linux guru (just a regular windows user that happens to like linux more 😊) and it's very easy to install the tools you need directly from the command line, at least in Ubuntu. But there are lots of tutorials online and the instructions on LineageOS are ok. Just do it, it is not that complicated and there not that many things that can convert your phone into a paperweight 😁

Pierre3400

Dec 2, 2013
What do you mean by unlock?

I normally do it from the phone but the first time you'll need a PC with Windows or Linux to push the recovery once you have unlock the phone. I don't remember exactly but it was very straightforward. I am no linux guru (just a regular windows user that happens to like linux more 😊) and it's very easy to install the tools you need directly from the command line, at least in Ubuntu. But there are lots of tutorials online and the instructions on LineageOS are ok. Just do it, it is not that complicated and there not that many things that can convert your phone into a paperweight 😁

Roddy_Perry

Feb 14, 2012
What do you mean by unlock?
For example:

Search this site and there are lots of info. This is quite OT and the MODs witll come after us so lets just leave it at this OK? :) Come back when you have more specific questions about this particular ROM.

Reactions: Pierre3400

SamuelsonLB

Feb 16, 2020
Hello! In LOS 19.1 I can't find the wake screen for notifications settings. I want to disable this option but it doesn't appear.

hi,There is a bug after Xiaomi 6 updates lineageos20. When the screen expires and stops automatically, it will automatically light up and keep repeating. But when I turn off the screen with the power button, this bright screen problem will not occur. Please correct this problem, thank you

hi,There is a bug after Xiaomi 6 updates lineageos20. When the screen expires and stops automatically, it will automatically light up and keep repeating. But when I turn off the screen with the power button, this bright screen problem will not occur. Please correct this problem, thank you,

@NeoArian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the QPR2 update (the march security patch/pixel feature drop) introduced some breaking changes, which deprecated our radio hal. We try to get sagit, and other devices with the same issue, supported again but in order to not hold newer devices from shipping with newer security patches again, the affected devices have been removed from the build list for now.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/COLOR]

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on sagit

Downloads
    Download LineageOS for Xiaomi Mi 6.

If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    More information about Google apps can be found here.

Source code:
    xiaomi msm8998 kernel
    sagit specific device tree
    xiaomi msm8998-common device tree

Changelog:
    Changes for sagit

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    As some of you already noticed, we started working on LineageOS 19.1 for Mi 6 and Mix 2. You can find builds here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/sagit/lineage-19.1/ Note that google apps are included.
    They latest build should be working pretty good, but swiping up on lockscreen (when not using fingerprint sensor) needs to be done slowly (the system thinks that it's an accidental swipe up, i didn't figure that out yet).

You can find automated release messages about future builds here: https://t.me/releases_by_arian
    Due to the QPR2 update (the march security patch/pixel feature drop) introduced some breaking changes, which deprecated our radio hal. We try to get sagit, and other devices with the same issue, supported again but in order to not hold newer devices from shipping with newer security patches again, the affected devices have been removed from the build list for now.
    Earlier today, this happened in the Releases by Arian Telegram group. If this ends up materializing as an official LineageOS 20 image when the time comes, I'm going to be really grateful, @NeoArian. Thanks for not forgetting this device.

I show off Phone Information screenshots of my 5 year-old Mi 6 phone to geeky friends, and they are always truly amazed.

LineageOS 20.0 for Xiaomi MI 6 (sagit)

📅 Build date: 2023-01-03
    🛡️ Security patch: 2022-12-05
    💬 Variant: VANILLA

🗒️ Changelog (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arian-ota/changelog/lineage-20/sagit.txt)

Download
    ⬇️ lineage-20 (https://github.com/arian-ota/ota/re...5e/lineage-20.0-20230103-UNOFFICIAL-sagit.zip)
    ⛭ GitHub release / additional files (https://github.com/arian-ota/ota/releases/tag/20.0-sagit-704da75e)

SHA-256 checksum
    704da75ed57272b438699cc1d0b918626335aced126d05a4971d045bb71351ac

#sagit
    I'm posting a total success with my upgrade to 18.1:

- Previous version was last 17.1 image
    - I had problems flashing lineage recovery so I flashed latest TWRP (it ended up being an issue with the cable, though)

Once booted into TWRP:
    - Flashed latest firmware just in case, but I'm pretty sure I was up to date
    - Dirty flashed LineageOS 18.1 20210603
    - I flashed MindTheGapps
    - I flashed @NeoArian's Miui camera from late in the 17.1 thread.

Everything worked flawlessly, Miui camera included! 😎 I only had to reverse the back button again in the preferences.

I had a weird charging issue since January (it would only charge if I plugged the cable in and then rebooted), which is now gone too.

11/10, this is awesome!