• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)

Search This thread

edips90

Jun 24, 2016
Which version of LOS are you currently running?

Your version of MUII Camera is the same I have and that is not working anymore with 20210805, 20210819 nor 20210826 versions.
I've just updated to 20210826, installed your version (just in case there's a difference with "mine" I did not see), wiped cache/Dalvik and it still doesn't work.

It was working with 20210722.
I was using the latest version of 17.1 and I installed 20210819 version using TWRP sideload. I didn't wipe or format anything. Then I installed Google apps and then MIUI camera. It was working but after I updated to 26082021 version it doesn't work :) I think Google Cam is better than MIUI so I don't think to install it again.

XiCO FiR3

Nov 11, 2014
MIUI Camera allows to use the 2x optical zoom (the second lens), that's why I'd like to be able to use it.
Or find a way to enable it on Google Cam (or other app).

You can use 2x optical zoom on google camera search for "MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1n" on google and you will find it.
It works really well the 2x camera is actualy usable with this camera.

My only complains are the auto focus, manual focus and I can't force more than 1s exposure time in night mode.

You can't switch lenses while a photo is being processed.

Klug

Jan 22, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
That's the Google App IIRC. I have an old version (7.x) on my Mi6 and it works.
However, if I enabled (in the options) the second lens (teleobjectif) and tries to use it, the app exits and can't be used anymore (exit on launch). I have to delete all memory/cache used by the app to be able to use it again.

I've checked the new version you're suggesting and installed it.
It shows two "button" one 1x and one 1.7x, I can switch from one the the other.
I'll do some additionnal tests but it seems ok.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

iarrovawo

Apr 19, 2020
I installed this ROM for a daily use and it works well (not all functions were tested, though).

But after updated ROM by OTA the MIUI Camera and Magisk dissapeared. How can I update by OTA and mantain MIUI Camera and Magisk?

Klug

Jan 22, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
After OTA update, MIUI Camera doesn't work anymore anyway (see previous posts on this).
The behaviour on my phone was the same (disappear with OTA update) but as it doesn't work, I don't really care.

About Magisk, it stays on my own phone when I do an OTA update (both the "boot module" and the app) ; the apps that need to be root are still root.
I don't remember doing anything special for this.

Dissolve63

Sep 8, 2021
Problem:
Please complete action required by Google Play.
Contact, SMS, etc.

Cant set require a SMS for Service Google Play (don`t save change).
ROM: LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6
GAPPS: MindTheGapps (arm64)

edips90

Jun 24, 2016
I use this ROM for 2 weeks. It is good for daily use. User interface is the same with 17.1, I didn't feel any change. But battery life was a little better on 17.1. Performance is a slow compared to 17.1. Bluetooth works for car radio. But bluetooth doesn't work when sending a file from Windows 10 to the phone for both 17.1 and 18.1. I think to stay with 18.1 as I believe it will be better with new updates. It is very good that I didn't do factory reset when I switched from 17.1 to 18.1.

Reactions: Nagodnagod

lfx123456

Sep 22, 2021
刷机首先,清除双清,然后格式化手机,刷入系统包,需要刷入底包吗?我是MIUI的系统,我用的是第三方的rec,看看我这个刷机方法是不是正确的?

Gabb]

Oct 1, 2021
Hey guys,
i have a problem with installing Lineage on my Mi6.
Im a bit new to this so please be forgiving.

From the beginning: I Succeeded installing the latest Version using Orange Recovery.
Then i tried to encrypt it, and encryption got stuck at "0.00 minutes remaining"
I restarted the phone and it said than encryption failed and i had to factory reset the phone.
I rebooted to OrangeFox but could not do anything there. Not Wipe, not change Filesystem, not Reset. It always said "unable to mount".
I then tried to flash twrp via fastboot since all the workarounds i found where for twrp, which showed as successful but i cannot boot to recovery now.
The courrent status is: phone boots to fastboot. Everything i tried leads to the phone booting to fastboot.
I even tried to flash the Stock recovery which did not work.
Any ideas? I Hope i did not brick the device.

Thanks in advance.

Gabb]

Oct 1, 2021
Well, ive come one step further: I managed to flash Stock ROM using miflash and now i can boot it.
Not i want to try again. My problem is still that i cant get into TWRP and i cant get into OrangeFox. I trief them both, flashing them with fastboot flash recovery and then either manual reboot into recovery or fastboot boot twrp.img. Then i use the latter, the phone gets stuck on start screen until i restart.
Any Help?

Also: if this is the wrong place to ast these questions, please tell me :)

nefescalanadam

Aug 27, 2012
İstanbul
Well, ive come one step further: I managed to flash Stock ROM using miflash and now i can boot it.
Not i want to try again. My problem is still that i cant get into TWRP and i cant get into OrangeFox. I trief them both, flashing them with fastboot flash recovery and then either manual reboot into recovery or fastboot boot twrp.img. Then i use the latter, the phone gets stuck on start screen until i restart.
Any Help?

Hi, can you try this step again like in video please?

Reactions: Gabb]

Gabb]

Oct 1, 2021
Thanks a lot, it worked. I made a mistake with it before.

Not that i've come so far, there is still a followup question:

I've installed the latest Linage version. My issue now is that Lineage shows the system as encrypted, but does not ask a password to decrypt while booting.
I also didnt start the encryption in the first place.
Before installing, i formated data and wiped.
I tried formatin again and wiping again, then reinstalling Lineage. Same issue -> encryption is enabled but no password is asked.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Oct 5, 2021
Am I the only one having issues trying to connect to wifi with enterprise auth?
When connecting to wifi with PEAP method and MSCHAP2 auth phase2, it stuck asking me for a Domain also if I select to "Do not validate" the certificate, making in practice impossible to connect to the network.

micaralo

Mar 14, 2018
I installed it but after a day of use I will be right back to last Xiaomi.EU ROM though the Android version is pretty older there.

I found two three problems for me:
  1. The most important one: the alarm clock doesn't wake the phone to play the alarm at morning... (and it has Power Off Alarm permission)
  2. I can't enable screen gestures instead of navigation buttons
  3. I can't get widgets commuters in the desktop of essential system functions as lock, power off, enable wifi/mobile data/bluetooth...
Probably the two last problems can be solved with apps but the first problem of the non-wake up device alarm clock is pretty important to me.

Gabb]

Oct 1, 2021
Hey guys,
i still have the encryption problem:
when i try to encrypt the phone, it gets stuck at 0.00 seconds left.
If i restart the phone, it says "encryption unsuccessful" and leaves me with the only option to factory reset.

I then can reboot to recovery, do the factory reset, repair the file system and then reboot to lineage.

I found this: https://zmatt.net/android-device-encryption-hang/
but i dont have enough knowledge to try that solution and also cannot tell if this fits my problem at all.

Is there any ideas how to get the encryption to work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any Help?

Hi, can you try this step again like in video please?

2okPze5.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/COLOR]

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on sagit

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6.
    ###
    The first builds is still running and will be up within a few hours. https://buildkite.com/lineageos/android/builds/32355
    ###
    If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    Recommended Google apps package: MindTheGapps (choose arm64).
    More information about Google apps can be found here.

Sourcecode:
    xiaomi msm8998 kernel
    sagit specific device tree
    xiaomi msm8998-common device tree

Changelog:
    Changes for sagit

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    I'm posting a total success with my upgrade to 18.1:

- Previous version was last 17.1 image
    - I had problems flashing lineage recovery so I flashed latest TWRP (it ended up being an issue with the cable, though)

Once booted into TWRP:
    - Flashed latest firmware just in case, but I'm pretty sure I was up to date
    - Dirty flashed LineageOS 18.1 20210603
    - I flashed MindTheGapps
    - I flashed @NeoArian's Miui camera from late in the 17.1 thread.

Everything worked flawlessly, Miui camera included! 😎 I only had to reverse the back button again in the preferences.

I had a weird charging issue since January (it would only charge if I plugged the cable in and then rebooted), which is now gone too.

11/10, this is awesome!
    Hi all.

I upgraded yesterday from 17.1 (end of april or may version?) to last 18.1.

First I replaced the old OrangeFox Recovery I had with TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 (dirty flash to recovery, boot to recovery).

Then I dirty flashed from TWRP, in a single operation:
    . lineageos 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-sagit-signed.zip)
    . magisk (v23)
    . NikGapps Core (NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210718-signed.zip)
    . MiuiCamera (from this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-lineageos-17-1-for-sagit.4077651/page-25#post-85011613 )

And rebooted.
    Everything seems to work fine (android auto and bluetooth to be tested).

Thanks a lot for this.
    Excellent work thank you!

I have an issue with AA - as as soon as I connect my phone to the car, Bluetooth disconnects, and am unable to play music through the car speakers. Instead, the music comes through the phone speakers.

Anyone faced the same issue?

I also had the Bluetooth issue mentioned above, but solved it by disabling HD in developer options.

Cheers!
    This is just bad timing for Sagit that bluetooth got ruined upstream, issue fixed now, so next build, the bluetooth issues will be gone.

the offending two commits that caused the issue:

and the fix that got merged already:
    Made a clean fresh install, encountered the same bluetooth issue, https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3529. Everything else is great. Thanks again Arian for the great work.
    Bluetooth issue solved , i turn off this option.