• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)

Search This thread

Marks_it

Am I the only one having issues trying to connect to wifi with enterprise auth?
When connecting to wifi with PEAP method and MSCHAP2 auth phase2, it stuck asking me for a Domain also if I select to "Do not validate" the certificate, making in practice impossible to connect to the network.
I had same issue and had to install a certificate issued by my enterprise. All working now.

xDjRtjedAGa

May 24, 2021
I just updated my Mi 6 to the latest version of Lineageos using the Lineageos updater, but after this update the capacitive home button doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone else have this problem or knows how to fix it (preferably without losing all data)?

nonno.michele

Jan 15, 2012
Hi, a couple of days ago I made a clean install of 18.1-20211028-NIGHTLY-sagit.
FW version is MI6Global_V11.0.6.0.PCAMIXM.
Everything seems to work fine but ANT+ support, that was working on the official LOS 17.1.

I installed the ANT radio service and the ANT+ Plugins service apks from the play store but to no avail.
Then I used the ANT Tester app to check the support status and I see some strange errors (https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2597 links to a similar apparently unresolved LOS issue, where the ANT tester cannot find the service and the ANT permission is not available).

So I had a look at the dmesg and I see a lot of
[ 49.985282] init: Control message: Could not find '[email protected]::IAntHci/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 600 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
From the logcat I see a lot of similar errors:
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 2848 E antradio: ANT radio status =0
[...]
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : Outgoing transactions from this process must be FLAG_ONEWAY
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : java.lang.Throwable
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(BinderProxy.java:511)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.server.IAntHalCallback$Stub$Proxy.antHalStateChanged(IAntHalCallback.java:137)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.server.AntService.setState(AntService.java:145)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.server.AntService.access$1300(AntService.java:41)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.server.AntService$5.ANTStateChange(AntService.java:693)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.core.JAntJava.nativeCb_AntStateChange(JAntJava.java:284)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.core.JAntJava.nativeJAnt_Enable(Native Method)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.core.JAntJava.enable(JAntJava.java:132)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.server.AntService.enableBlocking(AntService.java:311)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.server.AntService.access$300(AntService.java:41)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at com.dsi.ant.server.AntService$2.run(AntService.java:363)
11-03 21:38:50.875 1468 6143 W Binder : at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)
[...]
11-03 21:38:50.880 1468 6143 I system_server: ant_interface_init: start
11-03 21:38:50.880 1468 6143 I system_server: hci_initialize
11-03 21:38:50.881 600 600 I hwservicemanager: Since [email protected]::IAntHci/default is not registered, trying to start it as a lazy HAL.
11-03 21:38:50.882 600 600 I hwservicemanager: Since [email protected]::IAntHci/default is not registered, trying to start it as a lazy HAL.
11-03 21:38:50.882 1468 6143 I HidlServiceManagement: getService: Trying again for [email protected]::IAntHci/default...
11-03 21:38:50.884 600 6144 W libc : Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "[email protected]::IAntHci/default": error code: 0x20
11-03 21:38:50.884 600 6146 W libc : Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "[email protected]::IAntHci/default": error code: 0x20
11-03 21:57:21.492 0 0 E init : Control message: Could not find '[email protected]::IAntHci/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 600 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)

Do anyone else has the same issue and/or any idea on how to solve it?
Thanks

Laorenzt

Oct 28, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 6
Attempting to upgrade Mi 6 from 17.1 to 18.1 using macOS. This is following LineageOS wiki documentation on macOS and documents the walls I ran into while trying to do so.

1. Followed https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sagit/upgrade steps. Failing at Step 2: setting up adb. https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide.html#on-macos Step 3 says: add some lines to ~/.bash_profile but when navigating to that location, finder says The folder can't be found.. So for users without that file, the step to first create that file is missing (e.g. https://redfinsolutions.com/blog/creating-bashprofile-your-mac).
  2. Next failing at https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide.html#setting-up-adb step 6 On the computer, open up a terminal/command prompt and type adb devices. with Output: zsh: command not found: adb
    Brief search turns up https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23090390/is-there-anything-in-zsh-like-bash-profile. Redo steps to create .zshenv instead of .bash_profile and add lines as suggested in wiki.
  3. Boot into fastboot. fastboot devices shows device id fastboot. Great!
  4. Failing at Step 3 of https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sagit/upgrade `select “Root Access Options”, and finally “ADB Only”`. Is this referring to `Rooted debugging` in the Debugging section? If yes, the terminology in wiki is maybe wrong? Checked the entire developer options but there is no Root Access Options and no "ADB Only". Probably only wrong terminology, moving on.
  5. adb reboot sideload loads TRWP.
  6. Executing adb sideload /Users/username/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20211028-nightly-sagit-signed.zip results in failure.
adb: sideload connection failed: closed adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method... adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: closed

Solution was, boot into TWRP and there select Extended > start ADB Sideload. Then execute adb sideload /Users/username/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20211028-nightly-sagit-signed.zip in Terminal on macOS.

There are several steps that could be improved in the wiki. Not sure how this is handled though.

Last edited:

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Attempting to upgrade Mi 6 from 17.1 to 18.1 using macOS. This is following LineageOS wiki documentation on macOS and documents the walls I ran into while trying to do so.

1. Followed https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sagit/upgrade steps. Failing at Step 2: setting up adb. https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide.html#on-macos Step 3 says: add some lines to ~/.bash_profile but when navigating to that location, finder says The folder can't be found.. So for users without that file, the step to first create that file is missing (e.g. https://redfinsolutions.com/blog/creating-bashprofile-your-mac).
  2. Next failing at https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide.html#setting-up-adb step 6 On the computer, open up a terminal/command prompt and type adb devices. with Output: zsh: command not found: adb
    Brief search turns up https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23090390/is-there-anything-in-zsh-like-bash-profile. Redo steps to create .zshenv instead of .bash_profile and add lines as suggested in wiki.
  3. Boot into fastboot. fastboot devices shows device id fastboot. Great!
  4. Failing at Step 3 of https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sagit/upgrade `select “Root Access Options”, and finally “ADB Only”`. Is this referring to `Rooted debugging` in the Debugging section? If yes, the terminology in wiki is maybe wrong? Checked the entire developer options but there is no Root Access Options and no "ADB Only". Probably only wrong terminology, moving on.
  5. adb reboot sideload loads TRWP.
  6. Executing adb sideload /Users/username/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20211028-nightly-sagit-signed.zip results in failure.
adb: sideload connection failed: closed adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method... adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: closed

Solution was, boot into TWRP and there select Extended > start ADB Sideload. Then execude adb sideload /Users/username/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20211028-nightly-sagit-signed.zip in Terminal on macOS.

There are several steps that could be improved in the wiki. Not sure how this is handled though.
Thanks for your feedback!
Regarding the first issue, the ADB instructions for Mac os operate under the assumption that your default shell is bash instead of zsh. I'm aware that this is not the default anymore, I will see if we can update that.
Your second issue results from the old instructions in 1.
The 3rd issue is indeed valid, on lineage 17 and above the setting is changed to a rooted debugging switch, that needs to be updated on the wiki too.
Your last issue is due to your recovery, twrp doesn't properly start sideload mode. If you use the recommended lineage recovery that won't be an issue.

Many thanks for the detailed report again!

Greetings,
Arian

Reactions: Laorenzt

Laorenzt

Oct 28, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 6
Thanks for your feedback!
Regarding the first issue, the ADB instructions for Mac os operate under the assumption that your default shell is bash instead of zsh. I'm aware that this is not the default anymore, I will see if we can update that.
Your second issue results from the old instructions in 1.
The 3rd issue is indeed valid, on lineage 17 and above the setting is changed to a rooted debugging switch, that needs to be updated on the wiki too.
Your last issue is due to your recovery, twrp doesn't properly start sideload mode. If you use the recommended lineage recovery that won't be an issue.

Many thanks for the detailed report again!

Greetings,
Arian
Thanks for picking up the feedback and not taking it the wrong way. This was indeed meant as constructive feedback in the hope that the wiki could be updated. I am really new to LineageOS and just taking my first baby steps so providing this writeup was the least I could do, while I did not feel confident enough to edit the wiki and prefer to leave that to the veterans for now.

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Thanks for picking up the feedback and not taking it the wrong way. This was indeed meant as constructive feedback in the hope that the wiki could be updated. I am really new to LineageOS and just taking my first baby steps so providing this writeup was the least I could do, while I did not feel confident enough to edit the wiki and prefer to leave that to the veterans for now.
That's okay, i tried to write your changes up to the wiki. Here is a preview of the changes: https://lineage.harryyoud.co.uk/318666/3/devices/sagit/upgrade If you have any further recommendations please share them with me!

Regarding the rooted debugging, it's not needed anymore when upgrading to 17.1 so i specified that instead of adding the new location in settings.

Reactions: Laorenzt

DMTwo

Apr 24, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 6
Hi guys!

I upgraded last tuesday from latest MIUI (miui_MI6Global_V11.0.6.0.PCAMIXM_47fd8ee4ef_9.0) directly to LOS 18.1.

- I replaced the stock recovery by TWRP (twrp-3.5.2_9-0-sagit.img)
- And using TWRP I flashed the Lineageos 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20211104-nightly-sagit-signed.zip)
- Also flashed OpenGapps Nano (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20211105.zip)
- And rebooted.

Unfortunatelly my fingerprint sensor and home button wasn`t working anymore...

Please someone could point if I miss something?
All other tested functions are Ok, I also feel My Mi 6 better and faster, but this issue really annoys me.

It it possible to fix this issue?

NeoArian

Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Hi guys!

I upgraded last tuesday from latest MIUI (miui_MI6Global_V11.0.6.0.PCAMIXM_47fd8ee4ef_9.0) directly to LOS 18.1.

- And using TWRP I flashed the Lineageos 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20211104-nightly-sagit-signed.zip)
- And rebooted.

All other tested functions are Ok, I also feel My Mi 6 better and faster, but this issue really annoys me.

Can you try to fastboot flash the MIUI firmware again and repeat the LineageOS installation?
If that doesn't help, do you have a goodix or fpc fingerprint sensor? Can you get a logcat while the device is booting?

srafaels

Dec 27, 2015
Hi. After updating to the yesterday version I got no sim phone signal. Anyone facing this too?

Carlinyos18

Oct 17, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 6
Hi guys!

- And rebooted.

Any news @DMTwo ? I have the same issue.

istanblues

Jan 28, 2014
help please.
i have twrp 3.6.0_9-0 , xiaomi_eu 20.3.26 . wipe dalvik,cache,system,vendor,data,internal storage and after install in TWRP with no error lineage-18.1-20220106-nightly-sagit-signed.zip i have bootloop to TWRP
Try flash Gapps again. Wipe cache and restart the phone. Not same as before. It crashes some apps, but this way starts the phone. When it starts try backup your apps with migrate app, and then you can do clean installation.
It happened to me also. I wish I take backup system 😞

dard3vil

Feb 8, 2015
Try flash Gapps again. Wipe cache and restart the phone. Not same as before. It crashes some apps, but this way starts the phone. When it starts try backup your apps with migrate app, and then you can do clean installation.
It happened to me also. I wish I take backup system 😞
I dont flash gapps . I flash only LOS .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/COLOR]

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on sagit

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6.
    ###
    The first builds is still running and will be up within a few hours. https://buildkite.com/lineageos/android/builds/32355
    ###
    If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    Recommended Google apps package: MindTheGapps (choose arm64).
    More information about Google apps can be found here.

Sourcecode:
    xiaomi msm8998 kernel
    sagit specific device tree
    xiaomi msm8998-common device tree

Changelog:
    Changes for sagit

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    I'm posting a total success with my upgrade to 18.1:

- Previous version was last 17.1 image
    - I had problems flashing lineage recovery so I flashed latest TWRP (it ended up being an issue with the cable, though)

Once booted into TWRP:
    - Flashed latest firmware just in case, but I'm pretty sure I was up to date
    - Dirty flashed LineageOS 18.1 20210603
    - I flashed MindTheGapps
    - I flashed @NeoArian's Miui camera from late in the 17.1 thread.

Everything worked flawlessly, Miui camera included! 😎 I only had to reverse the back button again in the preferences.

I had a weird charging issue since January (it would only charge if I plugged the cable in and then rebooted), which is now gone too.

11/10, this is awesome!
    Hi all.

I upgraded yesterday from 17.1 (end of april or may version?) to last 18.1.

First I replaced the old OrangeFox Recovery I had with TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 (dirty flash to recovery, boot to recovery).

Then I dirty flashed from TWRP, in a single operation:
    . lineageos 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20210722-nightly-sagit-signed.zip)
    . magisk (v23)
    . NikGapps Core (NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210718-signed.zip)
    . MiuiCamera (from this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-lineageos-17-1-for-sagit.4077651/page-25#post-85011613 )

And rebooted.
    Everything seems to work fine (android auto and bluetooth to be tested).

Thanks a lot for this.
    Excellent work thank you!

I have an issue with AA - as as soon as I connect my phone to the car, Bluetooth disconnects, and am unable to play music through the car speakers. Instead, the music comes through the phone speakers.

Anyone faced the same issue?

I also had the Bluetooth issue mentioned above, but solved it by disabling HD in developer options.

Cheers!
    This is just bad timing for Sagit that bluetooth got ruined upstream, issue fixed now, so next build, the bluetooth issues will be gone.

the offending two commits that caused the issue:

and the fix that got merged already:
    bro arian boy when you will giB android 12 for mi 6 ?