[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 21 for Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)

Search This thread

srafaels

Dec 27, 2015
Thank you so much, @NeoArian ! The latest global stable firmware for android 9 (V11.0.6.0.PCAMIXM) works well with this version of LineAge OS?

Roddy_Perry

Feb 14, 2012
Thank you so much, @NeoArian ! The latest global stable firmware for android 9 (V11.0.6.0.PCAMIXM) works well with this version of LineAge OS?
One page back... 7th comment (by me...)... 4th Line. Shouldn't be too difficult to find.
Guys, please read the comments before asking. People take their time to write them, you should take your time to read them...

srafaels

Dec 27, 2015
One page back... 7th comment (by me...)... 4th Line. Shouldn't be too difficult to find.
Guys, please read the comments before asking. People take their time to write them, you should take your time to read them...

I saw your post, buddy. But firmware is always a doubt for me. Sorry for asking.

kot7k

Aug 23, 2011
Yes i was coming from official lineage 17.1. No, at first i didn´t install any other gapps with 18.1, i wrongly thought that i didn't need to do that cause i already had them in 17.1

With location, i'm still having issues i CAN grant permissions to apps that need lotacion but the apps doesnt seem to be able to use it. I might try different gapps as this ones are giving me trouble.
If that doesn't fix it , i may aswell try to install everything from scratch.
Just sharing my experience in case is useful for others.

At the end i had to clear data again (tried reinstall with latest nightly and gapps and had a bootloop) and reinstall everything with nikgapps and latest build. It didn't give me any more problems grating permissions and everything worked good since the begining. Location is obtained instantly now from apps with permission.

Reactions: whitexp

pw44

Nov 26, 2020
HI, i was using lineageos 17.1 for sagit with no problem. my mi6 is rooted. today i downloaded the lineageos1 18.1, adb root, adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210617-nightly-sagit-signed.zip and for two times it complais for possible corruption, for the third time, is booting for the last 3 hours (boot splash from lineageos).

any way to return to 17.1? or how to debug it?

terry_cheong

Apr 30, 2007
i clean install the 18.1, but i found out that there is no SMS bubble pop up notification, just the traditional one in the slider down bar. and the sms notification setting is grey, there is no way to update it. is this a bug or my problem? thank you.

hanzn

Apr 12, 2020
Has anyone updated to the last lineage-18.1-20210617-nightly-sagit-signed.zip build?
if so? have you lost vibration?
cheers
Just updated to '20210624' and vibration is fine.
But on charging I now get a vibration when I attach the cable. Even though under "Charging sounds" -> "Vibrate" is turned off. But I have the same issue on another device using 18.1. So maybe that's a general issue. I don't mind much.

Thanks for your great work @NeoArian !

Last edited:

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Just updated to '20210624' and vibration is fine.
But on charging I now get a vibration when I attach the cable. Even though under "Charging sounds" -> "Vibrate" is turned off. But I have the same issue on another device using 18.1. So maybe that's a general issue. I don't midn much.

Thanks for your great work @NeoArian !
I think I owe you an explanation, I own two devices both are on 18.1, I updated my first device (not Sagit) and lost vibration, so did not want to lose it also on mi6 hence my question, since the vibration issue affected devices only using the Qualcomm 8250 chipsets which has been fixed since.
Thanks for everyone who replied.

whitexp

Jan 3, 2012
Rio De Janeiro
madteam.co
Amazfit
Just sharing my experience in case is useful for others.

At the end i had to clear data again (tried reinstall with latest nightly and gapps and had a bootloop) and reinstall everything with nikgapps and latest build. It didn't give me any more problems grating permissions and everything worked good since the begining. Location is obtained instantly now from apps with permission.
same as you, I cleaned everything , installed this nik gapps , updated all the apps as soon as the system started and the localization worked , I 'm not sure but it seems that mindthegapps sometimes has a problem with permissions .

thanks for tip

icantlogin

Aug 23, 2017
Regarding this issue:
On boot the date and time are reset to the day and time when the system was installed/updated.
Thanks for the replies @NeoArian and others. I finally had time to look into it again and try the suggestions.

it's more likely the time when the rom file was built I guess?
You're right, the erroneous time after boot indeed represents the build date and time.

If you have root, can you try to set persist.vendor.delta_time.enable=false? It's currently set to true from venor/build.prop.
It made no difference.

An easy indicator for you persist partition being intact is that the wlan and mac adresses are shown correct (correct as in it's the proper mac adress from factory.
I've confirmed the mac-address is the same as it was when the phone was running the official firmware.

Can you get a logcat from boot until the device has booted? We can check for selinux denials then.
Yes, I've attached it. What stands out to me is it starts with date 02-20, then changes to 12-13 at some point, then 06-24 at these lines:
12-13 22:29:00.959 1307 1307 I AlarmManager: Current time only 1607894940959, advancing to build time 1624524164000 12-13 22:29:00.959 1307 1307 D AlarmManagerService: Setting time of day to sec=1624524164 06-24 10:42:44.000 1307 1307 W AlarmManagerService: Unable to set rtc to 1624524164: Invalid argument
I hope the full logcat provides a clue!

ps The logcat was taken with the buildprop persist.vendor.delta_time.enable set to true.

Attachments

• logcat boot.zip
    219.6 KB · Views: 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/COLOR]

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on sagit

Downloads
    Download LineageOS for Xiaomi Mi 6.

If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    More information about Google apps can be found here.

Source code:
    xiaomi msm8998 kernel
    sagit specific device tree
    xiaomi msm8998-common device tree

Changelog:
    Changes for sagit

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    As some of you already noticed, we started working on LineageOS 19.1 for Mi 6 and Mix 2. You can find builds here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/sagit/lineage-19.1/ Note that google apps are included.
    They latest build should be working pretty good, but swiping up on lockscreen (when not using fingerprint sensor) needs to be done slowly (the system thinks that it's an accidental swipe up, i didn't figure that out yet).

You can find automated release messages about future builds here: https://t.me/releases_by_arian
    Earlier today, this happened in the Releases by Arian Telegram group. If this ends up materializing as an official LineageOS 20 image when the time comes, I'm going to be really grateful, @NeoArian. Thanks for not forgetting this device.

I show off Phone Information screenshots of my 5 year-old Mi 6 phone to geeky friends, and they are always truly amazed.

LineageOS 20.0 for Xiaomi MI 6 (sagit)

📅 Build date: 2023-01-03
    🛡️ Security patch: 2022-12-05
    💬 Variant: VANILLA

🗒️ Changelog (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arian-ota/changelog/lineage-20/sagit.txt)

Download
    ⬇️ lineage-20 (https://github.com/arian-ota/ota/re...5e/lineage-20.0-20230103-UNOFFICIAL-sagit.zip)
    ⛭ GitHub release / additional files (https://github.com/arian-ota/ota/releases/tag/20.0-sagit-704da75e)

SHA-256 checksum
    704da75ed57272b438699cc1d0b918626335aced126d05a4971d045bb71351ac

#sagit
    I'm posting a total success with my upgrade to 18.1:

- Previous version was last 17.1 image
    - I had problems flashing lineage recovery so I flashed latest TWRP (it ended up being an issue with the cable, though)

Once booted into TWRP:
    - Flashed latest firmware just in case, but I'm pretty sure I was up to date
    - Dirty flashed LineageOS 18.1 20210603
    - I flashed MindTheGapps
    - I flashed @NeoArian's Miui camera from late in the 17.1 thread.

Everything worked flawlessly, Miui camera included! 😎 I only had to reverse the back button again in the preferences.

I had a weird charging issue since January (it would only charge if I plugged the cable in and then rebooted), which is now gone too.

11/10, this is awesome!
    Hey guys, regarding the issue I reported on last summer:
    On boot the date and time are reset to the day and time the ROM was build (and it stays this way as long as you don't connect to the mobile network)
    I SOLVED it! By flashing the latest stock ROM. I tried the latest Xiaomi.EU weekly and stable ROMs as well as the latest official global ROM, so I'm not sure which one fixed it or if they all do. (I was flashing them for other purposes and only thought of checking if this problem had been solved somewhere along the process.)

I did notice that after flashing the latest global ROM my baseband version changed into a higher number. It seems the Chinese ROM—which my phone originally shipped with and on which the Xiaomi.EU ROMs are based—comes with a lower baseband version (AT20-0305_1024_3754711 according to a screenshot I took). I'm now on baseband version AT20-0307_2204_3754711. I'm not sure if it was the baseband version though, I seem to remember the date-time-issue already being solved after only flashing the Xiaomi.EU ROM.

Anyway, the problem was clearly with the firmware, and reflashing all partitions solved it. I found this out a few months ago but didn't get around to write this up. Hope it can still help someone!

@NeoArian @anderson997 @jordiet

Edit: forgot to say, afterwards I flashed LineageOS again and the problem didn't return