[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 21 for Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)

Search This thread

bibia

Mar 3, 2012
Jakarta
Is there anyone else having sudden issue with mic here? I am not sure when I'm having this issue. I realized it 2 days ago. I brought it repaired and replaced the mic. But today, it's still randomly not working. When I call someone, usually on WhatsApp, he can't hear my voice. I tested with recorder app, it confirmed not working. But after a few minutes later, I try again, it's working. I don't know what's wrong. I realized it first when on nightly 20220623.
I updated to 20220630 last night, now my voice too low.

I don't know whether this is hardware issue (mic) or something wrong with the 2 last nightly builds.

bibia

Mar 3, 2012
Jakarta
I updated to 20220630 last night, now my voice too low.

I don't know whether this is hardware issue (mic) or something wrong with the 2 last nightly builds.
I go back installing 20220609 just now, my mic problem resolved.

Either the nightly build after this version messed up with microphone, or something messed up in my phone (conflict or bug with app I don't know what).

Not gonna update again for now. I wasted my money replacing the mic, and I am not sure the technician handling that was tidy doing his job with the blower and soldering (because after replacing it, it still having issue and he had to replace other mic with heat blower n solder, manually).

hanzn

Apr 12, 2020
Update from yesterday wasn't installed correctly. So it stayed with the current version and still shows "install" in the updater. Not sure if I just should try again now.

Anyone else had this issue before? Never had this with this or other phones.
All good again. Latest update installed without any issues. Maybe just a hickup.

albenex

Mar 14, 2013
Caltagirone (Catania)
i love this phone and this rom!
however sometimes i found it off with dead battery even if i leave at 40% with no use at all (overnight/sleeping)
I think battery is good (nohon) as I use it intensively while on bike and other tasks, but it seems something is killing it when it's supposed to be sleeping

Devager

Jun 3, 2012
Płock
Screenshot_20220803-113802.png

Reactions: hanzn
Did you clean install or do an upgrade. IE leave all data intact.
I didn't see instructions for an upgrade. I saw the instructions to sideload via ADB.
How did you do yours?
Replying to myself.
I followed instructions for the upgrade. Used ADB to sideload image and gapps. All good. Took about 5 mins for first boot.

Reactions: whitexp

leo_bsb

May 8, 2010
Brasilia
I flashed 19.1 with recovery.
I don't know what firmware I am using but SMS are not working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the QPR2 update (the march security patch/pixel feature drop) introduced some breaking changes, which deprecated our radio hal. We try to get sagit, and other devices with the same issue, supported again but in order to not hold newer devices from shipping with newer security patches again, the affected devices have been removed from the build list for now.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/COLOR]

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on sagit

Downloads
    Download LineageOS for Xiaomi Mi 6.

If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    More information about Google apps can be found here.

Source code:
    xiaomi msm8998 kernel
    sagit specific device tree
    xiaomi msm8998-common device tree

Changelog:
    Changes for sagit

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    As some of you already noticed, we started working on LineageOS 19.1 for Mi 6 and Mix 2. You can find builds here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ephedraceae/files/sagit/lineage-19.1/ Note that google apps are included.
    They latest build should be working pretty good, but swiping up on lockscreen (when not using fingerprint sensor) needs to be done slowly (the system thinks that it's an accidental swipe up, i didn't figure that out yet).

You can find automated release messages about future builds here: https://t.me/releases_by_arian
    Due to the QPR2 update (the march security patch/pixel feature drop) introduced some breaking changes, which deprecated our radio hal. We try to get sagit, and other devices with the same issue, supported again but in order to not hold newer devices from shipping with newer security patches again, the affected devices have been removed from the build list for now.
    Earlier today, this happened in the Releases by Arian Telegram group. If this ends up materializing as an official LineageOS 20 image when the time comes, I'm going to be really grateful, @NeoArian. Thanks for not forgetting this device.

I show off Phone Information screenshots of my 5 year-old Mi 6 phone to geeky friends, and they are always truly amazed.

LineageOS 20.0 for Xiaomi MI 6 (sagit)

📅 Build date: 2023-01-03
    🛡️ Security patch: 2022-12-05
    💬 Variant: VANILLA

🗒️ Changelog (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arian-ota/changelog/lineage-20/sagit.txt)

Download
    ⬇️ lineage-20 (https://github.com/arian-ota/ota/re...5e/lineage-20.0-20230103-UNOFFICIAL-sagit.zip)
    ⛭ GitHub release / additional files (https://github.com/arian-ota/ota/releases/tag/20.0-sagit-704da75e)

SHA-256 checksum
    704da75ed57272b438699cc1d0b918626335aced126d05a4971d045bb71351ac

#sagit
    I'm posting a total success with my upgrade to 18.1:

- Previous version was last 17.1 image
    - I had problems flashing lineage recovery so I flashed latest TWRP (it ended up being an issue with the cable, though)

Once booted into TWRP:
    - Flashed latest firmware just in case, but I'm pretty sure I was up to date
    - Dirty flashed LineageOS 18.1 20210603
    - I flashed MindTheGapps
    - I flashed @NeoArian's Miui camera from late in the 17.1 thread.

Everything worked flawlessly, Miui camera included! 😎 I only had to reverse the back button again in the preferences.

I had a weird charging issue since January (it would only charge if I plugged the cable in and then rebooted), which is now gone too.

11/10, this is awesome!