[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact

Search This thread

Laus_bub

Mar 14, 2008
Zurich
Hi, I tried an upgrade to 17.1 but got stock on unlocking the screen - forgot to deactivate that.
Then tried to format Data / System / Cache / Dalvik and did a clean install via Recovery.
System is loading and it runs - but I can't connect to my WLAN. Tried with two seperate configs - didn't work.
Anyone else with this problem and any ideas?
I installed 18.1 27.7. and Google Apps (Pico 11).
Thanks for help!

Samare

Nov 6, 2014
Hi, I tried an upgrade to 17.1 but got stock on unlocking the screen - forgot to deactivate that.
Then tried to format Data / System / Cache / Dalvik and did a clean install via Recovery.
System is loading and it runs - but I can't connect to my WLAN. Tried with two seperate configs - didn't work.
Anyone else with this problem and any ideas?
I installed 18.1 27.7. and Google Apps (Pico 11).
Thanks for help!

I'm on 18.1 20.7, the Wifi works both on 2.4 (channel 11) and 5 GHz (channel 36).
What do you mean by "two seperate configs"?
In case you restored the Wifi config before trying to connect, did you try removing your Wifi?

Last edited:

Laus_bub

Mar 14, 2008
Zurich
I'm on 18.1 20.7, the Wifi works both on 2.4 (channel 11) and 5 GHz (channel 36).
What do you mean by "two seperate configs"?
In case you restored the Wifi config before trying to connect, did you try removing your Wifi?
sorry, I mean I tried two differen Router. But I think I already got my answer. I am using a Fritzbox with WPA2 and WPA3 enabled. It seems that doesn't work. There is a bug report for 18.1 from another User with the same problem using WPA3.
I tried it again with another router with just WPA enabled and now it works ... Anyway, WPA3 should also work...

Samare

Nov 6, 2014
sorry, I mean I tried two differen Router. But I think I already got my answer. I am using a Fritzbox with WPA2 and WPA3 enabled. It seems that doesn't work. There is a bug report for 18.1 from another User with the same problem using WPA3.
I tried it again with another router with just WPA enabled and now it works ... Anyway, WPA3 should also work...

Indeed, same here when enabling both WPA2 and WPA3. WPA2 without WPA3 works.

Reactions: Mr.Tom_Tom

Laus_bub

Mar 14, 2008
Zurich
About the wpa2/wpa3 issue:

Apart from that, everything works fine so far. No problems with my bluetooth headsphones (aptx), nfc and gps.

Thanks to all contributors and you NeoArian. Great work as always.
Thanks for the hint - but the patch doesn't seem to be integrated so far.
And I am not quite familiar how to integrate this file ...

Nethertheless, also many thanks to everyone keeping this old phone still alive !!! Great job!

rm43115

May 13, 2017
I did a short test with FitoTrack without any problem. I'm guessing you made sure to enable the location permission in always mode?

Same here.
You can either try the integrated Seedvault backup (enable the backup apps option) or use the Migrate (requires root) or OAndBackupX (not tried) app.
Does the Migrate (requires root) app work?
(I have never tried.)
Do you mean the Migrate app in the google play store?

BusterBlues

May 28, 2019
Hi, I tried an Upgrade from 17.1 with the Lineage Recovery and also over TWRP. In both cases the OS Starts after flashing, but if I flash opengapps additionaly (Arm, Android 11, Nano or pico) it got stuck in a bootloop wich ends in the Recovery again. What is wrong? Do I have to flash gapps only over adb sideload and not directly from recovery?

Samare

Nov 6, 2014
Hi, I tried an Upgrade from 17.1 with the Lineage Recovery and also over TWRP. In both cases the OS Starts after flashing, but if I flash opengapps additionaly (Arm, Android 11, Nano or pico) it got stuck in a bootloop wich ends in the Recovery again. What is wrong? Do I have to flash gapps only over adb sideload and not directly from recovery?

You have to flash gapps before the first reboot. But if you didn't wipe data (since you say "upgrade"), it's a known problem.

Samare

Nov 6, 2014
Does the Migrate (requires root) app work?
(I have never tried.)
Do you mean the Migrate app in the google play store?

Yes it works fine. For some apps, you have to remove their data in Android or they crash on launch, and you have to uninstall/reinstall YouTube Vanced but other than that it's fine.

Hi there everyone!
I´ve got my hands on a z3c recently and updated it to the latest stock before flashing lineage-18.1
Seems fine so far.
But i´m curious if anyone ever experienced issues with the flashlight?
I assume it´s some kind of hardware failure since it also didn´t work on stock but which makes it even more curious:
Flash when taking pictures works totally fine! But the torch feature doesn´t! Neither on stock, nor with lineage.
I just thought it would´ve been a bug within the sony rom.

Or maybe someone knows more about this? any firmware related bug?

I know about firmware issues on HTC One M9 where doubletap2wake didn´t work until i re-flashed the correct RUU for the device.
Maybe something like this applies to this issue?

The device was meant to replace my z1c as an "mp3 player" only since it has the same dimensions but a bigger screen, but i´m really thinking of returning it since it also seems like the touchscreen isn´t very sensitive aswell...

crackyh

Mar 4, 2018
Could you please inform us about the modifications you did?
Thanks!

By reading the link
"This worked for me" from Klbgr
=> https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3636#issuecomment-756232939

=> I have directly in assets/boot_patch.sh of Magisk-v23.0.zip modified:

./magiskboot cpio ramdisk.cpio \
"add 0750 init magiskinit" \
"mkdir 0750 overlay.d" \
"mkdir 0750 overlay.d/sbin" \
"add 0644 overlay.d/sbin/magisk32.xz magisk32.xz" \
"$SKIP64 add 0644 overlay.d/sbin/magisk64.xz magisk64.xz" \
"patch" \
"backup ramdisk.cpio.orig" \
"mkdir 000 .backup" \
"add 000 .backup/.magisk config"

by:

ui_print "- For Sony device !"
"add 0750 init.real magiskinit" \
"mkdir 0750 overlay.d" \
"patch" \
"mkdir 000 .backup" \
"mv .backup/init.real .backup/init" \

Without testing against /system/build.prop!

Last edited:

rm43115

May 13, 2017
Hi, thanks for the input.
At least I tried it with the „mind the gapps“ Package, listed in the Lineage wiki and it works.
For me that did the trick - the update from 17.1 to 18.1 works without new installation with the „mind the gapps“ Package - with "Open Gapps" it didn't work, it ended in a boot loop.

wtor68

Nov 4, 2017
Hello,

has anyone tested the fm radio in 18.1? In 17.1 it worked on my device. Now i only get: currently not available. Any Ideas?

Thanks (also for this great release to keep this old phone alive)!

7ig3rsh4rk

Oct 15, 2013
Sadly the main camera of my device died. The screen in the camera app stays black and none of the usual tricks like reflashing or deleting the /data/credmgr folder helps.
Is there an "easy" way to make the front camera the main camera?

nomsis

Aug 2, 2021
Moto X4
Hi,
I'm new to the z3c party, coming from z1c with unofficial LOS. I checked, still on stock that the firmware is up to date and then installed LOS 18 following the official guide. I also flashed magisk using the hack from this thread. Everything seems to be working fine so far, except of two issues.
First Radio isn't working for me as well and second, and the more annoying is the speaker making strange and very noticeable background noises when in use and sometimes when not even in use. I'm not sure whether this is a hardware or a software issue, but I suspect the latter to be the case. Does anyone have the same issue or some fixes? I found some poeple reporting the same/similiar problems for a variety of sony devices, but no fixes. Should I change the earpiece speaker or is there any software fix I could apply? I would be grateful for any advice concerning this problem.
Thanks in advance!

PS: Thanks for the great ROM for this nice little device!

siyman

Aug 17, 2010
By reading the link
"This worked for me" from Klbgr
=> https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3636#issuecomment-756232939

=> I have directly in assets/boot_patch.sh of Magisk-v23.0.zip modified:

"add 0750 init magiskinit" \
"mkdir 0750 overlay.d" \
"patch" \
"mkdir 000 .backup" \

by:

ui_print "- For Sony device !"
"add 0750 init.real magiskinit" \
"mkdir 0750 overlay.d" \
"patch" \
"mkdir 000 .backup" \
"mv .backup/init.real .backup/init" \

Without testing against /system/build.prop!
Done that, saw the line "For Sony device !" but to no avail. I still see the "installed N/A" message. Any hints?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on z3c

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 18.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact.
    If you prefer TWRP over Lineage recovery, you can get it here.
    Recommended Google Apps can be found here.

Installation
    Please follow the instructions here.

Upgrade from LineageOS 17.1
    Please follow the instructions here.
    Note that you might NOT necessarily need to wipe your data if your data is not encrypted and you do not have a screen lock set!

Source code
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
    Z3 Compact device tree
    Sony Shinano common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 common device tree
    Sony MSM8974 kernel
    The used defconfig is lineageos_shinano_aries_defconfig.

Changelog:
    Changes for z3c

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to NeoArian
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    Good news from Magisk developers. They fixed the issue where magisk 23 cannot be installed or did not survive system update. Latest canary build 👈
    Thanks again NeoArian for supporting the Z3 Compact! :)
    I've installed LineageOS 18.1 and everything is fine except...
    a kernel wakelock: sensor_SMD 2000000000
    Because of that, deep sleep isn't what it should be.

It seems that the Z3 Compact isn't the only phone with that problem: msm8937-common: Disable the Significant Motion Detector

Screenshot_20210724-214751_BBS_1.png

Screenshot_20210724-214808_BBS_1.png
    I've changed my build.prop

Code:
    ro.qti.sensors.smd=true
    to
    Code:
    ro.qti.sensors.smd=false
    -> problem solved.

By the way, I checked an old build.prop from LineageOS 17.1 and it used to be disabled, which explains why this problem is linked to 18.1.
    I did a clean installation of "lineage-18.1-20210727-nightly-z3c-signed.zip" + "MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210412_124103.zip"
    (using, as recovery, lineage-18.1-20210727-recovery-z3c.img) -> OK!
    Then I tried to install Magisk following crackyh suggestion of modifying
    boot_patch.sh: the risult was unsuccessfull.

I tried all the combinations of TWRP (twrp-3.3.1-z3c-20200212.img) and LOS 18.1 Recovery with Magisk 20.4, 22.1 and 23.0
    I didn't succeed.
    In synthesys, the risults was identical to that described by wtor68 in this post .

wtor68 suggested here of fixing the Magisk apk "by zipalign / apksigner".
    As I'm not able to use those 2 commands in ADB Studio, could someone (wtor68 ?) help me to solve ?
    Is it possible to attache Magiskxxxx.apk file after the "zipalign /apksigner" operations?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    I've done this on an linux ubuntu system, but it should be also possible on windows. These are the steps:

# install packages (on windows download them anywhere): apt install zipalign apksigner # create a keystore: keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias my_key -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000 # download Magisk and patch the file, then: zipalign -p -f -v 4 Magisk-v23.0.apk Magisk-v23.0_mod.apk # optional, verify: zipalign -c -v 4 Magisk-v23.0_mod.apk apksigner sign --ks my-release-key.keystore Magisk-v23.0_mod.apk

Then you can install the apk directly or rename it to zip and install by twrp.