[OFFICIAL] LineageOS for Moto G6 Plus

Search This thread

the_15th

Sep 4, 2020

Pregolo

Sep 22, 2020
Hello all.

I was able to flash the device with lineage-19.1-20220913-nightly-evert-signed.zip
But I'm unable to flash it with MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip

It fails on the following:
"This package is for Android 12.1.0 (SDK 32) but your system is Android (SDK )! Aborting"

I'd like to have Mind The Gapps as it is developed by Lineage OS devs.

Before I tried NikGapps-basic-arm64-12.1-20220908-signed.zip, but have some problems with Google authorization. Also before I had problems that Google Play wasn't available.

Can somebody give me an advice? Thanks.
Maybe you can try this: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/12L/setup-sdk

Pregolo

Sep 22, 2020
Hello all.

I was able to flash the device with lineage-19.1-20220913-nightly-evert-signed.zip
But I'm unable to flash it with MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip

It fails on the following:
"This package is for Android 12.1.0 (SDK 32) but your system is Android (SDK )! Aborting"

I'd like to have Mind The Gapps as it is developed by Lineage OS devs.

Before I tried NikGapps-basic-arm64-12.1-20220908-signed.zip, but have some problems with Google authorization. Also before I had problems that Google Play wasn't available.

Can somebody give me an advice? Thanks.

Merkwuerdig

May 24, 2021
Since there is still no thread for LineageOS 20 for our device: Has anyone installed LineageOS 20 for G6 Plus successfully?

What is the default camera app? Aperture or Snap? Any caveats?

Are you still with us, jeferson1979?

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play
Recently installed the LOS 20 Unofficial build, didn't encountered any issues so far.
The only criticism is the fact that Trebuchet launcher was replaced by Pixel launcher, which has zero personalization, specifically it does not allow to remove the useless google search bar.

EDIT; the unofficial version I installed was from "npjohnson" not the one linked in the OP / first post.

Last edited:

aerius_

Apr 16, 2023
Hello!
I'm new to custom ROMs. I followed the instructions to install LineageOS 20 (lineage-20.0-20230411-nightly-evert-signed) on my old Moto G6 Plus, along with MindTheGapps (MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-ATV-20230321_142647).

Everything went well during the process, but when I get past the startup wizard (setting up WiFi) I get a blank screen, then the screen tilts and I get 2 notifications (Android TV remote & Android TV startscreen unresponsive). I can access all settings by swimping from the top down, but there's no home screen. I only can access the apps via Settings --> apps --> *select app* --> open. When trying to open Google Play store, I get an error reading "this version of the app is not compatible with this device"). What am I doing wrong here?

Gitignoramus

Apr 28, 2023
Hi all,

I am trying to install LineageOS on G6+/Evert

The device has an issue whereby I cannot see a menu when in bootloader (no android on its back, no menu, just backlight. Fastboot does communicate - bootloader unlocked etc.)

I've been unable to fix this issue including resetting back to stock ROM via Moto RSA.

It's clear that I need to interact with the device in order to follow the instructions past a certain point. I was posting to see A) whether there are other methods that don't require interaction with the device in bootloader and B) whether anyone has had this issue and managed to solve it?

Related post here but they didn't fix it, although it does sound that if I use TWRP maybe I get a menu...but I was hoping to use the standard instructions first if poss!

Thanks

Gitignoramus

Apr 28, 2023
The device has an issue whereby I cannot see a menu when in bootloader (no android on its back, no menu, just backlight. Fastboot does communicate - bootloader unlocked etc.)
I have found a fastboot command "fastboot oem show_screen" but am getting the response :

(bootloader) usage:
(bootloader) fastboot oem show_screen screen_name
FAILED (remote: '')
fastboot: error: Command failed

So I need a "screen_name" parameter and maybe this is the key. Seems highly suspicious the bootloader screen is hidden and this command is sat right there...BUT getting zero google hits and a few random screen names haven't resulted in anything positive occurring...

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play
Hi all,

I am trying to install LineageOS on G6+/Evert

I've been unable to fix this issue including resetting back to stock ROM via Moto RSA.

It's clear that I need to interact with the device in order to follow the instructions past a certain point. I was posting to see A) whether there are other methods that don't require interaction with the device in bootloader and B) whether anyone has had this issue and managed to solve it?

Related post here but they didn't fix it, although it does sound that if I use TWRP maybe I get a menu...but I was hoping to use the standard instructions first if poss!

Thanks
It is a bug/glitch in some devices, some have it, some do not.
Mine does have it and I tried Moto RSA and flashing a logo and nothing work.

The good news is that, as you mentioned, even though the screen on the phone is black, fastboot commands work and you can still navigate with the power and volume buttons.
At first I tried using the Lineageos Recovery but that still gave me a black screen, so I booted/flashed TWRP and it works correctly, and I was able to flash the zip successfully. One small caveat is that is after flashing LOS zip it will replace your recovery, so if you need to flash the Gapps after a reboot with the stock recovery, you will need another phone with the same recovery type to mimic the steps.
The easiest solution is to flash the Unofficial LOS that comes with the Gapps and as a bonus, it passes Safety.net

Reactions: Gitignoramus

nerohero

Mar 2, 2007
I’m unable to go into recovery mode as I get stuck on a black screen.

So I installed lineage OS 20 using TWRP. But I’m unable to go back to TWRP to flash gApps.

Any suggestions or steps I can follow.

Also I get NO NETWORK on SIM2. I’m okay with no data access on SIM2 but voice/sms services are essential. Any workaround to get it started.

I tried lineage OS 19.1 and couldn’t install gApps or get SIM2 to work. When I revert back to stock ROM sim2 works fine so I have confirmed that it’s not a hardware issue.

Thank you

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play
I’m unable to go into recovery mode as I get stuck on a black screen.

So I installed lineage OS 20 using TWRP. But I’m unable to go back to TWRP to flash gApps.

Any suggestions or steps I can follow.

Also I get NO NETWORK on SIM2. I’m okay with no data access on SIM2 but voice/sms services are essential. Any workaround to get it started.

I tried lineage OS 19.1 and couldn’t install gApps or get SIM2 to work. When I revert back to stock ROM sim2 works fine so I have confirmed that it’s not a hardware issue.

Thank you
Many of us face the same issue, you can; do the process to flash GAPPS blind or use the unofficial version that includes GAPPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will there be new builds of LineageOS 21 for the Moto G6 Plus? Last build is dated 2024-03-17.
    It's hard to say, at the moment the Motorola g6 plus seems to be on the brink.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/1bp83tb
    lineage-os-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png
    Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Crypto

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Important notes:
    • * Required * Patience.
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) when comming from other roms.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

LineageOS ROM for the Moto G6 Plus

Contributors
    jro1979oliver
    ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: latest stock

Version Information
    Official

Created 2022-04-25
    Last Updated 2023
    I'm proud to announce that soon we have a thread for lineage 20 with android 13. Wait for it on next week
    Could anyone please elaborate on this? I am a bit of a non-hacker (literally). What are the precise instructions with ADB for example? What files do I need?
    My temporarly solution for moto g6 plus evert

Download latest stock rom for moto g6 plus via Lenovo / Motorola Rescue and Smart Assistant and extract file gpt.bin

flash gpt.bin to device: fastboot flash partition gpt.bin

Download boot.img for moto g6 plus from 20230922 lineage OS 20 evert build

flash boot.img to device: fastboot flash boot boot.img

Reboot and ... i was able to smile :)

Good luck
    Hello all,

After today's update (5 september) and rebooting my phone I got greeted with the following error msg:
    "Failed to boot LInux, falling back to fastboot.
    Fastboot reason: fall-through from normal boot mode"

I have several options on my phone using the volume buttons but none of them seem to do anything. I still cannot get into my phone.
    What steps could I take to solve this?

Same here. Any help appreciated...

....aaaaaand same error here.
    One of the maintainers here, so sorry!

A change broke this device, we have reverted it and are rebuilding images tonight!

We pulled the broken builds off the site.

Please flash the newest boot image image dated September 5th or 6th depending on how soon the builds finish, then flash the new zip from that recovery.

Thanks

PS - Use Lenovo Smart Recovery tool to get back up and running.
    Will there be a LineageOS 20.0 thread for this device?