[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for Moto G7 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
IMO mindthegapps, which only offers one package (stock) is gonna be far more bloated than the projects which offer minimal package installs (pico/nano for OpenGapps, core for NikGapps, basic for FlameGapps). I too am frustrated that opengapps seems way behind the curve here, but I don't want to wipe my phone to switch to one of the others...

jmozmoz

Dec 17, 2011
I did a format data AND wipe with twrp-3.6.1. Make sure you follow the install instructions on twrp for motorola g7+. You need the img file and the zip.
I don't use open gapps- too mush bloat - but I got a bootloop with flamegapps so I followed npj's advice and used mindthegapps.
I didn't try a dirty flash so I don't know but I would go for the full wipe.
Good luck but if you do it properly you shouldn't need it.

Thank you again.

Do you have any working tool to transfer your apps from one installation to another. The last time I had to wipe data, I had my apps backuped with both Titanium Backup and "App Manager", but I could not restore a lot of apps from either of the two backups.

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
I've never had much success with backup tools. I usually end up just saving photos and videos to a computer, then wiping and having to re-setup everything. It's a total pain. Which is why I'm keen to dirty flash. Finally a major version upgrade lets you in LOS but the problem now is with the gapps.

petexd

Dec 2, 2017
If you log into your playstore acc all of your chosen apps are stored in 'uninstalled'. You can click on all and let them install again.
Next time I update I'm going to try flamegapps again in case it was an issue I caused. I didn't realise just how much extra junk mindthegapps loaded. This will mean a full wipe again but if it works it will be plain saving from there.

Reactions: sapo_joe

petexd

Dec 2, 2017
If anyone's interested you can build the rom following lineage build instructions and @npjohnson's github modifications. I've now successfully built it twice but just to see if I could (I'm a bit of a geek like that) and I'm happy to stick with @npjohnson's offical build. I haven't tried them so they're untested.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
If anyone's interested you can build the rom following lineage build instructions and @npjohnson's github modifications. I've now successfully built it twice but just to see if I could (I'm a bit of a geek like that) and I'm happy to stick with @npjohnson's offical build. I haven't tried them so they're untested.
There are 2 private pieces that won't/can't be shared, so not sure you could fully recreate my builds.

petexd

Dec 2, 2017
There are 2 private pieces that won't/can't be shared, so not sure you could fully recreate my builds.
I used the standard 19.1 repo from github. I added the local manifest from 18.1 build because I checked they all had a 19.1 version that you'd (@npjohnson) put together, I found the proprietory vendors from TheMuppets and added that to the local manifest. Again I checked you.d updated them.
I removed the builds I didn't want from prop vendors and did a repo sync.
I got a successful build but I'm still a bit nervous to test it.
Thanks for your hard work.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

dalky correa

Feb 2, 2014
Colombia
Moto G7 Plus
hi, I have installed lineageOS 19.1 26 04 2022 and I have wanted to update to lineageOS 19.1 27 04 2022 but the updater doesn't achieve update the system.
Please watch the screenshot where the time is shown

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-081019_Actualizador(4).png
    Screenshot_20220501-081019_Actualizador(4).png
    204.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220501-081142_Actualizador(3).png
    Screenshot_20220501-081142_Actualizador(3).png
    142.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220501-082558_Actualizador(2).png
    Screenshot_20220501-082558_Actualizador(2).png
    132.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220501-082801_Actualizador (1).png
    Screenshot_20220501-082801_Actualizador (1).png
    83.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20220501-082801_Actualizador.png
    Screenshot_20220501-082801_Actualizador.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 28

dalky correa

Feb 2, 2014
Colombia
Moto G7 Plus
PayPal issue or not
After updating to 19.1 03 05 2022

Attachments

• screen-20220501-202917.mp4
    23 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220503-180953_Microsoft Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220503-180953_Microsoft Launcher.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

rajanprash

Jul 6, 2011
Installed Lineage OS 19.1 and sideloaded mind the Gapps, the only issue I have is that I am unable to add my fingerprint. Re-flashed only Lineage OS 19.1 and the fingerprint sensor works fine. with mindtheGapps, my fingerprint sensor does not register my fingerprint. Anyone else facing the same issue, looking for some solutions. The ROM is smooth as butter otherwise, very happy!!

jmozmoz

Dec 17, 2011
I have the following problem with the camera app installed (probably) by Lineageos 19.1 (com.motorola.comera2, version 7.3.6.15-denali):

If I change the location to store picture to SD card, I cannot select the root folder of the card but have to select a subfolder in the selection dialog. After select some folder the camera app switches back to internal storage and complains, that I need to select the root folder of the card, but this is not possible in the selection dialog.

Do other people also have this problem? Is there a fix/work around?

In another app (Pro Cam X) I can select a subfolder of the SD card and the pictures are stored there.

Thank you for your help.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I have the following problem with the camera app installed (probably) by Lineageos 19.1 (com.motorola.comera2, version 7.3.6.15-denali):

If I change the location to store picture to SD card, I cannot select the root folder of the card but have to select a subfolder in the selection dialog. After select some folder the camera app switches back to internal storage and complains, that I need to select the root folder of the card, but this is not possible in the selection dialog.

Do other people also have this problem? Is there a fix/work around?

In another app (Pro Cam X) I can select a subfolder of the SD card and the pictures are stored there.

Thank you for your help.
Yeah, it's a system camera and that feature just won't work. Not much we can do if anything to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7 Plus

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • lake - Official builds
    • lake - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
    I looked for version 19.1 on the official website and didn't find anything to download. A few hours ago it was available. What happened?

There is a new version built this night ( 20220427) now online. This worked now for me and even the first boot was really fast (~2 min). https://download.lineageos.org/lake

Had issues the whole night with the 20220426 build. I was always in a boot loop after sideloading the 26 version.
    Later, I tried to go to Stock Rom first with the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistance (to my XT1965-3 (EU) ).
    Sideloaded Recovery and Lineage 19.1 again -> bootloop.
    Went to bed late, saw a new version right after getting up -> works as expected

First, Thank you @npjohnson for your work!
    Do you have a personal donation link?
    Same here. I always have to use my ancient dell with usb2.0 ports (also it's linux now). It won't work on my modern asus laptop with usb3 or usb2 ports.
    IMO mindthegapps, which only offers one package (stock) is gonna be far more bloated than the projects which offer minimal package installs (pico/nano for OpenGapps, core for NikGapps, basic for FlameGapps). I too am frustrated that opengapps seems way behind the curve here, but I don't want to wipe my phone to switch to one of the others...
    Good news. Flashing to stock enabled VoLTE and calls over wifi. Then I reflashed to LOS 19.1 (with NikGapps core) . At first I got no mobile data connection to tmobile, but a restart fixed that problem. Now it shows the phone as registered and it's doing "HD" calls and wifi calls. Interestingly, my vendor security patch level still shows as Feb 2021. I expected it to be later.

Stressful process, especially since I flashed the stock ROM entirely by hand with fastboot flash commands (I wasn't sure the 5-part sparse system image would copy correctly). But I'm so happy now that it all worked. Thanks so much npjohnson. I really appreciate your guidance here.