[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for Moto G7 Plus

Search This thread

petexd

Dec 2, 2017
I built the 19.1 rom from yesterday's repo changes and tried it today. It works fine except for the contacts app. This crashes immediately with message "you have disabled a required permission". It was a dirty instal so no data was changed and a new contacts app works perfectly.
It could still be something I've done or not done but I thought I'd give you(@npjohnson) a heads up just in case. There were 3 or 4 changes for contacts.

mithe

Jan 5, 2016
I upgraded from LOS 18.1 official builds to the last official build 19.1 nightly 20220705 without wipe. Everything runs great. I have no issues at all. Thank you for the great work!

Besides even root and Magisk run without a problem. Only TWRP has trouble decrypting data / making a backup. But that is not an issue of the great LOS 19.1 lake builds.

nasdaq0

Oct 10, 2009
hi, LOS 19.1 running nicely, unfortunetly the VOLTE not working, though i did come from VoLTE from T-Mobile Stock and did Volte calls there.
Any way to get Volte working with the EFS issue?

similiken

Nov 11, 2021
I've got the tmobile revvlry+. Everything works great with the latest nightly.

I did not require having the phone provision itself for volte and wifi calling in stock firmeware before i did lineageos. I just took this phone out of the box, unlocked the bootloader, put lineageos on it, and everything works.

One nitpick probably out of our control, wifi calling didn't start working until i restarted several times.

penticton8

Feb 28, 2018
Google Pixel XL
Xiaomi Poco F1
XT1965-2
2022-07-19 caused bootloop. Could access recovery from bootloader and installed -19 from ext sd.
2022-07-26 caused bootloop. Recovery not available from bootloader.
Bootloader shows fastboot devices but does nor respond to fastboot flash or fastboot boot.
What to do ??
Anyone know exactly where the EDL test points are located ??

retry0001-coffee

Oct 21, 2019
I got 2022-07-19 on my 1965-T and had zero problems. I only run NikGapps core with it. I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7 Plus

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • lake - Official builds
    • lake - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
    I looked for version 19.1 on the official website and didn't find anything to download. A few hours ago it was available. What happened?

There is a new version built this night ( 20220427) now online. This worked now for me and even the first boot was really fast (~2 min). https://download.lineageos.org/lake

Had issues the whole night with the 20220426 build. I was always in a boot loop after sideloading the 26 version.
    Later, I tried to go to Stock Rom first with the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistance (to my XT1965-3 (EU) ).
    Sideloaded Recovery and Lineage 19.1 again -> bootloop.
    Went to bed late, saw a new version right after getting up -> works as expected

First, Thank you @npjohnson for your work!
    Do you have a personal donation link?
    IMO mindthegapps, which only offers one package (stock) is gonna be far more bloated than the projects which offer minimal package installs (pico/nano for OpenGapps, core for NikGapps, basic for FlameGapps). I too am frustrated that opengapps seems way behind the curve here, but I don't want to wipe my phone to switch to one of the others...
    Good news. Flashing to stock enabled VoLTE and calls over wifi. Then I reflashed to LOS 19.1 (with NikGapps core) . At first I got no mobile data connection to tmobile, but a restart fixed that problem. Now it shows the phone as registered and it's doing "HD" calls and wifi calls. Interestingly, my vendor security patch level still shows as Feb 2021. I expected it to be later.

Stressful process, especially since I flashed the stock ROM entirely by hand with fastboot flash commands (I wasn't sure the 5-part sparse system image would copy correctly). But I'm so happy now that it all worked. Thanks so much npjohnson. I really appreciate your guidance here.
    I installed it with the latest TWRP. It bootlooped with flamegapps but installed successfully with mindthegapps.
    I install twrp on the system and it has a handy choice to reflash itself after installing the rom. You then must reboot to twrp to add the gapps zip or it will not work.
    For anyone else interested I also installed magisk and it works perfectly but be aware of @npjohnson's point re loss of support.