jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
lineage-os-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png
Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Crypto

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
Important notes:
  • * Required * Patience.
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) when comming from other roms.

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

LineageOS 19.1, ROM for the Moto Z3 Play

Contributors
jro1979oliver
ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: latest stock

Version Information
Official

Created 2022-04-25
Last Updated 2022-04-25

thiagomag

Apr 28, 2022
Hey guys, I want to know If the mods are working. I haver the gamepad qnd the JBL soundboost and don't want to lose then...

StefTT

Feb 27, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
Hey for me it works my JBL speakers work fine but for some reason it doesn't work when I'm getting incoming call or alarms stays silent, that's the only bug with that moto mod, other than that for me it's bout 4days as my daily and this update is great 😊

CamposJ

Jun 26, 2016
Hey for me it works my JBL speakers work fine but for some reason it doesn't work when I'm getting incoming call or alarms stays silent, that's the only bug with that moto mod, other than that for me it's bout 4days as my daily and this update is great 😊
Same thing here, I use the moto snap speaker and the same happens. Alarms and ringtones goes silent. And that is the only bug I have noticed so far. Awesome rom :)

StefTT

Feb 27, 2022
Moto Z3 Play
Same thing here, I use the moto snap speaker and the same happens. Alarms and ringtones goes silent. And that is the only bug I have noticed so far. Awesome rom :)
Did u experience any storage issues when formatting sdcard to internal storage if u did? On first setting up after installing LOS 12, cause I had apps closing had to sign in everytime opening up social media apps and my gallery wouldn't load photos, now after just using sdcard as portable storage everything works great can't move apps though but that's no problem, 32gb of storage is not much but still no complaints here, awesome rom as always 👍🏿

CamposJ

Jun 26, 2016
Did u experience any storage issues when formatting sdcard to internal storage if u did? On first setting up after installing LOS 12, cause I had apps closing had to sign in everytime opening up social media apps and my gallery wouldn't load photos, now after just using sdcard as portable storage everything works great can't move apps though but that's no problem, 32gb of storage is not much but still no complaints here, awesome rom as always 👍🏿
Well, I always use the sd card as portable/external storage, I never used it as internal storage. My z3 play has 64GB of storage, so, I never needed that extra space as internal storage. :)

telly01

Dec 11, 2010
Lowell
I clean installed and formated my sd card to internal. Yes its being weird for sure. Im able to move apps to the sd card and that works fine. Some apps werent starting, until the build today. But not everything working like before.

A good example is VLC wont build the audio library. I have pulled from my NAS to my sd card. The app keeps scanning but never finishes. a couple times Ive booted it up and all the VLC settings are wiped.

I did notice at reports android reports the sd card as missing

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
I clean installed and formated my sd card to internal. Yes its being weird for sure. Im able to move apps to the sd card and that works fine. Some apps werent starting, until the build today. But not everything working like before.

A good example is VLC wont build the audio library. I have pulled from my NAS to my sd card. The app keeps scanning but never finishes. a couple times Ive booted it up and all the VLC settings are wiped.

I did notice at reports android reports the sd card as missing
Maybe your SDCard is failing or even fake?
Check it by using software like h2testw -- there are a few android apps either, search for SD Card Test or similar, do a full write/read test (not speed test).

I had a fake SDCard in the past (back then I had android 4); the card keep auto ejecting and sometimes corrupting data. The h2testw shown that the 16GB card has in fact only 2GB, any data written beyond that 2GB was lost (the file itself appears in file explorer but the content was garbage).

CamposJ

Jun 26, 2016
There's a bug that still persist on the latest (today's) update: when I receive a call from someone in my contact's list, it does not show the contact name, just its full number.

edit: I tried also with the google dialer and the bug happens the same.

Last edited:

telly01

Dec 11, 2010
Lowell
Lineage 19.1 official, with mindthegapps.

Sd card- SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I

The phone and sd card were both wiped in the upgrade from 18.1 to 19.1. Then I wiped it again to make sure i didn't do something wrong when i first saw issues.

I'm pretty sure my SD card isn't fake. I bought it from the Sandisk store on amazon for the appropriate price. Been using it for a 1-2 years with this phone. At one point it had 32GB of crap on there. right now its sitting at 19GB.

With the card formatted as internal, and everything moved to the card with the popup that asks if you want to do that.

Pictures becomes unreadable after the camera gets shut off. The pictures are still listed but its all gray. VLC really doesnt want to build its library, and most times opens like its a first time start, Twitch doesnt want to retain its login info.
Using the files app to navigate to play the music on the sd card directly doesn't work either.

Running the app True sd card capacity shows even writing 1GB of data causes the temp file to be 99.5% corrupted.

Update: After I had a bit of time. I reformatted the phone again. Keeping the sd card as portable works fine and the Sdcard can pass those write tests uo to 16GB woth 0% corruption. So I guess something is wonky with the internal formatting encrytion?

Last edited:

mateuxi

Nov 27, 2015
Hey, I've been trying out the rom the last week, gotta say it runs pretty good overall, however I've been having issues with the usb-c port, any time I attach a device like a DAC for my headphones or a usb stick, the entire system does not seem to know how to handle it, specially the DAC, it kinda detects its presence, but it refuses to send audio through there, this was not an issue in the havoc os rom years ago, any idea how to fix it? If you need logs of anything just tell me.

telly01

Dec 11, 2010
Lowell
With the recent weekly updates has anyone tried formating sd to internal?

I havent seen any updates to the change log about it specifically. Was what I was experiencing a known bug?

Belarios

Dec 16, 2010
Woohoo!

I could never get VoLTE with my Tracfone/Verizon sim on 18.1. Just upgraded to 19.1 and VoLTE is up and running. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png
    Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Crypto

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Important notes:
    • * Required * Patience.
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) when comming from other roms.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

LineageOS 19.1, ROM for the Moto Z3 Play

Contributors
    jro1979oliver
    ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: latest stock

Version Information
    Official

Created 2022-04-25
    Last Updated 2022-04-25
    I'm having issues with split screen functionality.
    Haptics click, but it does not split the app into side-by-side mode.
    Tried changing "Force activities to be resizeable" in dev options, but still didn't help.