[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Essential Phone

Search This thread

AIndoria

Jun 24, 2012
I'm on Verizon too and there's an option for me to do VOLTE in Mobile data settings.

Can confirm, Verizon, VOLTE is enabled.

yup, and fixed in unofficial

So I installed it(official), and I don't see android system intelligence anywhere. Isn't it com.google.android.as? I also don't get any of the text selection from recent-apps-list features etc, which I think rely on system intelligence?

Last edited:

fearvier

May 21, 2022
Yeah I can't see Android System Intelligence anywhere either by default. @npjohnson was this fixed in official or just removed so it doesn't affect anything else? Is this the same in unofficial or does that build have a working variant that exists?

Edit: I've installed System Intelligence manually via APKMirror (May 18 Pixel 5 version), and moved it to system/priv via Terminal Systemizer module, and after a reboot I do see the Live Caption/Now Playing Settings in the Settings -> Sound menu, but they don't do anything. I am unable to enable the Live Captions, since it says Download is required, and the 40Mb download just fails.

So I guess the question remains if this works in unofficial due to Official not having Google-reliant apps by default, or if it is just bonkered on both.

Last edited:

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
I did my 1st OTA today after installing this ROM. Took almost an hour to install after the download finished. Is this normal?

MuddyDog

Sep 3, 2019
I had a similar slow update experience last week.
Today, I set the Updater Preferences to "Prioritize update process" and I plugged in the charger. The whole process (including download time, and ending with the "reboot" prompt) took less than 15 minutes.
I don't have a comparison of "Prioritize update process" without the charger being plugged in.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
I had a similar slow update experience last week.
Today, I set the Updater Preferences to "Prioritize update process" and I plugged in the charger. The whole process (including download time, and ending with the "reboot" prompt) took less than 15 minutes.
I don't have a comparison of "Prioritize update process" without the charger being plugged in.
Thanks. My phone was plugged in as well. I didn't have prioritise update as switched on. Still took about an hour.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Also, found a possible bug. Screen does not wake for notifications even though I have enabled that in the settings

sso003

Sep 3, 2012
Just run some tests, (using my highly advanced Faraday cage, a cooking pot with metal lid 😂). Above reconnection problem is related to some conflict between the VPN app & network connection not working well together, though it will reconnect automatically sometimes, but not always.

Testing with VPN switched OFF seems fine as it always reconnects (tested 5x). (using Proton VPN)
Your VPN probably has a network killswitch enabled on disconnect.

So when you lose connection, the VPN app kills all network activity until presumably you manually reconnect the VPN? This is speculation based on my experience with VPNs. Check your proton VPN app for a killswitch toggle.

1653530831197.png

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Your VPN probably has a network killswitch enabled on disconnect.

So when you lose connection, the VPN app kills all network activity until presumably you manually reconnect the VPN? This is speculation based on my experience with VPNs. Check your proton VPN app for a killswitch toggle.

View attachment 5623077
Thanks for reply
Correct, however I did have VPN set to "always on", which prevously worked fine on 18.1, maybe I just didn't give it enough time to reconnect as playing with "new" phone, oh well, at least since the OTA update (took about 45mins) on Monday it seems fine 🤞, probably just luck though.

llfbandit

Jun 16, 2010
Caen
Discovered an issue with telephony. When the correspondant does NOT talk, I get instead loud noisy sound (so only in silence moments). This not immediately discoverable, I'd say when reaching the first minute.
Another one, which was already there in los 18, is the loud speaker volume which does nothing during a call.
Thanks for the great work and the continuous support of this device!

Last edited:
Reactions: surya17

AIndoria

Jun 24, 2012
Any updates about the System Intelligence being present or not in official?

Yeah I can't see Android System Intelligence anywhere either by default. @npjohnson was this fixed in official or just removed so it doesn't affect anything else? Is this the same in unofficial or does that build have a working variant that exists?

Edit: I've installed System Intelligence manually via APKMirror (May 18 Pixel 5 version), and moved it to system/priv via Terminal Systemizer module, and after a reboot I do see the Live Caption/Now Playing Settings in the Settings -> Sound menu, but they don't do anything. I am unable to enable the Live Captions, since it says Download is required, and the 40Mb download just fails.

So I guess the question remains if this works in unofficial due to Official not having Google-reliant apps by default, or if it is just bonkered on both.

fearvier

May 21, 2022
It isn't unless your Gapps install it.
ah this makes sense. sorry not the original asker but followup questions:

Reactions: DauntlessCulprit

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Lock screen swipe is fixed on latest release ✌️, no more long swiping required! Great work Nolan. Also install & booting took the normal amount of time, maybe just the 1st OTA update after flashing took a long time, or Nolan fixed that as well.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
ah this makes sense. sorry not the original asker but followup questions:

gitlab.com/oddsolutions/android now

Reactions: IronRoo

anonxlg

Sep 3, 2011
Can anyone test what hdmi output does? I use video out once in a blue moon, as a makeshift desktop (for portable retro gaming) and still using vanilla android 10 because of the very basic desktop interface.

Also, Is TWRP never going to get updated? Guessing no one cares enough to update it and/or is deemed unnecessary now?

chanh2018

Jan 19, 2018
Never get device certified for Play Store, other than that everything else is working fine in LOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Klik Portrait Mode crashes device (from just selecting the mode).
    Hello! This is a known issue. As I've written some time ago, this is most likely going to be hard to fix, but I'll try. I wished I could have started working on this earlier, but I've been busy with life and so most of my development activities have been and are on a halt until the end of the month. I'll let you guys know when I make some progress :)

just noticed a bug, when i do screenshot the device freezes then reboots on fresh install. Anyone else able to recreate or remedy this?
    I've never experienced this.
    Thank you for still maintaining lineage os for ph-1!
    Anyone know why the attached option is not available in the lineageos I.e. option to choose theme colours extracted from the wallpaper? Is it a pixel exclusive thing?

npjohnson,​

Appreciate the concise reply(s).
    Thanks,

EDIT:
    Klik Portrait Mode crashes device (from just selecting the mode).
    On reboot, initial A12 lock screen only covers lower 3/4 of screen (upper 1/4 black).
    Secondary reboot, device back and working fine.
    Klik Portrait Mode repeats same result.

Known issue, or likely related to auxiliary app (something I did) ?
    lineage-os-logo.png

Essential Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Essential Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly.
    • mata - Official builds
    • mata - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps - GApps are included in my unofficial builds
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998
    hi, just curious, is there any "sorta-kinda" timeline on if the builds will be monthly/weekly/biweekly etc?
    Monthly.

Officials coming in the next few weeks.
    Issue #2 is the camera app crashes for me, is anyone else having issues with the latest nightly?

For me it crashes when taking hdr and sometimes don't save for the regular ones

Crashes for me too - but only if HDR is on.

I've had a couple of crashes too (with auto HDR setting on)
    Known issue - I'm looking into it. Fixing it won't be easy, but I promise I will try hard :)
    I have been running this build for 4 days (today is the 5th day), and it has been very stable & smooth... thanks Nolen and Lineage.
    The one bug that I have encountered is not a Lineage bug, but a Google bug that received a lot of comments during the 12 Betas. It is "Android System Intelligence keeps stopping". ASI used to be known as ‘Device Personalization Services’. 'Google uses Android System Intelligence to send updates for features like ‘Now Playing’, ‘Live Caption’, ... etc.

MindTheGapps has been notified of this bug, so hopefully it will be taken care of.
    In the mean time, I just disabled it Settings/Apps/All Apps and select Show System from the 3-dot menu.
    The build has run happily without it.

Really grateful to Nolen, Lineage, and for other builds Tommaso
    I fixed this. Next build will be fine.
    Thank you for still maintaining lineage os for ph-1!