[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Essential Phone

Search This thread

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Anyone know why the attached option is not available in the lineageos I.e. option to choose theme colours extracted from the wallpaper? Is it a pixel exclusive thing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718-125337_Via.png
    Screenshot_20220718-125337_Via.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: IronRoo

sanvlagan

Aug 15, 2015
Does NFC work well for everyone else on the UNOFFICIAL version? I just upgdated from the official LinageOS 18, should I have installed from scratch instead of 'updating to a higher version of LinageOS'?
I've just installed the UNOFFICIAL version from scratch, and I'm still having problems with NFC. What can I share to see if it's an easilly fixable problem?

(The crash happens when I try to use NFC with the app "Carga SUBE". Is there another app that I could use to check if the problem is with NFC in general or with this app in particular?)

*Edit: I've just checked with the OFFICIAL version and the problem persists. I downloaded the app "NFC Tools" and it reads the card, so it might be something speciffic about the app "Carga SUBE" that makes it crash on devices without their stock rom

Last edited:

mokshic_karma

Aug 1, 2022
Moto G
Amazon Fire TV
Has anyone run into an issue where the voice calls stop working after a while?

I am talking after clean flash + MindTheGapps + Magisk. The calls do work rightaway after flashing but strangely stop working after (few hours) or a random amount of time later (even the call dialing sound /outgoing call ring doesn't work either).

This issue does not occur on stock. Texts continue to work though. Whatsapp etc continue to work too.

I've tried other LOS12 roms and same issue. Should I get radio/regular logcat if that would help diagnose the issue?

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Has anyone run into an issue where the voice calls stop working after a while?

I am talking after clean flash + MindTheGapps + Magisk. The calls do work rightaway after flashing but strangely stop working after (few hours) or a random amount of time later (even the call dialing sound /outgoing call ring doesn't work either).

This issue does not occur on stock. Texts continue to work though. Whatsapp etc continue to work too.

I've tried other LOS12 roms and same issue. Should I get radio/regular logcat if that would help diagnose the issue?
Happens to me too if I have one of the Gcam modded apks installed and usually shortly after I have used the app to click a picture. I had to uninstall those to make the issue go away.

mokshic_karma

Aug 1, 2022
Moto G
Amazon Fire TV
Happens to me too if I have one of the Gcam modded apks installed and usually shortly after I have used the app to click a picture. I had to uninstall those to make the issue go away.
I didn't have any gcam apk's installed. Although I did notice once this problem cropping after "Finish setting up your PH-1" wizard finished. Maybe as part of setting up the phone google installs some radio settings or voice call codec or something?

Spey

Nov 9, 2007
Here you go, rename it from .zip to .exe and you will be able to install it.
RE: Essential-Ph1-WindowsDrivers.zip
Thank you Vi7eta ! Worked nicely per your simple notes (Post #100) ;-)

Thank You also & Especially npjohnson :)
My initial Ph-1 recently got waterlogged, and it was nice to pull a fresh one and immediately void the warranty.
Installed 20220806-Unofficial, and appears to be running nicely so far (thanks again!!).
Android-12 on a device I bought in 2017 :cool:

A few comments:
1) Can Date widget be removed from Home Screen, so Clock widget can replace it in UnOfficial/Official Build?
2) Is a document that lists/notes all changes/modifications Official vs. Unofficial posted somewhere?
3) Also wondering about fully functioning GCam recommendation for Lineage-19.1 (Parrot043 versions seemed to work best for me when I was running Android-10, but some versions were a little wonky).
3) EDIT: I initially installed GCam MGC-8.2.300-Parrot043-V5 and had fairly good experience using for a day & a night (shot a few AstroPhoto's last night - better experience than 7.1Parrot043 I had run on earlier Ph-1). Did not like that there was no Ratio option (4:3 vs 16:9). Read this was common change for GCam in recent times. Just installed MGC_8.4.300_Parrot043_V1.4 and pleased to see Ratio option (4:3 & 16:9).

Thanks,

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
RE: Essential-Ph1-WindowsDrivers.zip
Thank you Vi7eta ! Worked nicely per your simple notes (Post #100) ;-)

Thank You also & Especially npjohnson :)
My initial Ph-1 recently got waterlogged, and it was nice to pull a fresh one and immediately void the warranty.
Installed 20220806-Unofficial, and appears to be running nicely so far (thanks again!!).
Android-12 on a device I bought in 2017 :cool:

A few comments:
1) Can Date widget be removed from Home Screen, so Clock widget can replace it in UnOfficial/Official Build?
2) Is a document that lists/notes all changes/modifications Official vs. Unofficial posted somewhere?
3) Also wondering about fully functioning GCam recommendation for Lineage-19.1 (Parrot043 versions seemed to work best for me when I was running Android-10, but some versions were a little wonky).
3) EDIT: I initially installed GCam MGC-8.2.300-Parrot043-V5 and had fairly good experience using for a day & a night (shot a few AstroPhoto's last night - better experience than 7.1Parrot043 I had run on earlier Ph-1). Did not like that there was no Ratio option (4:3 vs 16:9). Read this was common change for GCam in recent times. Just installed MGC_8.4.300_Parrot043_V1.4 and pleased to see Ratio option (4:3 & 16:9).

Thanks,
1. in Unofficial no, pixel launcher hardcodes it - official sure.
2. Not really. Try and see what you like.
3. Nope. Klik is the best expereince IMO and is pre-installed.

Spey

Nov 9, 2007

npjohnson,​

Appreciate the concise reply(s).
Thanks,

EDIT:
Klik Portrait Mode crashes device (from just selecting the mode).
On reboot, initial A12 lock screen only covers lower 3/4 of screen (upper 1/4 black).
Secondary reboot, device back and working fine.
Klik Portrait Mode repeats same result.

Known issue, or likely related to auxiliary app (something I did) ?

Last edited:
Reactions: npjohnson

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone

Hello! This is a known issue. As I've written some time ago, this is most likely going to be hard to fix, but I'll try. I wished I could have started working on this earlier, but I've been busy with life and so most of my development activities have been and are on a halt until the end of the month. I'll let you guys know when I make some progress :)

just noticed a bug, when i do screenshot the device freezes then reboots on fresh install. Anyone else able to recreate or remedy this?
I've never experienced this.

Reactions: IronRoo and andril

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Got an odd one today. Charging the phone. Its at 80% and it says fully charged. See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-131740_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220811-131740_Settings.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 21

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
EDIT:
On reboot, initial A12 lock screen only covers lower 3/4 of screen (upper 1/4 black).
Secondary reboot, device back and working fine.
Klik Portrait Mode repeats same result.

Known issue, or likely related to auxiliary app (something I did) ?
Mine has only crashed the app not the device, luckily for me. (location & hdr off) edit: maybe clear app data.
PS. With HDR on B&W will also sometimes crash the app if high contrast photo (as with normal photo)
just noticed a bug, when i do screenshot the device freezes then reboots on fresh install. Anyone else able to recreate or remedy this?
Never had this either (on official) & I do a lot of screenshots, using power button then menu. I assume you mean full screen, not partial screenshot short press power+vol down (I have this turned on in settings)
edit: also doesn't crash when using screenshot from recent apps scroll

Last edited:

CEDRO

Jan 9, 2008
Hello there!

I'd love to install this!
But I'm facing a road bump.
I'm stuck at the step after restarting the bootloader. It's just stuck at Powered by Android. Any ideas? Thanks!

grognouf

Jul 25, 2015
I have moved recently from the android 10 to the unofficial mata version.really happy to have something modern and covered by the latest security patches.
I only ran into three issues : low FPS for some games that were ok under android 10 by essential, one occurrence of no sound with the phone application ( I had to have a reboot)… still trying to have NFC working, ...
Anyway thanks for the hard work. I still have no plan to move to another phone.

Top Liked Posts