[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Essential Phone

Search This thread

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Make sure your contacts are clean on both sides, it works fine for me.
Still the same issue. After I connected the camera, the led comes on the module after a sec or so. It then launches the essential camera app and it immediately shuts down the phone.

Do I need to have anything else Installed on my phone? Any of the other apps that had been released by essential?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Still the same issue. After I connected the camera, the led comes on the module after a sec or so. It then launches the essential camera app and it immediately shuts down the phone.

Do I need to have anything else Installed on my phone? Any of the other apps that had been released by essential?
That is weird. Does it work on stock?

Okay i have a strange problem.

I did not see any Gapps after install the MindtheGapps pakage.

I would update my Essential PH-1 rom 18.1 to LOS 19.1 and to use my new Banking App i did not want to use Magisk anymore.

So i boot into recovery - selected formate date - selected Apply Update from ADB - adb sideloade Rom and Gapps.

But after the phone boots, there is no Google Store etc.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Okay i have a strange problem.

I did not see any Gapps after install the MindtheGapps pakage.

I would update my Essential PH-1 rom 18.1 to LOS 19.1 and to use my new Banking App i did not want to use Magisk anymore.

So i boot into recovery - selected formate date - selected Apply Update from ADB - adb sideloade Rom and Gapps.

But after the phone boots, there is no Google Store etc.
Read the wiki.

Flash the rom, reboot to recovery, then flash Gapps.

Reactions: Serial Kazama
Oct 3, 2022
First time in a long time attempting to load a rom (since 2013 ish), so there may be something simple I'm doing wrong, but I am unable to get fastboot to load the recovery image. Tried multiple cables on suggestions I read on this and other forums, tried windows and ubuntu host machines, tried both fastboot flash boot and fastboot boot, keep getting errors, most commonly like this:
Code:
fastboot boot lineage-19.1-20221003-recovery-mata.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.003s
or
Code:
fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20221003-recovery-mata.img
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'boot' (28913 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (No error))
finished. total time: 0.004s
or it will just stay stuck on sending/downloading and not do anything.
I can load fastboot from adb reboot bootloader or with the power+vol dn combo, and I have the device state as unlocked, and critical unlocked as well. I have tried to follow the guide on the lineage wiki you have linked for the official install image, using the most recent build (2022/10/3), as well as the prior 09-26 build with the same results.

Any help appreciated - Thanks!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
First time in a long time attempting to load a rom (since 2013 ish), so there may be something simple I'm doing wrong, but I am unable to get fastboot to load the recovery image. Tried multiple cables on suggestions I read on this and other forums, tried windows and ubuntu host machines, tried both fastboot flash boot and fastboot boot, keep getting errors, most commonly like this:
Code:
or
Code:
I can load fastboot from adb reboot bootloader or with the power+vol dn combo, and I have the device state as unlocked, and critical unlocked as well. I have tried to follow the guide on the lineage wiki you have linked for the official install image, using the most recent build (2022/10/3), as well as the prior 09-26 build with the same results.

Update your fastboot and drivers.

Oct 3, 2022
Update your fastboot and drivers.
Right, should have included the info for that. Since it's been a long time, I didn't have any of the SDK anymore so it's all a fresh install, I've tried platform tools, versions 33.0.3 and 27.0.0, and both the usb driver v13, and the essential™ windows drivers (which include an ADB redistribution)

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Right, should have included the info for that. Since it's been a long time, I didn't have any of the SDK anymore so it's all a fresh install, I've tried platform tools, versions 33.0.3 and 27.0.0, and both the usb driver v13, and the essential™ windows drivers (which include an ADB redistribution)
So, fastboot boot doesn't work on mata.

You have to fastboot flash boot, and you have to have unlocked your bootloader first.

You can also try fastboot flash --slott=all boot boot.img

Reactions: IronRoo
Oct 3, 2022
So, fastboot boot doesn't work on mata.

You have to fastboot flash boot, and you have to have unlocked your bootloader first.

You can also try fastboot flash --slott=all boot boot.img
I've been trying fastboot flash boot, as that was what was listed, just thought I'd try fastboot boot since nothing else seemed to be working. Good to know that it doesn't work on mata.
Fastboot flashing unlock and the fastboot screen both say the device is unlocked.
Fastboot flash boot either gets stuck "sending" (sometimes with a Warning: skip copying boot_a image avb footer (boot_a partition size: 0, boot_a image size: 29607208).) or will fail with FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
Fastboot flash --slot=all boot results in Finished. Total time: 0.000s or sometimes a time of 0.001s but has no effect and apparently does not actually send anything. Occasionally it returns fastboot: error: Failed to identify current slot

Thanks for taking the time to help diagnose this - let me know if you need any logs or other information

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Code:
or
Code:

Tried this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-133813_Via.png
    Screenshot_20221004-133813_Via.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 19
Oct 3, 2022
Tried it, with platform tools v33.0.3 it gets stuck on "sending" regardless of slot a/b or _/__
or rarely
FAILED (remote: Requested download size is more than max allowed)

With the fastboot built in to the essential drivers (fastboot version 3db08f2c6889-android) it fastboot: error: Failed to identify current slot and sometimes
fastboot: error: Device does not support slots

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Tried it, with platform tools v33.0.3 it gets stuck on "sending" regardless of slot a/b or _/__
or rarely
FAILED (remote: Requested download size is more than max allowed)

With the fastboot built in to the essential drivers (fastboot version 3db08f2c6889-android) it fastboot: error: Failed to identify current slot and sometimes
fastboot: error: Device does not support slots
Sounds like a USB, Cable, or Drivers issues.

Try swapping things out.

Oct 3, 2022
Sounds like a USB, Cable, or Drivers issues.

Try swapping things out.
Thought I had covered that, with the 6+ usb cables, and both desktops + laptop. Apparently not. Tried on my dad's old dell desktop, worked perfectly on the first time. Thanks for an amazing build, it is snappy and clean

For anyone else who finds this, the cable was a usb 3.1 "G" brand usb c to usb a cable that came with the Nvidia Xavier AGX, plugged into a usb 2.0 port on the front of the pc (possibly an internal hub), using the bootloader/usb driver r13, platform tools r27.0.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all! The final 19.1 unofficial are rolling right now.

From here on it will be 20 builds for these devices only when it comes to unofficials.

The device will continue receiving official 19.1 for some time, but 20 will launch soon enough, so get ready to migrate using the upgrade guides!
    works like a champ - coming from LineageOS 19.1 to 20 without loosing any apps and settings. many thanks for giving our old hardware a new life
    lineage-os-logo.png

Essential Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Essential Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly.
    • mata - Official builds
    • mata - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps - GApps are included in my unofficial builds
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998
    hi, just curious, is there any "sorta-kinda" timeline on if the builds will be monthly/weekly/biweekly etc?
    Monthly.

Officials coming in the next few weeks.
    Hey all! The final 19.1 unofficial are rolling right now.

From here on it will be 20 builds for these devices only when it comes to unofficials.

The device will continue receiving official 19.1 for some time, but 20 will launch soon enough, so get ready to migrate using the upgrade guides!
    Thank you for still maintaining lineage os for ph-1!
    Is there a safe place to get said drivers? I did some searches and found some dead links and others said that the Google USB Driver worked fine for the Essential PH-1.
    Here you go, rename it from .zip to .exe and you will be able to install it.