[CLOSED][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Essential Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Any of you using the built in AOSP dialer? If so, is there a way for the call screen to be a different colour apart from the default blue (attached)? Personally I would prefer a blackish tone or maybe the material you theming

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-190607_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20220625-190607_Phone.png
    358.6 KB · Views: 34

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Smart Watches
Amazon Fire
Note to those with Essential 360 Cam... it works fine with this rom. I have to have my phone fully charged for it to work but it does work. I am not sure if it just the battery in my PH-1 is just so old and weak it can not handle the strain on the battery when the 360 Cam is attached or something else but it does work when I have the phone charged to 100%.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Note to those with Essential 360 Cam... it works fine with this rom. I have to have my phone fully charged for it to work but it does work. I am not sure if it just the battery in my PH-1 is just so old and weak it can not handle the strain on the battery when the 360 Cam is attached or something else but it does work when I have the phone charged to 100%.
It is actually a combination - this happens to me as well. Even on stock.

Reactions: SirDigitalKnight

codemonkey2

Jul 11, 2007
I have dug my old Essential out of the attic (greatest phone ever) and thought I would get it up and running again since it had stopped working years ago.

I arrived armed with a replacement screen from Amazon and it sprung into life.

I have installed the latest nightly and everything was going well, until I locked the phone because as soon as I did this the screen became unresponsive.

The only way to recover things are a hard reboot where it will work again until I lock it again.

Issue #2 is the camera app crashes for me, is anyone else having issues with the latest nightly?

Reactions: DigitalDreamer

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
ca
I have dug my old Essential out of the attic (greatest phone ever) and thought I would get it up and running again since it had stopped working years ago.

I arrived armed with a replacement screen from Amazon and it sprung into life.

I have installed the latest nightly and everything was going well, until I locked the phone because as soon as I did this the screen became unresponsive.

The only way to recover things are a hard reboot where it will work again until I lock it again.

Issue #2 is the camera app crashes for me, is anyone else having issues with the latest nightly?
Camera app works for me.

And I can wake from sleep - is your panel OEM or random china model?

sanvlagan

Aug 15, 2015
Does NFC work well for everyone else on the UNOFFICIAL version? I just upgdated from the official LinageOS 18, should I have installed from scratch instead of 'updating to a higher version of LinageOS'?

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Any of you using the built in AOSP dialer? If so, is there a way for the call screen to be a different colour apart from the default blue (attached)? Personally I would prefer a blackish tone or maybe the material you theming
Not using that app but both the stock dialler (white on official build) & Google one go black if you set display to dark theme in settings, might work for yours (though this will apply to everything)

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Not using that app but both the stock dialler (white on official build) & Google one go black if you set display to dark theme in settings, might work for yours (though this will apply to everything)
What do you mean the stock dialer? In lineageos, the aosp dialer is the stock dialer. I am aware of the google phone app, but the only advantage it offers is identifying caller id for businesses which I don't need.

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
What do you mean the stock dialer? In lineageos, the aosp dialer is the stock dialer. I am aware of the google phone app, but the only advantage it offers is identifying caller id for businesses which I don't need.
Yes, I know they are both ASOP but as yours is blue I assumed you must be on unofficial version of this ROM as mine is white, anyhow turning on system wider dark mode may be something you could consider

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone

For me it crashes when taking hdr and sometimes don't save for the regular ones

Crashes for me too - but only if HDR is on.

I've had a couple of crashes too (with auto HDR setting on)
Known issue - I'm looking into it. Fixing it won't be easy, but I promise I will try hard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Essential Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Essential Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly.
    • mata - Official builds
    • mata - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps - GApps are included in my unofficial builds
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998
    Hey all! The final 19.1 unofficial are rolling right now.

From here on it will be 20 builds for these devices only when it comes to unofficials.

The device will continue receiving official 19.1 for some time, but 20 will launch soon enough, so get ready to migrate using the upgrade guides!
    hi, just curious, is there any "sorta-kinda" timeline on if the builds will be monthly/weekly/biweekly etc?
    Monthly.

Officials coming in the next few weeks.
    Thank you for still maintaining lineage os for ph-1!

For me it crashes when taking hdr and sometimes don't save for the regular ones

Crashes for me too - but only if HDR is on.

I've had a couple of crashes too (with auto HDR setting on)
    Known issue - I'm looking into it. Fixing it won't be easy, but I promise I will try hard :)