[CLOSED][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Essential Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

payas0

Anyone had luck plugging the phone to a 4K TV? When I plug mine the TV just flickers blue or pink.

There were some reports that the last official firmware can output to 4K TV. I wonder if LOS can or do I have to flash back stock Android 10.

EDIT: I didn't realize there are two builds here. I am on the official build btw.

Last edited:

payas0

I've tried the latest 20 build and I still can't output properly on a 4k TV. I can output on my 1080p monitor well but when I try to output on a 4k TV it just shows a garbled gray mess. I can see a bit of what I intended to display but only faintly. Anyone else tried this? Thanks.

rovinsonas

Feb 15, 2016
does anyone has the essential usb driver?

i am unable to see the device in fastboot mode.the links i find via google search are broken.

w

rovinsonas

Feb 15, 2016
hello,i found the drivers thank!
i am trying to install MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip via adb sideload but i dont see any gapps after booting the device,any suggestions?

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
hello,i found the drivers thank!
i am trying to install MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip via adb sideload but i dont see any gapps after booting the device,any suggestions?
You are probably forgetting to reboot to recovery immediately after flashing the LineageOS build. It seems dumb to be in the recovery and having to reboot in recovery mode again, but it is a crucial part of the installation process.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
You are probably forgetting to reboot to recovery immediately after flashing the LineageOS build. It seems dumb to be in the recovery and having to reboot in recovery mode again, but it is a crucial part of the installation process.
There is a valid reason for rebooting to recovery. That is how phones with A/B partitions work. It's not a lineageos thing.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
There is a valid reason for rebooting to recovery. That is how phones with A/B partitions work. It's not a lineageos thing.
I know this very well :) I am just saying that for a not very knowledgeable user, it might initially seem a silly thing, to be in the recovery and to have to reboot into it again. In fact, when I first got my PH-1, the first time I installed LineageOS I made exactly the same mistake.

Reactions: malerocks

metroidnemesis13

Feb 1, 2010
Is anyone else getting a GPS issue where it seems to be stopping and starting constantly and location is not precise? Precise location is enabled in settings. On build 19-20221220

Edit: Fixed my own issue. Used GPSTest and cleared assist data + injected psds and time data. Instantly fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronRoo

kittygotwet

Dec 29, 2012
First time in a long time attempting to load a rom (since 2013 ish), so there may be something simple I'm doing wrong, but I am unable to get fastboot to load the recovery image. Tried multiple cables on suggestions I read on this and other forums, tried windows and ubuntu host machines, tried both fastboot flash boot and fastboot boot, keep getting errors, most commonly like this:
Code:
fastboot boot lineage-19.1-20221003-recovery-mata.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.003s
or
Code:
fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20221003-recovery-mata.img
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'boot' (28913 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (No error))
finished. total time: 0.004s
or it will just stay stuck on sending/downloading and not do anything.
I can load fastboot from adb reboot bootloader or with the power+vol dn combo, and I have the device state as unlocked, and critical unlocked as well. I have tried to follow the guide on the lineage wiki you have linked for the official install image, using the most recent build (2022/10/3), as well as the prior 09-26 build with the same results.

Any help appreciated - Thanks!

Hey,

Did you figure this out?

my stupid essential somehow was rooted and after 2-3 years it updated to the february 2020 security patch. I;m stuck on this issue. I can't put a recovery onto boot A or B.

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Hey,

Did you figure this out?

my stupid essential somehow was rooted and after 2-3 years it updated to the february 2020 security patch. I;m stuck on this issue. I can't put a recovery onto boot A or B.
He used his dads old computer, according to later post, probably not much help to you, see this post

I had to do something like use different drivers or platform tools package, sorry can't remember exactly, maybe due to having other programs that install alt drivers? (Followed Lineage instructions, also used short 30cm high quality data cable, DON'T use Essential one)

kittygotwet

Dec 29, 2012
He used his dads old computer, according to later post, probably not much help to you, see this post

I had to do something like use different drivers or platform tools package, sorry can't remember exactly, maybe due to having other programs that install alt drivers? (Followed Lineage instructions, also used short 30cm high quality data cable, DON'T use Essential one)

Ya, changing the cable worked out... My essential is on Android 12, looks nice. But it definitely is killing the battery a lot faster... Anyone notices?

Maybe I should go back to Lineage OS Android 10?

kittygotwet

Dec 29, 2012
I find A11, any A11 ROM, even most of A11 GSIs, the most stable.

Stable for battery as well?

After playing with Lineage 19.1 on A12, i noticed the default keyboard with rumble/hepatics disabled will till be activated. I downloaded Gboard and thankfully it's removed.

The battery life is definitely affected, drains much quicker.

The GPS isn't as accurate (or slower per se)

It doesn't have an "always-on display" option, but whenever I touch/move it it will light up and I can't find any options to turn that off.

After restarting the phone sometimes the background image doesn't fill the entire screen, the top third is gone. Returns after entering the phone.

Not all that big of a deal, just the battery is the main concern.

FYI, how would I go about downgrading to A11? Do I just reformat and enter recovery and flash Lineage A11 version?

Stable for battery as well?
The GSI I've been using (OctaviOS) has been great
Screenshot_20230202-122828897.jpg

A typical "day". I'm a light user; some email, heavy RSS/news , light calling. Here's an average 4-day:

Screenshot_20230202-181613106.jpg

kittygotwet said:
The GPS isn't as accurate (or slower per se)
I'm also a happy camper with GPS performance

kittygotwet said:
After restarting the phone sometimes the background image doesn't fill the entire screen, the top third is gone. Returns after entering the phone.
Not a problem here

kittygotwet said:
FYI, how would I go about downgrading to A11? Do I just reformat and enter recovery and flash Lineage A11 version?
Yes, simple as that, if you don't care about preserving your data. My "workflow" for trying new firmware is: backup -> flash -> extract boot image (termux) -> root (Magisk) -> restore. SwiftBackup has served me well. BTW, I haven't had much experience with Lineage builds but so far it looks like for A13 that will be the way forward for 'mata'.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
The GSI I've been using (OctaviOS) has been great
View attachment 5826559

A typical "day". I'm a light user; some email, heavy RSS/news , light calling. Here's an average 4-day:

View attachment 5826561

I'm also a happy camper with GPS performance

Not a problem here

Yes, simple as that, if you don't care about preserving your data. My "workflow" for trying new firmware is: backup -> flash -> extract boot image (termux) -> root (Magisk) -> restore. SwiftBackup has served me well. BTW, I haven't had much experience with Lineage builds but so far it looks like for A13 that will be the way forward for 'mata'.
Please keep this thread to LineageOS ;)
@npjohnson

Hi,

I can't find the final 19.1 unofficial release on https://github.com/ods-releases/mata/releases nor https://updater.oddsolutions.us/#/devices/mata/builds

Could you point to me to the latest final 19.1 unofficial release? much appreciated, thank you!
I don't have any, sorry.

Had to clean off the GitHub to prevent using too much space.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Got a strange bug - when I restart my phone, it thinks it's close to midnight (that's the time that appears on the status bar). Then a few seconds after that, it sets the correct time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Essential Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Essential Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly.
    • mata - Official builds
    • mata - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps - GApps are included in my unofficial builds
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998
    Hey all! The final 19.1 unofficial are rolling right now.

From here on it will be 20 builds for these devices only when it comes to unofficials.

The device will continue receiving official 19.1 for some time, but 20 will launch soon enough, so get ready to migrate using the upgrade guides!
    hi, just curious, is there any "sorta-kinda" timeline on if the builds will be monthly/weekly/biweekly etc?
    Monthly.

Officials coming in the next few weeks.
    Thank you for still maintaining lineage os for ph-1!
    Issue #2 is the camera app crashes for me, is anyone else having issues with the latest nightly?

For me it crashes when taking hdr and sometimes don't save for the regular ones

Crashes for me too - but only if HDR is on.

I've had a couple of crashes too (with auto HDR setting on)
    Known issue - I'm looking into it. Fixing it won't be easy, but I promise I will try hard :)