[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Google Pixel 2 XL

Search This thread

HW898

May 11, 2022
Singapore
Anyone else have this problem?

If I change the wallpaper though nova launcher or gallery and reboot then "Settings > Wallpapers & style" will instantly crash and not open.

So far I have tried:
1. Clearing com.android.wallpaper cache and data
2. Clearing Pixel Launcher cache and data
3. Installing Google Wallpaper from Play Store
4. Changing language in system settings

If Google Wallpaper app is installed then I am able to open the app directly but it will crash as soon as I attempt to click on the "style" portion.

Running unofficial, not sure if official has the issue. I've done clean re-installs three times now and have re-produced the issue each time.
Does this happen with the default launcher?

HW898

May 11, 2022
Singapore
So LOS just prompted me to update (official version). Can I confirm that it is safe to update through the OTA? Will anything be lost? (including safetynet stuff etc.)

Nov 15, 2014
So LOS just prompted me to update (official version). Can I confirm that it is safe to update through the OTA? Will anything be lost? (including safetynet stuff etc.)
I originally installed the unofficial version then updated via OTA.
Seems fine to me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-075632_SafetyNet Check.png
    Screenshot_20220523-075632_SafetyNet Check.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 60

lichan

Jan 9, 2011
Oklahoma City
The latest update upon install messed up Magisk 23.0 and I no longer have root.Can I install Magisk from the lineage recovery without starting completely over on the lineageos 19.1 ROM? I was able to get Magisk App reinstalled but actual Magisk 23.0 is a no go.
Thanks

armaki

Jan 8, 2008
The latest update upon install messed up Magisk 23.0 and I no longer have root.Can I install Magisk from the lineage recovery without starting completely over on the lineageos 19.1 ROM? I was able to get Magisk App reinstalled but actual Magisk 23.0 is a no go.
Thanks
Reboot to Recovery
Advanced
Apply update from ADB
adb sideload [magisk.apk]
Reboot system

8Bitz0

May 28, 2022
I'm having issues with my SIM card on my Google Pixel 2 XL. I am using Verizon, I haven't really seen people have this issue with their Pixel 2 XL. I've re-installed many times, wiped the cache. It still won't detect the SIM card. Are there any fixes for this?

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
I'm having issues with my SIM card on my Google Pixel 2 XL. I am using Verizon, I haven't really seen people have this issue with their Pixel 2 XL. I've re-installed many times, wiped the cache. It still won't detect the SIM card. Are there any fixes for this?
Maybe the SIM card is broken? Or the SIM connectors in the phone? Perhaps you can switch to an eSIM?

qtWHL

May 29, 2022
Thanks for the unofficial build. First time dealing with custom ROMs and it took about 20 minutes to make it install/configure. Everything works like a charm and I like it more than official one (which I also tried with Magisk & MTG)

Issues I've noticed and solve (hope it helps other guys here):
- You can't open recently shot photo from camera. Solution: Install Google Photos.
- You can't set custom notification sound. Solution: Install Google Sounds 3 (I've used APKMirror package)

Issue I was not able to solve:
- Open Markup tool from screenshot notification. I thought it was missing and installed different versions of packages from APKMirror but it still fails and crashes with below (according to logcat):
Code:
05-29 20:56:02.521 11754 11754 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
05-29 20:56:02.521 11754 11754 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.google.android.markup, PID: 11754
05-29 20:56:02.521 11754 11754 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library "libsketchology_native.so" not found

@npjohnson can you take a look? It works in official build btw.

Thanks in advance and thank you for the great work!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Thanks for the unofficial build. First time dealing with custom ROMs and it took about 20 minutes to make it install/configure. Everything works like a charm and I like it more than official one (which I also tried with Magisk & MTG)

- You can't open recently shot photo from camera. Solution: Install Google Photos.
- You can't set custom notification sound. Solution: Install Google Sounds 3 (I've used APKMirror package)

- Open Markup tool from screenshot notification. I thought it was missing and installed different versions of packages from APKMirror but it still fails and crashes with below (according to logcat):
Code:
05-29 20:56:02.521 11754 11754 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.google.android.markup, PID: 11754
05-29 20:56:02.521 11754 11754 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library "libsketchology_native.so" not found

Fixing all three.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

Code:

Okay:
1. A noted bug, but the issue is that Google Photos is ****ing huge and I don't think we can fit it.
2. I can set an MP3 as a custom notification sound fine
3. I don't see this crash.

qtWHL

May 29, 2022
Okay:
1. A noted bug, but the issue is that Google Photos is ****ing huge and I don't think we can fit it.
2. I can set an MP3 as a custom notification sound fine
3. I don't see this crash.
Thank you for reply!

1. Gotcha, I guess it is okay, most users can install it by themselves if they really need it :)
2. Strange, I wasn't able to do it via Settings > Sound > Default Notiifcation Sound without having 'Google Sounds 3' APK installed. It resulted in crash for Settings app if doing so few times in a row. Anyway, not a big deal since it can be fixed with APK install :)
3. Sorry, I wasn't precise enough:
- After installing unofficial build, it simply canoot open Markup app as it is not installed by default. When you try to edit screenshot from notification, it simply cannot find the app:
Code:
05-30 10:16:35.816  1543  2484 I ActivityTaskManager: START u0 {act=android.intent.action.EDIT dat=content://media/external/images/media/69 typ=image/png flg=0x10008003 cmp=com.google.android.markup/.AnnotateActivity} from uid 10157
05-30 10:16:35.817  1952  1952 E ActionProxyReceiver: Pending intent canceled
- I've tried to installed different versions of Markup (9, 10 & 11 Beta) from APKMirror and then second attempt resulted in the crash that I mentioned above. If this is an issue with markup, I gonna try other sources for obtaining the APK. But just in case:

1. Install Markup app.
2. Squeeze for screenshot
3. Press Edit in appeared notification
AR: Markup app cannot be opened, logcat displays FATAL EXCEPTION
ER: Markup app is opened :)

Hope it helps!

Top Liked Posts