[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Google Pixel 2 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

avik_karati2007

Jun 24, 2009
Delhi
Make sure that you follow the install guide exactly - you may have to start over.

Pay special notice to reboots. The Pixel has two slots for roms, and tends to change between them when you reboot the recovery. And if you reboot to the LineageOS rom before installing gapps, it can prevent them from working later on.
I'm using TWRP recovery to flash coz sideload is not working on my device.
Can you please tell me how do I flash ???
I did this as follows -
1. clear cache
2. install Rom
3. install Gapps ( which is not successful )
4. reboot the system
...... and its reboots without Gapps

Should I change the slot from A to B in between ??? Kindly guide

Feebz13

Mar 15, 2011
Successfully flashed the official version but now can't pass safetynet unfortunately. Can I just flash unofficial over this version?

kröte

Jun 10, 2021
I'm using TWRP recovery to flash coz sideload is not working on my device.
Can you please tell me how do I flash ???
I did this as follows -
1. clear cache
2. install Rom
3. install Gapps ( which is not successful )
4. reboot the system
...... and its reboots without Gapps

Should I change the slot from A to B in between ??? Kindly guide
Look carefully at the innstruction. Afterr installing the ROM and before installing Googlle apps you have to go to advvance and thhen reboot to recovery then iinstall the Google app.

Feebz13

Mar 15, 2011
Official won't pass safetynet. You'll need Magisk + other modules to help with that.

Unofficial passes, i would clean flash.
Thanks Hawkeye will clean flash. I dirty flashed official from 18.1 was previously passing safety net with magisk and safetynetfix but it broke with upgrade. I'll try official clean flash + magisk modules.

Feebz13

Mar 15, 2011
Ok so quick update, got Google pay to work, and PayPal started working randomly. The financial app Astra still does not work.

For reference if you try to install the pixelify magisk module ( this is with version 2.01) it may break Google pays connection to pull your payment methods. Not sure why but it does. But easy fix is remove the module.
Just finished clean install passing safetynet w magic props config and universalsafetynet fix but can't get Google pay to work either. I will say it feels like the clean install runs a bit snappier in comparison to dirty flash...but maybe all in my head.

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
Just finished clean install passing safetynet w magic props config and universalsafetynet fix but can't get Google pay to work either. I will say it feels like the clean install runs a bit snappier in comparison to dirty flash...but maybe all in my head.
To get it to work, you need to pass safteynet and hide root. In order to hide root use shamiko magisk module. Also make sure the universal safteynet fix is the zygisk version and that zygisk is enabled

DonQuixote77

May 17, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Very nice work @npjohnson
I was running an old ABC ROM 11 build on both my Taimen, as well as the one my wife handed down to my son. Just installed your May 15th unofficial build (with the built in gapps) on both devices, and everything's running great.
Thanks for your work, keeping this device in new threads 👍

Reactions: npjohnson
D

Deleted member 11401259

To get it to work, you need to pass safteynet and hide root. In order to hide root use shamiko magisk module. Also make sure the universal safteynet fix is the zygisk version and that zygisk is enabled
CTS is not, even using Magisk, Zygisk, safetynet module and shamiko. Chacked with Yasnac

keylogthis

May 7, 2016
Anyone else have this problem?

If I change the wallpaper though nova launcher or gallery and reboot then "Settings > Wallpapers & style" will instantly crash and not open.

So far I have tried:
1. Clearing com.android.wallpaper cache and data
2. Clearing Pixel Launcher cache and data
3. Installing Google Wallpaper from Play Store
4. Changing language in system settings

If Google Wallpaper app is installed then I am able to open the app directly but it will crash as soon as I attempt to click on the "style" portion.

Running unofficial, not sure if official has the issue. I've done clean re-installs three times now and have re-produced the issue each time.

D

Deleted member 11401259

Anyone else have this problem?

If I change the wallpaper though nova launcher or gallery and reboot then "Settings > Wallpapers & style" will instantly crash and not open.

So far I have tried:
1. Clearing com.android.wallpaper cache and data
2. Clearing Pixel Launcher cache and data
3. Installing Google Wallpaper from Play Store
4. Changing language in system settings

If Google Wallpaper app is installed then I am able to open the app directly but it will crash as soon as I attempt to click on the "style" portion.

Running unofficial, not sure if official has the issue. I've done clean re-installs three times now and have re-produced the issue each time.
Google wallpaper is working fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 2 XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Google Pixel 2 XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • taimen - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_wahoo
    Hey all! The final 19.1 unofficial are rolling right now.

From here on it will be 20 builds for these devices only when it comes to unofficials.

The device will continue receiving official 19.1 for some time, but 20 will launch soon enough, so get ready to migrate using the upgrade guides!
    I am on the official build rooted with magisk 24.3
    And the latest update of lineageOS
    Magiskhideprops(run props in terminal)
    Reboot
    Flashed universal safetynet fix

Official lineage 19.1 rooted passing safety net :)

Screenshot_20220530-164244_Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker.png
    Is it possible to adjust the vibration intensity? Compared to 18.1 it is overly strong when receiving notifications. Haptic feedback and the short burst on reboot are at normal levels. The other vibrations are cranked up so much there is audible rattling which makes it sound the case is coming apart. I wonder if continued vibrations like this have an effect on the longevity of the device.
    Thanks this worked! Needed to clear the data.
    Thanks @npjohnson @deathblade