Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 3a XL

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Google Pixel 3a XL.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
  • bonito - Official builds
  • bonito - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
  • None.
  • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
Notes:
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
  • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.9

Adoven_gamer1337

Apr 25, 2022
Was able to install on my Pixel 3a XL successfully! Sadly there was a niche feature that was removed, but i hope as this rom continues to be developed, the feature might be readded. The feature i am referring to is the Now Playing detection, for the ability for the Pixel to hear music that is playing in background and display it on the Always On Display. Other than that, this is a solid rom. I would give it a 9/10 regardless because LineageOS is a good rom nonetheless.

Reactions: KarinByChance

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Well I am not having as much luck... I keep getting errors
Android system intelligence keeps stopping
This is with the UNOFFICIAL buld from the 21st

Also there does not appear to be any theming colors other then the deafault ones found in stock android. One of the reason I like LOS so much is that gogle does such a horrible job picking allowed theme colors

UPDATE: Loaded the official version and while I dont have the issue with android system intelligence I no longer can find any way to change theme color. In the custom version I had the options to use the standard google colors, in the stock version those choices simply dont exist. I only see wallpaper options and nothing else.

Is it hidden somewhere else under settings as I cant find it

Also changing system icon type doesnt affect all icons, not sure this may be an issue with pure sock as well

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

Also there does not appear to be any theming colors other then the deafault ones found in stock android. One of the reason I like LOS so much is that gogle does such a horrible job picking allowed theme colors

UPDATE: Loaded the official version and while I dont have the issue with android system intelligence I no longer can find any way to change theme color. In the custom version I had the options to use the standard google colors, in the stock version those choices simply dont exist. I only see wallpaper options and nothing else.

Also changing system icon type doesnt affect all icons, not sure this may be an issue with pure sock as well
intelligence error will be fixed next build.

As for official not having color selection - yeah, that's a pixel goodies thing.

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
ok so whats the official party line from LOS for theming as currently there is no way to change accent colors at all. Mine defaults to lime green and I can find no way to change it

That said I dont want to seem negative as for a first build for android 12 everything else seems to work perfectly

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
ok so whats the official party line from LOS for theming as currently there is no way to change accent colors at all. Mine defaults to lime green and I can find no way to change it

That said I dont want to seem negative as for a first build for android 12 everything else seems to work perfectly
On the official build there is no way.

It's monet. Matches AOSP.

Letitride

With much thanks & appreciation for LOS support for our beloved devices over the years, going back to the early Moto & Nexus days ... here I come, joining soon - my Pixel 3a XL in excellent condition, well cared for and AccuBattery health put it at 97% still, SOT on stock rom of close to 8 hours - not putting this away anytime soon, nor going to trade it for $25 or even $50 (BL unlocked, ready to have fun)

jesudas

Mar 16, 2012
Dharwad
Really sorry for this question
I have mido and it's quite simple to flash roms via usb in twrp or of...... instructions are...

Wiping
Dalvik/art cache
Cache
System
Data
Interal storage
Vendor

After all this
Data wipe with yes option

Installation

Rom.zip
Gapps.zip
Magisk.zip
Reboot
But here in bonito download section it has rom.zip + recovery.zip?
My question is am I able flash the rom via usb?
Please guide me

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
On the official build there is no way.

It's monet. Matches AOSP.
Guess I will just watch the thread till you release your fixed build

UPDATE: forgot stock android theming is horrible. Only 4 colors to pick. Will keep using official with the magisk module for now... and yes I know this makes me unsupported since am using magisk but until LOS implements some kind of theming its really the only choice

Last edited:

Yaznas

I have mido and it's quite simple to flash roms via usb in twrp or of...... instructions are...

Wiping
Dalvik/art cache
Cache
System
Data
Interal storage
Vendor

After all this

Installation

Rom.zip
Gapps.zip
Magisk.zip
Reboot
Please guide me
Read this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/bonito/install
Instructions are clear as they can be.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

Wiping
Dalvik/art cache
Cache
System
Data
Interal storage
Vendor

After all this

Installation

Rom.zip
Gapps.zip
Magisk.zip
Reboot
Please guide me
There is no recovery zip. Not at all sure where you are looking.

Follow the wiki.

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Actually The answers seem to be No and No then. Tried to load yours on top of official and had intelligence errors as well as just general app stoping errors mostly when in settings.

Back on official LOS for now, had to reload with a factory format to get it to work right again. Hope LOS team implements some kind of theming in the near future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 3a XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Google Pixel 3a XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • bonito - Official builds
    • bonito - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.9

intelligence error will be fixed next build.

As for official not having color selection - yeah, that's a pixel goodies thing.
    Was able to install on my Pixel 3a XL successfully! Sadly there was a niche feature that was removed, but i hope as this rom continues to be developed, the feature might be readded. The feature i am referring to is the Now Playing detection, for the ability for the Pixel to hear music that is playing in background and display it on the Always On Display. Other than that, this is a solid rom. I would give it a 9/10 regardless because LineageOS is a good rom nonetheless.